Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 02:50 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Susan Collins can vote any way she likes just like everybody else. There's no 'has to' about it. That's why there's a vote.
She can justify it like that. That's up to her.
Everyone is this case has to find a way to justify their vote.
Has, as in go with her convictions. Do what is right.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:51 PM

18,720 posts, read 7,601,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I’m done with this country! I’m moving to BC (Canada) as soon as I can!
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya....

The more people who oppose a great judge like Kavanaugh, who leave the country, the better the country gets.

Got any like-minded friends you can persuade to leave with you?

Old 10-05-2018, 02:55 PM

15,525 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Remember this day when you get out and vote in November! There are crowd funds that are breaking records to vote these folks out!

Or in. Some folks like defending the rule of law, rather than mobs. Collins went through it step by step, there was no evidence to support Ford's accusations.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:56 PM

23,498 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Once again, Kavanaugh was not on trial. There was not a criminal stard of innocence vs. guilt. This was a job interview. Nevertheless, [b]he testified under oath, lied several times (he's not a legacy student at Yale, right?) and now he's being seated on the Supreme Court. Any other job candidate on planet Earth would be immediately eliminated from consideration just for lying. But Trump has poisoned the Republican party so thoroughly the bar can't be set any lower. Nothing disqualifies a candidate from being hired.
You seem to have the inside scoop, why not share ?

Please tell us when BK was told that his grandfather went to Yale in the 20's. Was he ever actually told before he'd made that comment? If you say yes then you would certainly be able to show whatever proof you have.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:58 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,691,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Tomorrow 10/6/2018 I expect the Senate to confirm Kavanaugh as the next Supreme Court judge.

The most obvious result will be the overturn of Roe v. Wade. So if you are a single woman be sure to take down Vinnie's plate.

The unions can expect challenges to collective bargaining laws to be decided in a companies favor. Right to work laws will spread as lawsuits challenge established labor laws. Equal pay for women will go into the trash heap.

Civil rights laws may be overturned or limited.

The ability of a same sex spouse to be covered under a health plan may be discontinued as gay marriage becomes unlawful.

Obamacare may be nullified by the court. Preexisting conditions will no longer be covered.

Overtime pay will go away if the Fair Labor Standards Act comes under judicial review.

While religious right will be calling some of the shots, you can follow the money for the rest.

Wow. IS this really what liberals believe? This is nothing but ridiculous drama.

Roe will not be overturned or even challenged.
Cilvil rights laws overturned????? Are you nuts? Seriously?
Overtime pay abolished? Never. Is this a troll post??
Equal pay for women is building and will continue to do so.

Unions may be challenged, but that has been a long time coming.
If Obamacare hasn't been replaced by now, it's not going to be. Pre-existing conditions coverage might be challenged, but I personally hope not.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:00 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,619,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Remember this day when you get out and vote in November! There are crowd funds that are breaking records to vote these folks out!
The GOP and Manchin just gave a big middle finger to women in this country.

Remember this day ladies.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:01 PM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I haven't seen anyone say it in this particular thread, but there was another thread about a week or so ago where a poster stated that some falsely accused men were okay because it made up for all of those who weren't believed. Unfortunately, even though I replied to that person, I can't find it in my archives. I'll look more closely a little later as it may have happened further back than I thought, but yes, someone on this forum actually said that.

Edit: Nevermind, just found it: //www.city-data.com/forum/52919482-post96.html
that quote is so stupid it hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I’m done with this country! I’m moving to BC (Canada) as soon as I can!
buh-bye!

Old 10-05-2018, 03:04 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
The most obvious result will be the overturn of Roe v. Wade. So if you are a single woman be sure to take down Vinnie's plate.
It won't happen. All the abortion talk is only "stuff" to get the evangelical vote. There is no intent to actually change it.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:05 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Or in. Some folks like defending the rule of law, rather than mobs. Collins went through it step by step, there was no evidence to support Ford's accusations.

Not just lack of any evidence, but also the fearmongering Ive heard from Liberals the past weeks. e.g Women will die, children will be able to carry assault weapons legally, slavery will be re-instituted, etc. I mean seriously! Lol what a joke! smh

Old 10-05-2018, 03:06 PM

1,705 posts, read 537,905 times
Anybody wanna guess in a week or two that evidence is leaked that Kavanaugh actually did do some of these things.

Republicans will then have defend why they hired somebody not qualified, when everybody was screaming about it.

Yeah.. a lying Supreme Court justice... what a great day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies