Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 09:50 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times

Advertisements

[Kavanaugh in his living room, in his favorite stuffed chair, facing a camera]

HONEY GET ME ANOTHER BEER -- WHAT? -- I NEED ONE RIGHT NOW. HEY, LOOK HERE PEOPLE. I'M SORRY I GOT SO PI**ED OFF.
GIMME A BREAK ALREADY. WHAT'S THIS CRAP ASKING IF I DRINK? I LIKE BEER. YOU LIKE BEER?
OKAY, OKAY -- JEEZUS, I AM SO PI**ED ABOUT ALL THIS CRAP. MAKES ME WANNA PUNCH THE NEXT DEMOCRAT I SEE.

JUST PUT ME ON THE DAMN COURT ALREADY, HUH?

[POUNDING TABLE] HONEY, WHERE'S MY DAMN BEER? JEEZUS...

Old 10-04-2018, 09:51 PM

736 posts, read 353,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
The sad fact is that you anti Kavanaugh snowflakes won't believe the truth now that it has hit you in the face

SIX deep FBI background checks (one while right out of college) spanning over 40 years of exemplary service to our country HAVE TURNED UP NOTHING NADA, ZIP,ZILCH!!!!!!!

Get over it!
The purpose of the hearings and FBI investigation was to convince republican senators, like Flake and other similar senators, to vote for Kavanaugh.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:54 PM

736 posts, read 353,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How does his calendar corroborate her story again? Was it that July 1st date they kept talking about? The only party listed with P.J., Judge, and Kavanaugh mentioned in his calendar? The calendar also mentioned Squi was there, and she testified that she dated Squi for a few months before this supposed event and he was the person that she had as a common friend with Kavanaugh and Judge, so it’s unlikely she would forget he was there. Yet she said she didn’t know or forgot who the fourth boy at the party was. Also, they went to football practice first from 6:00 to 8:00 pm, and she testified it was early evening, a pre-gathering before a party and that Kavanaugh and Judge were extremely inebriated. I don’t think that would fit with her description.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/john-...with-kavanaugh
You are right. That calendar doens't corroborate her story. The only way Ford can corroborate her accusation is through eyewitnesses at the party or physical evidence, which she has none.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:03 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
[Kavanaugh in his living room, in his favorite stuffed chair, facing a camera]

HONEY GET ME ANOTHER BEER -- WHAT? -- I NEED ONE RIGHT NOW. HEY, LOOK HERE PEOPLE. I'M SORRY I GOT SO PI**ED OFF.
GIMME A BREAK ALREADY. WHAT'S THIS CRAP ASKING IF I DRINK? I LIKE BEER. YOU LIKE BEER?
OKAY, OKAY -- JEEZUS, I AM SO PI**ED ABOUT ALL THIS CRAP. MAKES ME WANNA PUNCH THE NEXT DEMOCRAT I SEE.

JUST PUT ME ON THE DAMN COURT ALREADY, HUH?

[POUNDING TABLE] HONEY, WHERE'S MY DAMN BEER? JEEZUS...
Awwwwww

Old 10-04-2018, 10:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Default Kavanaugh will be confirmed, but what should disqualify him is not the alleged sexual assault

Look, he probably did it and was too drunk to remember. That's how it comes to pass that both of these characters really believe they tell the truth.

But I'm fair enough to say that you can't condemn someone on 35 year-old heresay. If the FBI can't turn up some better evidence, then let the guy proceed in his nomination process. I don't see a reason to stop him over this. And both sides play politics and hypocrisy on judicial nominees to the hilt. That's well known.

But the real problem is not any of that; it's his tone in his last speech before the Senate. Even if he feels it's a partisan attack on him (which it is), he's supposed to be above the fray. He's not supposed to be a politician. That was such an emotional, surly, partisan attack by him on Democrats that I frankly can't see him considering fairly any kind of a non-Republican argument or bill from that somehow floats its way up to the Court for consideration. He violated every basic standard of a judge in that embarrassing speech. It was everything a Supreme Court judge shouldn't do, and it should disqualify any nominee. He should have left the insults and emotional counter-attacks to his political surrogates in Congress.

So he will likely be a partisan judge who shouldn't be there, but it matters little in the end. He will become the next Supreme Court Justice; writing had been on the wall. And if he didn't, then some other conservative judge would make his or her way into the seat. Senate is likely to stay Republican even after midterms. Elections have consequences.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:08 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I do know an act when I see one, she tried hard but in the end she came off as a dishonest old hag looking for a dollar and trying to cement her name in history.
Your attitude is exactly why women don’t come forward.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Just when I thought a liberal, allegedly the champion of the little guy, was going to call out Kavanaugh for his record on the Patriot Act. Instead, I get more emotional discharge.

*sigh*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD7qzH4ob3Y

Old 10-04-2018, 10:11 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, he probably did it and was too drunk to remember.
Or he probably didn't do it and she was too drunk to remember.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:12 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, he probably did it and was too drunk to remember. That's how it comes to pass that both of these characters really believe they tell the truth.

But I'm fair enough to say that you can't condemn someone on 35 year-old heresay. If the FBI can't turn up some better evidence, then let the guy proceed in his nomination process. I don't see a reason to stop him over this. And both sides play politics and hypocrisy on judicial nominees to the hilt. That's well known.

But the real problem is not any of that; it's his tone in his last speech before the Senate. Even if he feels it's a partisan attack on him (which it is), he's supposed to be above the fray. He's not supposed to be a politician. That was such an emotional, surly, partisan attack by him on Democrats that I frankly can't see him considering fairly any kind of a non-Republican argument or bill from that somehow floats its way up to the Court for consideration. He violated every basic standard of a judge in that embarrassing speech. It was everything a Supreme Court judge shouldn't do, and it should disqualify any nominee. He should have left the insults and emotional counter-attacks to his political surrogates in Congress.

So he will likely be a partisan judge who shouldn't be there, but it matters little in the end. He will become the next Supreme Court Justice; writing had been on the wall. And if he didn't, then some other conservative judge would make his or her way into the seat. Senate is likely to stay Republican even after midterms. Elections have consequences.
He will be confirmed, if delusional people hate him that much you can impeach him.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:12 PM

669 posts, read 321,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Your attitude is exactly why women don’t come forward.
The problem is, if you're changing your story to accuse someone else who wasn't there, gets you that type of response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies