Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 09:14 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Now you're just making things up. He was questioned - vigorously - under oath.
Big difference between openly lying in a forum setting when being questioned by politicians, and being in a dimly lit room and questioned by an FBI agent trained to detect lies & deceit, with a whole nother team of FBI agents behind the glass window with lie detector equipment that measures voice pitch.

Of course you know that, but it doesn't fit your narrative so you attempted to downplay it. I understand. Really, I get it. It's okay.

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The FBI agents are well educated on how to identify signs of deceit during an interview.

BTW, Kavanaugh demonstrated every one of them during his hearing last Thursday.
Doesn't matter if they think someone is deceitful. In a background investigation, they write down what the person tells them whether they believe it or not.

If they get contradictory info, they write that down.

Its up to the people receiving the report to draw a conclusion from what they write down.

You will not see an FBI background investigation that says someone was lying based on what two or more different people said.

You would only see that if there was something like a police report to prove they lied.

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Well they did the expanded background investigation per the agreement with the Democrats. But I'm sure the Democrats will continue to act like they never agreed to this. Par for the course for Democrats.
Actually the Senate Committee, per Grassley, sent over to the White House the terms of the FBI investigation. (I believe Trump stated later they could investigate whoever they wanted). Anyhow, the democrats knew the terms of the investigation and they agreed. So all this blah blah blah is just the democrats trying to stall again. I don't know how DiFi looks at herself in the mirror.

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The way I look at this is, if Kavanaugh is confirmed, he probably won't last on the court as long as the conservatives would like, because he'll probably meet an early demise from cirrhosis of the liver. Or some other alcohol-related death.
Which of you democrats will volunteer to be Kavanaugh's food taster? Should have done that for Scalia long ago.

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Ford's attorney said they would turn over her notes on the condition Ford was interviewed by the FBI...
...knowing full well the FBI has concluded their investigation and are using Ford's sworn testimony

It's just more BS for show..........
Wow ... you just took my post and not only snipped it but removed words from the quoted sentence to make it appear that I was using "established" to refer to the FBI investigation NOT to "honesty." Creative truncation at its worst.

How very ironic that I was saying there wasn't much honesty to go around.

Original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Very little established honesty to had anywhere in this matter. Sure, maybe the last FBI go-around was a sham investigation but then I just clicked on a news item that said Ford is now willing to turn over all her therapy notes to the FBI.

So is that a matter of her not now being heard (sham investigation) or what she should have done in the beginning (fully support to the best of her ability any accusation that she brings forward)?

Plenty to criticize both ways. And so we do ...
Your version:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady
Very little established but then I just clicked on a news item that said Ford is now willing to turn over all her therapy notes to the FBI....

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The FBI would've been able to sniff out Kavanaugh's lies or deceit, which is why Trump/White House did not allow the FBI to interview both he and Ford.

Link?

Old 10-04-2018, 09:16 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This would be why Kavanaugh would not affirmatively agree to an FBI interview and why the WH limited the scope of the investigation to not interview Kavanaugh.
Kavanaugh has had 7 FBI background investigations on him and everything he has said during the confirmation is under oath.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-04-2018 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: Against TOS

Old 10-04-2018, 09:17 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,698,667 times
Well, that's probably that.

Unless 2 of Flake, Collins, Murkowski are going to take into account, among other things, news reports of people saying Kavanaugh misrepresented his drinking habits and lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee, this is a done deal. Only the fallout will be left.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:18 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Well, that's probably that.

Unless 2 of Flake, Collins, Murkowski are going to take into account, among other things, news reports of people saying Kavanaugh misrepresented his drinking habits and lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee, this is a done deal. Only the fallout will be left.
And probably an impeachment from the House once the Dems take it back in November. Won't clear the senate, though.

But Kav's seat will forever be tainted, which is the best dems can do at this point.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:19 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Big difference between openly lying in a forum setting when being questioned by politicians, and being in a dimly lit room and questioned by an FBI agent trained to detect lies & deceit, with a whole nother team of FBI agents behind the glass window with lie detector equipment that measures voice pitch.

Of course you know that, but it doesn't fit your narrative so you attempted to downplay it. I understand. Really, I get it. It's okay.
I think you've been watching too much tv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies