Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 04:12 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times

Advertisements

Blasey is going to be very busy spending her $547,646 money in Go Fund Me.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:17 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I don't know if you listened to Senator Collin's speech today ..... but she laid out his Judicial Record and the discussions she had with him about his cases ...... 3 hours of discussions about CASES.
I'm sure transcripts are available ..... and it's worth reading if you didn't hear it.

You are correct -- there is a reason that they went after the "gang rape, ice throwing, drinking beer in college", "sexual assault" ........ They could NOT go after his 12 years on the 4th Circuit Court OR his 307 Opinions on that court ...... his record was good, he has been an excellent and FAIR Judge.

They had to go the Character Assassination with totally unsubstantiated/uncollaborated allegations of heinous acts ...... That NEVER happened.

What I did NOT know and Collins told us, the left is "but hurt" because of Garland and whe NOW know Garland and Kav AGREED on rulings over 97& of the time.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
That is a conservative malady that the democrats are immune to...........democrats would load the court with as far left liberals as they could...and tell you to stick it if you don't like it

"democrats would load the court with as far left liberals as they could."

Just like when FDR tried and eventually DID so because of his long tenure as president

Old 10-06-2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I agree with this. A number of women posting on here had a partisan induced need to portray women as untrustworthy liars to the point of posting ridiculous fake stats and defending absolutely every GOP word, no matter how stupid. Anyway, why do you think they won't vote this year? People get lazy. No one really believed an egotistical reality star with little class and a highly questionable degree of intelligence was going to be elected. I understand the reasoning behind it, if it were a decent non politician candidate, I would have voted that way as well, but whatever spell he cast on people doesn't work on me. The people I know who regret their vote for him are all independents and they will be voting against his party. The true Rs are dug in.

The marches started after the election, it seems unlikely they would miss the opportunity to vote against his party. They will probably have parties and such. I don't have any more real faith in Dems than Repubs but at least there would be some balance of power and Dems are forced to care about "the little people" issues in order to keep votes. Hopefully, that will prevent too much damage from being done. Those we are paying a small fortune (salary+all their benefits) to represent us don't do anything but support monied interests, blind partisanship helps enable this.

I live in a blue state but purple county and see a lot of angry women who are defienitly going to vote. Trump's mocking did not help the Rs with women who are not comepletly partisan blind. Don't even tell me he wasn't mocking, just "repeating what she said." WTF do you people think mocking is? Partisan insanity has reached new levels of absurd. It's one thing to fairly question such old allegations and the Dems manipulative timing. It's another to try to constantly portray men as the victims of manipulative, lying women. All this worry for their sons. What about their daughters, otherwise known as those lying ******* looking to take every successful man down, or it would seem by their terror for their sons.

"
Originally Posted by Ponderosa
Most of the posters on here are older, right wing kooks -" "I agree with this"

One day the dems will LEARN they get NO WHERE by calling people from the opposing party names, like kooks, deplorables un-educated, etc.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Blasey is going to be very busy spending her $547,646 money in Go Fund Me.

Probably pitence to her.

She is ALREADY VERY WEALTHY.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:55 AM

9,447 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Once again, as I mentioned in a post before Senator Collins' speech, to a number of Democrat Senators this wasn't a job interview....as many opposed Kavanaugh's nomination right when announced, including at least four of the ten Democrat Judiciary Committee members (Blumenthal, Harris, Booker, and Hirono). Those tasked with hiring in the private sector aren't going to bother interviewing someone who has a zero chance of being hired. The remainder had all already announced their opposition before the day that Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford testified rolled around. Blumenthal submitted 100 written questions to Kavanaugh. Why? (He had already made up his mind). Likely so he could demonstrate to his constituents, if need be, that he threw up as many roadblocks as possible.
Blumenthal....the one who lied about serving in Vietnam.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Probably pitence to her.

She is ALREADY VERY WEALTHY.

What is her net worth? I could not find anything...

Old 10-06-2018, 05:00 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
It is interesting that the criticisms of Sen Collins are lacking in specifics about her speech content. Just character attacks, slurs, even one misogynist - 'spineless old hag'. Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Unlike the radical militant leftist protesters (and several on this very board), she employed common sense in her opinions and decision and has a clue about how the legal process under our constitution works and should be applied. For that, leftists will forever hate her, almost as much as they hate Justice Kennedy for vacating his seat during Trump's term in office.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:03 AM

9,447 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Once again, as I mentioned in a post before Senator Collins' speech, to a number of Democrat Senators this wasn't a job interview....as many opposed Kavanaugh's nomination right when announced, including at least four of the ten Democrat Judiciary Committee members (Blumenthal, Harris, Booker, and Hirono). Those tasked with hiring in the private sector aren't going to bother interviewing someone who has a zero chance of being hired. The remainder had all already announced their opposition before the day that Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford testified rolled around. Blumenthal submitted 100 written questions to Kavanaugh. Why? (He had already made up his mind). Likely so he could demonstrate to his constituents, if need be, that he threw up as many roadblocks as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
She had her word, that's not nothing. It's not enough to convict in court or convince most he did it but it's not nothing. A woman's word is not nothing and this is part of the problem Republicans are going to be facing difficulties from non partisan women. Politicians need independents and they need women. These blanket portrayals of women as decietful and men as victims are not helping them.

So much worry for the sons out there, for those of you with daughters, they are listening and taking this all in. Girls and young women across the country have seen the president mock a women claiming to have been assaulted. You can tell them they can come to you with anything, but kids watch our actions not our words. Don't kid yourself that it could never happen to your daughter, because you think "she doesn't drink or put herself in dangerous situations." Wome are assaulted while sober with men they trust, and you might trust him as well. Rapists don't care about political affiliation. If she doesn't have "proof," and most victims don't if they knew the perpetrator. Unless they are also battered to show it really happened, she may never feel comfortable enough to tell anyone after seeing all this.
I'll tell you one thing, If you are raped, you go straight to the police. They will take you to the hospital and do a rape-kit. There's your proof. I am not so worried about women. Most sane women I know would 'do the right thing' in a true assault situation. It's the crazy-town chicks like Ford that you have to worry about, and thus, you should be just as worried about your men. Any accusation now is - apparently - reason for a wholesale rush to judgment.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
She’s a spineless old hag who sells her soul to the powers in her party. May she burn in hell.

Now, is that any way to talk about Hillary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies