Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 03:43 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Q: How can we tell that the FBI's investigation reports have good news for Kavanaugh?

A: Diane Feinstein's office hasn't leaked it yet.
She did stick with the script of her scam.
She made an accusation without evidence against the President.

She said she felt the investigation was incomplete b/c of the President. She even admitted after her accusation she had no proof of it.

The Feinstein is far from fine.
She gives new meaning to the position of ranking member. She is just rank.
She got a break when Fox fired Kevin Jackson.
He might have brought out the skank-o-meter and hooked her up.
Very similar to a polygraph I hear.

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Citizens United for one.
So...you are concerned that Justice Kavanaugh will seek to overturn Citizens United, which struck down as unconstitutional a law clearly abridging the freedom of political speech?

Personally...I don't think you have anything to worry about on that count. You may set aside your apprehension insofar as that case is concerned.

18,717 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Q: How can we tell that the FBI's investigation reports have good news for Kavanaugh?

A: Democrats who were screaming a week ago that we needed an investigation by an impartial, unbiased organization like the FBI, have now done a complete 180 and are screaming that the FBI is clearly biased, corrupt, and heavily influenced by President Trump and the Republicans.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:45 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Democrats are in a Blind Rage because they lost a generational opportunity to reshape the Supreme Court.
This was a direct result of Obama and the Dems cramming Obamacare down our throats.

I was extremely pizzed at the time but really glad to know Ms. Karma does do her thing. It took her 6 years to finally get here.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The FBI conducted this investigation under the directives from the WH. I never hated the FBI and do not now. You can't seem to understand that the FBI is non-partisan and does whatever work it is directed to do.
I don't hate the FBI at all. They were ham-strung by the liar-in-chief who did NOT let them do an urestrained investigation and only allowed them to question 4 people. There are articles by people who lived with Bret Kavanaugh for years, who contacted the FBI, but who the WH did not allow to be questioned.

Trump is a liar and this 'investigation' was a total sham--that is quite clear.

In any event, I do hope they go ahead and confirm this lying, biased conspiracy theorist. It will be the best thing for the Dems. The blue wave will be pretty much guaranteed, and once the Dems get the House, Trump will discover what Obama's life was like with a hostile House and many angry voters. Not fun. He'll probably freak out as we know he does not handle pressure well and has massive tantrums when he does not get his own way.

They should confirm Kavanaugh, watch the volcanic electorate reaction, and then let's get on with the midterms!

Old 10-04-2018, 03:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Retired Justice Stevens just came out publicly to voice his opposition to Kavanaugh's appointment to the SCOTUS! Stevens said Kavanaugh's behavior at the hearing is unacceptable for a Justice.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...t-be-confirmed

Old 10-04-2018, 03:52 PM

1,487 posts, read 781,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
So...you are concerned that Justice Kavanaugh will seek to overturn Citizens United, which struck down as unconstitutional a law clearly abridging the freedom of political speech?

Personally...I don't think you have anything to worry about on that count. You may set aside your apprehension insofar as that case is concerned.
I know alot of you CD posters on this forum have a great deal of knowledge about politics, either through poli sci, or employment in state/local gov. At any rate, it's much, much more than I possess, so....
I looked it up, read through overturns, upholds, reversals and reform, and I still don't fully understand Citizens United. Could somebody explain it to me please, like I'm a four year old???

3,072 posts, read 1,299,703 times
This could be interesting still as I see no way Manchin is a yes if Murkowski and Flake both go no. If only one strays he probably will go yes but I can’t see him willing to push this to 50

18,426 posts, read 8,258,982 times
...and Trump's approval rating just keeps going up

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't hate the FBI at all. They were ham-strung by the liar-in-chief who did NOT let them do an urestrained investigation and only allowed them to question 4 people. There are articles by people who lived with Bret Kavanaugh for years, who contacted the FBI, but who the WH did not allow to be questioned.

Trump is a liar and this 'investigation' was a total sham--that is quite clear.

In any event, I do hope they go ahead and confirm this lying, biased conspiracy theorist. It will be the best thing for the Dems. The blue wave will be pretty much guaranteed, and once the Dems get the House, Trump will discover what Obama's life was like with a hostile House and many angry voters. Not fun. He'll probably freak out as we know he does not handle pressure well and has massive tantrums when he does not get his own way.

They should confirm Kavanaugh, watch the volcanic electorate reaction, and then let's get on with the midterms!
The scope was limited to the allegations about sexual assault, not that he chugged a beer in high school.

Nothing sham about it, not a single witness corroborated the claims of any accuser. Not sure what more you want them to do about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies