Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 12:11 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Once again - the ACTUAL POINT IS NOT ADDRESSED IN YOUR COMMENT.

The issue is LYING about the drinking (not the drinking).

No JUSTICE ON THE SUPREME COURT should be appointed going in as a KNOWN LIAR.
Once again - the ACTUAL POINT IS that you haven't bothered to post or LINK to the LIE you claim that Judge Kavanaugh told under oath.

He likes beer - he said so.
He drinks beer - he said so.
He drank beer in high school and said so
He drank beer in College and said so.

Leftists are going to have a really tough time convincing Normal People that Drinking Beer in college or really close to legal age in high school makes you an evil lying drunk rapist. That won't fly.

When the Leftist Dems kept harping on "drinking beer makes you a drunk AND a rapist".
He pretty much said the same thing every time - he pointed out he was Capitan of the Football Team and practiced all the time. He was Capitan of the Basketball Team and practiced all the time. He was 1st in his class, attended Church every Sunday, worked on his Service Projects regularly ......
Not to mention keeping his calendar up to date daily.

>> they were supposed to figure out exactly when he had the time to be the Georgetown Prep Drunk.
Story at Yale was pretty much the same thing. Kavanaugh is a Boy Scout (according to all this friend and pretty much most of the people who have ever met him) and a serious Over-Achiever.t
I guess the Leftists were just too dim to figure out how the drunk did all that over achieving.

Good Grief folks -- he was well into college before he even had sex for the first time.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:13 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I said this before and say it again.....take out the names and the politics of liberals vs conservatives out of this.

if this was Jane Doe making the same allegations on Michael Jordan, Joe Montana or Jerry Seinfeld when both were in high school with no witnesses and no evidence and Jane Doe doesn't remember much, this NEVER makes the news....their lawyers will kill this quickly if Jane tries to file a report, or tries to go out in public with her allegation and this never makes it into court.

only in Washington's politics this gets national attention and is a national crisis. That is a fact.

if this would have happened to Johnny Carson, his lawyers would have killed this so quickly and never makes the news, especially when Jane Doe didn't even file a police report.

you know I'm right.
That's part of the problem.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:18 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's part of the problem.

explain......if Mrs. Ford made the same allegations on anybody else except Kavanaugh this would get dismissed in any court (it won't get past a police report) and never makes the news.

that is a fact..............Mrs. Ford's allegation only has legs to stand in the world of politics because she is a political football.....in the real world, this gets ignored if she ever tries to go public....even laughed at.....she might even get sued for slander.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Have you read this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/u...ction=Trending

Shame on you for wishing the the SC devolve into the gutter. These people are supposed to be more highly evolved, have more integrity, choose the high road instead of the low road, and above petty and destructive biases. That's why we put them there.

OH SHAME!!!! How dare a man highly thought of, with a sterling reputation should DARE to defend himself from rape, gang rape, drugging, attempted murder.
You may not have noticed but there is a New Sheriff in town and the FED-UP crowd is more than sick and tired of the Old Way of doing things ..... which is .....

Leftist can DO and SAY anything they please and everyone else has to SHUT -UP.
Not anymore buttercup.

We will just let it play out and see where the chips fall. Washington D.C. is the gutter and it needs a good fire hose cleaning. Normal People have been waiting for it a long time.

In the meantime - try reading this once again. It explains a lot. She spoke at the confirmation.

I’m a Liberal Feminist Lawyer. Here’s Why Democrats Should Support Judge Kavanaugh. |Politico - August 8, 2018

Last edited by Kibby; 10-01-2018 at 12:45 AM..

Old 10-01-2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
explain......if Mrs. Ford made the same allegations on anybody else except Kavanaugh this would get dismissed in any court (it won't get past a police report) and never makes the news.

that is a fact..............Mrs. Ford's allegation only has legs to stand in the world of politics because she is a political football.....in the real world, this gets ignored if she ever tries to go public....even laughed at.....she might even get sued for slander.
What you said about a woman's allegations being squashed by lawyers or not making it to court because she doesn't have proof. You mentioned all famous men but I don't think a man has to be famous to get away with it. I hear tell when you're a star you can do anything.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:32 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Ha. Good try. No issues. Just think it’s pointless. And hate the fact that Flake caved and is playing party to the Democrats dirty politics. My issue with the week delay is 100% because I know it was borne out of the desire of the Democrats to use their dirty politics to delay and nothing to do with Kavanaugh’s fitness to be on the Supreme Court.
Not to mention those lunatic protesters that lambasted him in the elevator. He was like a deer in headlights. Those women were over the top in their ranting that had nothing to do with the case in hand except to sway his vote. Why do these protesters have such free access in that building? He couldn’t shut the elevator as they wouldn’t allow it.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:32 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What you said about a woman's allegations being squashed by lawyers or not making it to court because she doesn't have proof. You mentioned all famous men but I don't think a man has to be famous to get away with it. I hear tell when you're a star you can do anything.

not only famous .....anybody.

if I accused you of attempted rape in a high school party in 1982 with the same lack of evidence and lack of witnesses as Dr. Ford's allegations and I don't remember much, my allegations against you gets killed quickly by any lawyer (you don't even need one, NO DA will prosecute) if I try to go public....you don't have to be famous....that's the real world.

in the real world, Dr. Ford's doesn't have much of case.....it wouldn't get past a police report from the Maryland police or any state. It would be a report in a file in the police's database, that's it!.... that's a fact.

in the case Dr. Ford, she refuses to file a police report in the state of Maryland, where they have full jurisdiction.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
not only famous .....anybody.

if I accused you of attempted rape in a high school party in 1982 with the same lack of evidence and lack of witnesses as Dr. Ford's allegations and I don't remember much, my allegations against you gets killed quickly by any lawyer if I try to go public....you don't have to be famous....that's the real world.

in the real world, Dr. Ford's doesn't have much of case.....it wouldn't past a police report from the Maryland police or any state..... that's a fact.
Evidence is notoriously tricky in these kinds of situations. At least she has a witness to name.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:37 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
Your byline is spot on.
Good one there.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
That’s incredible isn’t it. Absolutely nothing. How is that even possible?
Professionals can do it ..... and did. They did it early so they could be ready.
Thing is -- I'm pretty sure that they never intended (and she sure didn't plan on) Blasey Ford ever having to testify under Oath. When Susan Collins and Jeff Flake announced that if Ford didn't testify, then they had no choice but to vote for Kavanaugh ..... it was a mad scramble to try and get her ready.
They counted heavily on the "Old White Men" on the Republican side grilling the poor little girl with her little girl voice and hair in her face. Ooops -- that failed.

Let's not forget -- Team Ford has obstructed all the way. Team Kavanaugh has cooperated all the way.
Leftist Dems would even meet with the GOP, so the GOP sent out the Investigators.

Ford brought absolutely nothing NEW to her testimony - in fact, she got caught in several "FIBS" (and then she giggle-giggle'd about it -- so they went on the FBI Investigation band wagon - now they have it. Leftists won't accept whatever the FBI finds - but Normal People will.

And that's what counts in the end. Republicans bent over backwards because they are scared to death of the Nasty Media and the Screaming Protestors. Judge Kavanaugh finally stood up for himself, because he had nothing left to lose ..... his life was going down the drain over something he knew he didn't do.

Nothing more determined and dangerous that a person who has nothing left to lose.
Leftists pushed too hard - now they reap what they sowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies