Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 01:15 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He should have picked the woman--it would have gone smoothly.

You are very naive. Demorats will oppose everyone, even a half black, half Latino lesbian. Look what they did to Clarence Thomas.

I'm sure he will nominate that woman, forgot her name, when Ruth Buzzi Ginsberg dies.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:16 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,003,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Well. Ya gotta know Trump.loves the division. He surely wants a turn to call out the national guard and shoot at some students. And he will tout it will be the best student massacre in the history of America. No on e will ever have higher casualties then he
. He is Making America Great Again.
Gee he even stole that saying right from Reagan...he is definately a non partisan liar in Cheif.
So, you'd be OK with the rioting that results in cars on fire, windows smashed, and stores looted? All so the butt-hurt Left can exercise their demented version of the First Amendment?

Maybe a small group of them will slip inside the Senate Building, set it alight, and then blame the Republicans!

10,029 posts, read 9,503,170 times
Quote:
Well. Ya gotta know Trump.loves the division. He surely wants a turn to call out the national guard and shoot at some students. And he will tout it will be the best student massacre in the history of America. No on e will ever have higher casualties then he
. He is Making America Great Again.
Gee he even stole that saying right from Reagan...he is definately a non partisan liar in Cheif.
Loosen your tin foil hat, I think it’s cutting off the circulation to your brain.

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I think they ought to go back further. I bet he flashed his naked penis at teenage girls numerous times during 1966-1969 time frame.
I think so too. He ought to haul all these ladies into court for a real trial . That would serve , them, right. alright.

Subpoena Mark Judge or throw his cowardly bumm in jail for contempt. Cross examine Chrissy Ford s ex.,
Get her psychologist, husband, pbotos of the inside and outside of the house in question, ..and the upstairs bedroom in relation to the bathroom. Should trip her up. Yeah. And the currently same operating frat house ..get a floor plan and trip up Avenottis client.!!

Court court court court, everybody! Say it with me !court court court court!!!!
Uhmmmm... you might want to relook at those date and think. Your knee jerk reaction, of course, is part of the point with these types of little jokes.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:17 PM

8,496 posts, read 3,337,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you think ford hurt or helped women?
Why connect her to "women" one way or another? She was an individual who chose to make an allegation period. If she hurt women, its because folks are choosing to characterize it that way.

Lindsay Graham turned vulnerability to false accusation into a talking point that resonated with many. Don't recall offhand if it was Graham who introduced gender, although obviously that was the context.

Don Jr. tweeted the other day that he had far more fear for his sons (of misreporting) than for his daughters (of rape or other abuse).

Really? This was she said vs he said with no way to resolve it within the Senate setting. At a minimum, a "fair and balanced decision" would require days of examination (psychologist interviews, cross-exams). The Senate is not a Court of Law. And there was not enough proof to bring a formal accusation. Unless Judge changed his story (which he did not) that's the end.

But if someone would say to me that I'm afraid to hire you because of Ford, I'd think them daft.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:18 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times
Demorats will be demanding a seance to contact Julie Swetnick's witness who is dead.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:19 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Why connect her to "women" one way or another? She was an individual who chose to make an allegation period. If she hurt women, its because folks are choosing to characterize it that way.

Lindsay Graham turned vulnerability to false accusation into a talking point that resonated with many. Don't recall offhand if it was Graham who introduced gender, although obviously that was the context.

Don Jr. tweeted the other day that he had far more fear for his sons (of misreporting) than for his daughters (of rape or other abuse).

Really? This was she said vs he said with no way to resolve it within the Senate setting. At a minimum, a "fair and balanced decision" would require days of examination (psychologist interviews, cross-exams). The Senate is not a Court of Law. And there was not enough proof to bring a formal accusation. Unless Judge changed his story (which he did not) that's the end.

But if someone would say to me that I'm afraid to hire you because of Ford, I'd think them daft.

Because the person I responded to stated women will remember, so that's the reason for my question.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:27 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,488,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
The Kavanaugh strategy is completely baffling. Sure they will confirm the guy that was obvious from the beginning - because he was Trump's pick. But in the long run, seems like this will hurt the Republicans, since they can't win elections with the male vote alone. Women are not going to forget this.
I am a woman and I am all for it. You are misreading the electorate again.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:27 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
I'm extremely angry....that I don't own a liquor store today.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:28 PM

19,615 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post

Then either he is clueless or he is just favoring his sons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies