Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 04:10 PM

1,487 posts, read 782,001 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No. He sounded like a two year old bratty boy having a massive meltdown on national television.

I think if your family was intruded upon and interrogated, if everyone you knew was being watched and recorded, if you felt like you were in an episode of "Twilight Zone" if your whole life was turned upside down for something which may or may not✔ have happened thirty, 30, THREE DECADES ago, I think your feathers might become somewhat ruffled. I know mine would.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:11 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't hate the FBI at all. They were ham-strung by the liar-in-chief who did NOT let them do an urestrained investigation and only allowed them to question 4 people. There are articles by people who lived with Bret Kavanaugh for years, who contacted the FBI, but who the WH did not allow to be questioned.

Trump is a liar and this 'investigation' was a total sham--that is quite clear.

In any event, I do hope they go ahead and confirm this lying, biased conspiracy theorist. It will be the best thing for the Dems. The blue wave will be pretty much guaranteed, and once the Dems get the House, Trump will discover what Obama's life was like with a hostile House and many angry voters. Not fun. He'll probably freak out as we know he does not handle pressure well and has massive tantrums when he does not get his own way.

They should confirm Kavanaugh, watch the volcanic electorate reaction, and then let's get on with the midterms!
I read on NPR that 9 people were interviewed.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/04/65434...-and-who-didnt

Additionally, it was the SJC itself which set the limits on the FBI, not the WH.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pre...iary-committee

Old 10-04-2018, 04:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No. He sounded like a two year old bratty boy having a massive meltdown on national television.

I think if your family was intruded upon and interrogated, if everyone you knew was being watched and recorded, if you felt like you were in an episode of "Twilight Zone" if your whole life was turned upside down for something which may or may not✔ have happened thirty, 30, THREE DECADES ago, I think your feathers might become somewhat ruffled. I know mine would.
As retired Justice Stevens said, Kavanaugh should not be confirmed, he demonstrated he does not have the temperament.

Quote:
Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens said on Thursday that he did not believe Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh should be confirmed, citing his "performance in the hearings" before the Senate Judiciary Committee last week.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-pa...supreme-court/

Old 10-04-2018, 04:13 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,300,931 times
I’m intrigued to see what happens once the Democrats get that house majority. It’s still entirely possible Kavanaugh is impeached if their inevitable investigation finds something

Old 10-04-2018, 04:15 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
They didn't question Ford or Kavanaugh. That would be like the police not interrogating a murder suspect, wouldn't it?
No, this wasn't a criminal investigation. The FBI has no jurisdiction over local/state crimes, which the allegations assert. The accusers need to file local police reports for a criminal investigation to proceed. So far, and conspicuously, they have refused to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I read on NPR that 9 people were interviewed.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/04/65434...-and-who-didnt

Additionally, it was the SJC itself which set the limits on the FBI, not the WH.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pre...iary-committee
In other words, the GOP intentionally hobbled the FBI investigation into this.

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
They didn't question Ford or Kavanaugh. That would be like the police not interrogating a murder suspect, wouldn't it?
They already gave their testimony. Is there something more the FBI was suppose to get out of them?

And since this was not a criminal investigation, then no, it would not be like not interviewing a murder suspect.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:16 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Let me see, it took years and years to investigate one incident (Bengahzi) that happened not too long ago.

It took less than four days to investigate two incidents that happened decades ago.

You look at the math, it doesn't add up.

And when things don't add up, it's usually good news for the Republicans.
Let's See.

You equate......
  • Americans getting killed due to inaction by the Democrat Secretary of State in a unnecessary "War of Choice" started by those same war mongering Democrat politicians.
  • A slag's baseless accusations of being felt up where she has no proof, everyone saying it's not so, and being coached to take a lie detector test.
Now you know why nobody listens to the Left anymore.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, this wasn't a criminal investigation. The FBI has no jurisdiction over local/state crimes, which the Allegations assert.
They were supposed to investigate the allegations. Wouldn't that include interviewing both Ford and Kavanaugh. The GOP did not want Kavanaugh interviewed because they knew he would lie to the FBI, hence a felony.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:18 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
Quote:
As retired Justice Stevens said, Kavanaugh should not be confirmed, he demonstrated he does not have the temperament.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-pa...supreme-court/
It was so nice to go this long without anyone saying rude comments about retired Justice John Paul Stevens. He is now nearly 100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies