Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 10:31 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Talk is cheap and Flake has been pretty much just talk for the last couple years. It would take one heck of a lie to bring him down. This is about power not qualifications and they will ram it through pretty much no matter what comes out.
Exactly. What is this big lie that the Democrats are inflamed about? A slang term for farting? This whole thing is a disgrace.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:32 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Senators Flake and Coons disagree with you. They said if Kavanaugh lied to the committee, it's all over for him. And Kavanaugh lied -- he lied a lot. He lied about how much he drank, he lied about what certain words in his yearbook said, among other things.

Even if all agree Dr. Ford's testimony is not confirmed due to lack of evidence, Kavanaugh can still be voted down for lying and for his belligerent behavior towards the committee. Trumps supporters seem to have a hard time grasping this new reality.
It's not over for him because of high school antics. If you are going to hold minors in high school accountable for high school antics that kids engaged in than 95% of us will have to go into hiding.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:32 AM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
The press is embarrassing, basically the Democrats lapdogs. “Will you give the FBI free reign to go after Kavanaugh?” Trump is handling them easily

Old 10-01-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Talk is cheap and Flake has been pretty much just talk for the last couple years. It would take one heck of a lie to bring him down. This is about power not qualifications and they will ram it through pretty much no matter what comes out.
It hasn't worked out well for Jeff Flake and his political career. He has become Mr. Flake goes to Washington. DC chewed him up and spit him out.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:34 AM

1,487 posts, read 781,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
What excuses for delaying the USSC vote will Dems come up with next, after the 1-week FBI investigation they demanded is finished?

The likelihood of the Dems (or even Jeff Flake) saying, "OK, we're satisfied, now we'd be happy to go ahead with the vote" is somewhere between "No" and "Hell No", despite the Republicans doing exactly what they asked.

So what excuse will they trot out next?

Some possibilities:

1.) Trump restricted the FBI investigation.
2.) Now we discovered that a week wasn't enough, which we had never guessed before despite asking for exactly that.
3.) We have more women ready to accuse him of something or other, after weeks of coaching by Democrats.

Any other guesses? We'll probably find out which excuse(s) the Democrats conjure up starting on Friday Oct. 5, or sooner.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...avanaugh-probe
My family voted Democratic their whole lives. My mom was Teamsters at one time, my dad was Master, Mates & Pilots union. I listened to the Senate hearings on Kavanaugh on the radio. I couldn't believe anybody would be on her side. Her fakey tears, clutching at her hankie, unfocused eyes, and choked up voice for effect, I don't care about party lines. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. The whole affair seemed like a pre-planned set-up to me. One after another the senators kept telling her she was brave, as she said in that emotion choked voice "Tthhhaank yyyoou" Oh, please!!! If that's womanhood, I'm not a woman. I would never subscribe to whatever she classifies herself as. Lindsey Graham got it right. It is an unethical sham, and she's not brave, she's a conniving weasel/hired gun.

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.
FDR

Last edited by AleeGee; 10-01-2018 at 11:03 AM..

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A person accuses a guy of attacking her 40 years ago at a place she can’t remember, a date she can’t remember, and everybody who she said was there said it didn’t happen. It’s astonishing that at least 30 percent of the population believes that on nothing more that “she must be believed!”
I think we are all saying that at the very least, we should assume she was actually molested.

Nobody knows who did it. Maybe he did. Maybe it was someone else and she was mistaken.

I'm amazed that so many people want to dismiss her and have no problems with him lying about how much he drank or his partisan commentary during the hearing.

Does anyone understand what is ACTUALLY desirable in a SCOTUS justice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
The press is embarrassing, basically the Democrats lapdogs. “Will you give the FBI free reign to go after Kavanaugh?” Trump is handling them easily
I don't know how many different ways he can say yes. Maybe hiring a sky writer.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:35 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I googled Mark Judges house and it seemed like it might fit.

But, my guess is the house belongs to the unnamed other boy and will thus never be identified.

This is based on my belief that this whole thing is a con by Christine Blasey Ford and so all details she has laid out are ones that cannot now or ever be either verified or refuted.

Cant add anything regarding your other questions.
It's a serious stretch to think that a woman would come forward with allegations like these and attract so much attention and wrath (and death threats) over a lie she fabricated. Especially someone who otherwise, by all accounts, very much valued her privacy.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:36 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I don't know how many different ways he can say yes. Maybe hiring a sky writer.
Why do they even ask? Trump is a liar. The people involved in the investigation say their hands are tied.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:36 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I wonder why repugs wouldn't let the prosecutor question Brett? Were they afraid of what she would ask?
Because the dems said it was o.k......

The dems did not want creepy old white men to talk to poor dr ford.....it might scare her some more....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies