Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 02:25 AM

21,395 posts, read 10,446,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I rather not because honestly you and I don't have the time. These 300 rulings were before hard proof existed of a bias that was a potential issue during his federal judge conformation under the Bush admin. So I tend to lean that it does. Plus the fact it opens to dangerous territory where the SCOTUS could be undermined due to a lack of recusal in any case involving the liberal groups he said were after him due to some Clinton based conspiracy theory. Anyone with half of a brain and don't have a conservative bias can see that.
Honestly I don’t care if he’s got a conservative bias. I actually think he was the most moderate choice Trump could pick. He was the most likely to be a swing vote like Kennedy, who he clerked for out of law school. Kennedy retired now so Trump would nominate Kavanaugh because he felt he was going to be a good jurist. I really don’t think he’ll overturn Roe v. Wade because to do so would be to set aside a whole host of privacy issues (what the case was actually about). He believes in precedent. And now we know for sure he’ll be a lot more sympathetic to people before the court after his experience.

You might as well get used to it, because he will most likely be confirmed. And it’s going to be okay.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:27 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Honestly I don’t care if he’s got a conservative bias. I actually think he was the most moderate choice Trump could pick. He was the most likely to be a swing vote like Kennedy, who he clerked for out of law school. Kennedy retired now so Trump would nominate Kavanaugh because he felt he was going to be a good jurist. I really don’t think he’ll overturn Roe v. Wade because to do so would be to set aside a whole host of privacy issues (what the case was actually about). He believes in precedent. And now we know for sure he’ll be a lot more sympathetic to people before the court after his experience.

You might as well get used to it, because he will most likely be confirmed. And it’s going to be okay.
Oh please. Trump had no opinion. It what was handed to him,

Old 10-05-2018, 02:30 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,016,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Here's the Bottom Line ......
The entire Premise of "Guilty until Proven Innocent" just didn't play well with Normal People.
This this THIS.

Add to that the left's assertion that BK's demeanor during testimony was so belligerent that he is unfit to be a SCJ.

Reasonable people call BS on that. Keep twisting in the wind along with DiFi & her legion.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
This this THIS.

Add to that the left's assertion that BK's demeanor during testimony was so belligerent that he is unfit to be a SCJ.

Reasonable people call BS on that. Keep twisting in the wind along with DiFi & her legion.
He lied. Multiple times. Reasonable people call that unfit to serve.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:35 AM

4,317 posts, read 5,759,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Kavanaugh is a drunk and a liar. Plain and simple. Only a fool would believe otherwise.
Do you know him personally? Do you currently know him enough to say he is a drunk and a liar?

Quote:
Devils Triangle is not a drinking game
Boofing is not flatulation

He is a heavy drinker. It is obvious.

And he leis about it.

Quote:
If you believe that is the reason he mentions it in his year book then that is on you. Nine out of ten people would not have that interpretation. And if you were honest neither would you.
Both of your last comments, check out the country song by Tim McGraw "Back When"

Also they didn't have Urban Dictionary like we do today. Being a parent today, this is a valuable tool.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Do you know him personally? Do you currently know him enough to say he is a drunk and a liar?

Both of your last comments, check out the country song by Tim McGraw "Back When"

Also they didn't have Urban Dictionary like we do today. Being a parent today, this is a valuable tool.
Are you saying I need to knwo him personally?

Trump trashed Ford without knowing her personally.

Are you holding me to higher standards then POTUS?

Please tell me.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:40 AM

15,453 posts, read 10,369,577 times
https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-...ent-1538715152

well well well. "A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh". "Leland Keyser, who Dr. Ford has said was present at the gathering where she was allegedly assaulted in the 1980s, told investigators that Monica McLean, a retired Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and a friend of Dr. Ford’s, had urged her to clarify her statement"

Last edited by elan; 10-05-2018 at 03:00 AM..

Old 10-05-2018, 02:47 AM

22,871 posts, read 12,046,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Get over your fake outrage. Unless you’ve been through something like this then you have no idea what you’re talking about.
You do realize that almost all women, and many men for that matter, who had ever walked this planet had been victims of sexually violence, of one form or another, at least once in their lives. When you're chatting on internet forums, such as this one, yeah, chances are very good that the person you're speaking to has been a victim at one, or more, points in their life. We've.all.been.there.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:48 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,738,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

Roe V. Wade cannot be overturned unless a similar case is brought up through the federal courts so I don't put weight into that at all and I have been consistent on that in various posts about Kavanaugh that I replied to where it was mentioned in quoted text. Anyone knows this unless they are trying to drum up support for Dems or Reps.

As for it being "OK" that he is confirmed I'll agree to disagree because he has to show me he will be fair and not biased against liberal groups named in cases after his conspiracy theory filed red meat rant in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Based on that alone he shouldn't have been the Justice we see a vote on at all and just goes to show that Republicans are hypocrites when it comes to the Garland hearings that NEVER HAPPENED.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You do realize that almost all women, and many men for that matter, who had ever walked this planet had been victims of sexually violence, of one form or another, at least once in their lives. When you're chatting on internet forums, such as this one, yeah, chances are very good that the person you're speaking to has been a victim at one, or more, points in their life. We've.all.been.there.
Where do you get this nonsense? Links please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies