Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 09:27 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"BUT -- the main reason Democrats/liberals don't want Kavanaugh confirmed is they don't believe him to be impartial"

B.S Shumer and other dems came out as SOON AS Kav's name was announced that they would STOP his taking a seat on the Court NO MATTER WHAT, LONG before any "hearings were held.

Which makes this perjury charge against Kavanaugh, all that more ridiculous.

as if the dems pulled out all the stops to deny Kavanaugh's appointment, except for this..

Old 10-05-2018, 09:28 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"How on god's green earth does that make her a liar? "

SHE said UNDER OATH they WERE THERE and ALL DENY IT.
But, but it feels good to just take her word for it and demonize the man.
Hmmmm. This entire episode reminds of something in history. The Salem Witch hunts. Evidence was important then either.

2,102 posts, read 1,003,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You keep saying things that make me laugh but are oh so true and now I have to spread it around before I can rep you again.
Me too (no, not that one). But C-D believes in strict equality - Everybody Wins idealism.

I really wish they allowed Green UP and Red Down arrows for EVERY Post!

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Isn't there that one republican Senator who won't be there due to his daughter's wedding?

Maybe they will have the vote on Sunday?
I read this senator whose daughter is marrying on saturday said he had made arrangements to get there to vote "if they need him" to vote on Saturday.

we may have a dramatic helicopter ride by this senator being swept into the senate to cast his vote....a fitting finish to this saga if that happens.

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Kavanaugh is my favorite public figure other than Trump.
now you are just pushing people's buttons on the left.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You keep saying things that make me laugh but are oh so true and now I have to spread it around before I can rep you again.
Haha, same here! This whole thing is almost funny but not quite - so personally I think we need to make it funny so we don't burst into tears at what our country has become.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:30 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Which makes this perjury charge against Kavanaugh, all that more ridiculous.

as if the dems pulled out all the stops to deny Kavanaugh's appointment, except for this..
The evolution of this story.
Kavanaugh is a rapist
Kavanaugh is SCOTUS like
Kavanaugh lied under oath
Now we have posters saying it was a job interview. LMAO you just can't make this up.

The funny thing is I really didn't care if Kavanaugh was selected. I just dont want another Sotomayer. Now after what the dems pulled I would love to see them eat some crow.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Some perspective on all this
I lived through all the chaos, violence, and ugliness of the sixties, civil rights, Vietnam — and as painful and disruptive as those years were, there was also some good and needed changes to our country that came out of it all.

The same can happen with lessons we learn from all this. I think the midterms will hugely important in deciding
which direction we want our country headed in
I agree with you on this. I read something yesterday where a woman's husband went to change his party affiliation. When he walked in the lady behind the counter said that many are changing from democrat to either Independent or Republican. So it could be a bit of a sign of what is to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The Republicans look like even bigger fools for continuing on with their diatribe. The Republicans, just need to sit, back and relax. Kavanaugh is dishonest, but he probably will be confirmed. I have no problem with Kavanaugh serving on the Supreme Court.

No. haha! The democrats have done a fine job of this over the last couple of weeks.

As for your link, a little story. I was at a friends place, had 2 drinks. The next day her husband said I had a few shots and still drove home. He was 3 sheets to the wind as was she. I laughed along with another friend of ours. We both told them that I had 2 drinks and was perfectly fine to go home since the last drink I had was 2 hours before I left. My point is this: how can someone around him who is also drinking say he was intoxicated if they themselves could be also?

Old 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I can't believe they are going to vote AGAIN. Why why why why why???????? This is ridiculous.

Instead of making such ignorant Posts, why don't you LOOK UP SENATE PROCEDURES.

And people bloke you are ALLOWED to vote.

Heaven HELP US!

Old 10-05-2018, 09:32 AM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
With Murkowski a no vote this thing is far from decided unfortunately. The democrats tactics might prove successful yet. Then this circus will become standard operating procedure for SC nominations.
How can you blame democrats for Murkowski's vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies