Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 07:25 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times

Advertisements

i'm still confused as to what liberal dems are mad at. not even sure they know.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:26 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Judiciary Committee:

Dr Ford? Sit down, shut up.

Anita Hill? Sit down, shut up.

"We gave you girls the chance to say your piece and pretended to listen and then even launched a bogus FBI investigation that didn't bother to interview witnesses."

"We Pub guys are gonna cram through another sexual predator and paint HIM as the victim, sweet cheeks. Ain't nothin' you can do about it."

Except vote in 4 weeks.

Oh, people will come out in droves to vote in November, but it won't be for the reason you think... Your post shows you're in the 'presumed guilty' camp. Here's what those who are more educated know about what happens when 'presumed guilty' instead of 'presumed innocent until proven guilty' is a country's societal standard...

Such a country becomes a tyrannical fascist state. They can accuse you of anything with no evidence and/or corroboration whatsoever and declare you to be automatically guilty. Same thing happened to the Jews in Nazi Germany. We all know how that turned out. Same thing happened in Mao's China, which executed tens of millions. Same thing happened with Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge regime, which also executed millions. Same with Stalin's gulags and executions, which killed 30-40 million. Etc., etc. WHEN are Dems going to LEARN from history instead of stupidly and endlessly repeating it?

Quite frankly, I am stunned that Dems have eschewed 'presumed innocent until proven guilty' for 'presumed guilty.' It's pretty stupid to ignore how very badly that ends looking back at least through the past several hundred years of history. And they 'claim' to be 'more educated.'

Old 10-06-2018, 07:27 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Kavanaugh lied. For starters, he said he had no connection to Yale when he was a legacy student. He said the legal age to drink was 18 when it 21 by the time he turned 18. There are several instances where he lied.

Legacy students are the children of alumni, not the grandchildren. Kavanaugh's GRANDFATHER attended Yale. His father did not. Just to clarify.

He also didn't say that the legal age to drink was 18 when he turned 18. He said it was 18 when he was in high school - like mine was though it went up to 20 the year I turned 18. Then it went up to 21 the year I turned 20! Oh well. His point was that seniors could buy alcohol for parties for high schoolers so alcohol was common at high school parties.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:27 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Once he's in, you honestly expect him to be taken seriously? Any ruling on his end may as well be null and void.

Have you no idea of how the Supreme court works. Once he is seated his vote is the same as RNG or Kagan or Roberts or any of the other 8. It is never null and void though you might wish for it.

You might be surprised that sometimes he might be the swing vote.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:28 AM

13,717 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The dems got everything they wanted. They delayed the vote to hear Dr. Ford speak. They delayed the vote again so the FBI could investigate. Yet nothing seems to be enough. Its obvious that all of this was just a ploy to push this into 2019. Dr. Ford was a speed bump used only to slow the process down when it benefited the dems. Yes she was certainly a victim of abuse but not by Kavanaugh but by the Dems. If Feinstein and the dems really cared about the truth instead of using Dr. Ford as a ploy to stall confirmation it would have been been brought to the attention of the committee when they found out about it. It could have been kept private and investigated.

Democrat voters need to look at who is running their party and the endless wrong turns they keep making. You should demand more of your party instead of playing the blame game against the GOP.

My gut feeling as a non dem or GOP is this whole charade will energize the GOP voters and puts the dems chances in taking back congress in peril.

Right. The Rep. base is plenty pissed about what happened to Kav.

If they weren't "woke" before they certainly are now.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:29 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Kavanaugh lied. For starters, he said he had no connection to Yale when he was a legacy student. He said the legal age to drink was 18 when it 21 by the time he turned 18. There are several instances where he lied.
He was not a legacy student. His grandfather went, a parent has to go in order to be a legacy student at Yale.

Drinking age was 18 for those grandfathered in, he did not lie, still not understanding where you all get this lie thing from you keep repeating. Also, even if so, common sense says he is mistaken and no intent to lie as the drinking age is absurdly easy to verify. You all are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, of course ignoring his 30 years of legal work.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:30 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,003,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And what do they think of Susan Rice running against her?
If the Republicans have learned anything from this fiasco, it's that you can't play nice with the Democrats.

And Rice has lots of scandals that they can stick on her (Sticky Rice)

- her advice, as the Clinton National Security Council’s senior director for African Affairs, to refuse a Sudanese offer to turn Osama bin Laden over to the United States in 1996, five years before 9/11;

- her continuous attempts to weaken the US' support of Israel;

- her Sunday morning tour falsely blaming a video for the deadly terrorist attack in Benghazi to keep in line with The Great Divider's reelection narrative that he had the Junior Varsity terrorists on the run.

So, if Rice runs, I bet you will see the Republicans destroy her!

Old 10-06-2018, 07:31 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

And he was 17! Which is why he kept saying that 'seniors were eligible to drink' instead of saying he was. Just a little sleight of hand to fool ya. Worked!
It didn't fool me. When I was in high school the legal age to buy alcohol was 18 - till I turned 18 - that January it went up to age 20 (sucks to be me!). I knew exactly what he was talking about.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:35 AM

21,928 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
And McConnell certainly used "any means necessary" when he blocked Obama's nomination of Meritt Garland
He used 'any means necessary'? He smeared Merrick Garland's good name? Nope, didn't think so.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:41 AM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Right. The Rep. base is plenty pissed about what happened to Kav.

If they weren't "woke" before they certainly are now.

I am a libertarian and it takes a lot to shock me by all the games both parties play. But what the dems did was a new low. Never seen anything this horrible.

Only thing more surprising is this CNN headline:

President Donald Trump's winning streak

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/06/polit...omy/index.html

Donald Trump may have never had a better time being President.Only a re-election party on the night of November 3, 2020, could possibly offer the same vindication for America's most unconventional commander in chief as the 36 hours in which two foundational strands of his political career are combining in a sudden burst of history.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-06-2018 at 07:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies