Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 11:23 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times

Advertisements

For the love of this country vote red this November. Don’t reward these disgusting tactics and behavior we’re seeing out of the left. They have nothing positive to offer and are blinded by hatred. There is too much at stake, too much going right to hand it over now

Old 10-01-2018, 11:24 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Because you don't accuse women who say they've been molested of lying, unless you have direct evidence that they lied.

Nobody has direct evidence that she lied.

It's pretty damned heartless to accuse someone who may have been sexually assaulted or raped of LYING.

Come on.
so we are supposed to have oodles of sympathy and the capacity to suspend our disbelief for women who claim they've been assaulted, unless we have direct evidence.

yet the accused gets no such suspension of disbelief nor oodles of sympathy, no matter how illogical and full of holes the accuser's story is.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:30 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
I had to take a break from this Blasey-Ford stuff and have limited the news I take in for now...so I'm just hoping Judge K is treated fairly.

This article says Blasey-Ford had 54 sex partners before college. I personally think 100% that she is mentally ill and is delusional. I would agree she was a troubled young woman, sexually promiscious and is still troubled today.

BOMBSHELL: Blasey-Ford's HS Yearbooks Brag of Drunken Promiscuity, '54 Sex Partners Before College' - The Shad Olson Show

"One friend, (identified briefly on social media) alleges Blasey-Ford (Holton Arms, Class of 1984) suffered no memory loss whatsoever in describing and bragging about her sexual conquests and paramours, identifying 54 sexual partners between her junior year of high school and enrollment in college. The social media post (below) claims Blasey-Ford previously allegedly admitted to being an alcoholic in high school and regretted, “being so easy,” in high school. She is alleged to have told the best friend that she had 54 sexual partners between 11th grade and enrollment in college. The post also identified Blasey-Ford as a liberal activist with an obvious sensitivity to Supreme Court ideology, she writing on social media, “Scalia-types must be banned from law!”

Old 10-01-2018, 11:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
It's not over for him because of high school antics. If you are going to hold minors in high school accountable for high school antics that kids engaged in than 95% of us will have to go into hiding.
No. Just be truthful about it when asked. Don't lie under oath about it. Do what O'Rourke did. OWN IT.

Quote:
I think we are all saying that at the very least, we should assume she was actually molested.

Nobody knows who did it. Maybe he did. Maybe it was someone else and she was mistaken.

I'm amazed that so many people want to dismiss her and have no problems with him lying about how much he drank or his partisan commentary during the hearing.

Does anyone understand what is ACTUALLY desirable in a SCOTUS justice?
If you notice - since her testimony - Republicans really don't question HER statements at all. Instead, they re-direct it all back to the Democrats, blah blah blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Because the dems said it was o.k......

The dems did not want creepy old white men to talk to poor dr ford.....it might scare her some more....
The decision to hide behind a 'female assistant" was solely the decision of the Republicans. Because 21 years after Anita Hill - they still have not one woman on the judiciary and they didn't like the possible looks of that.

It actually was quite pathetic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I did watch it (and listen to it). And I checked the transcript. She said nothing after Dick Durbin. That pretty much left the last 3/4 or so of the hearing where she played no role.

A perusal of the transcript shows that the following Senators did not yield their time:

Graham
Cornyn
Lee
Crapo
Hatch (looks like he might have gotten time twice? Maybe someone else yielded more time to him?)
Tillis
Kennedy

Like I said, either Mitchell left the room entirely or simply became a spectator. I only had the audio feed for part of it. But, she stopped speaking, I assumed she left the hearing.
The female assistant was summarily dismissed when she started focusing on one particular date on the calendar. PLUS - they didn't want their golden boy questioned by an actual prosecutor. If so, how would Lindsay Graham have had the time to playact and turn the entire thing into a referendum on the Democrats?

Old 10-01-2018, 11:31 AM

29,497 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
It's a serious stretch to think that a woman would come forward with allegations like these and attract so much attention and wrath (and death threats) over a lie she fabricated. Especially someone who otherwise, by all accounts, very much valued her privacy.

Maybe it will help her to over come her PTSD, maybe the $900k will help, or the future book or movie deals which I'm sure will eventually come.

And I don't think a single poster here thinks that it is a lie, I'm sure we all agree , something happened, most likely a bunch of something's , just BK was not a part of it.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:33 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I had to take a break from this Blasey-Ford stuff and have limited the news I take in for now...so I'm just hoping Judge K is treated fairly.

This article says Blasey-Ford had 54 sex partners before college. I personally think 100% that she is mentally ill and is delusional. I would agree she was a troubled young woman, sexually promiscious and is still troubled today.

BOMBSHELL: Blasey-Ford's HS Yearbooks Brag of Drunken Promiscuity, '54 Sex Partners Before College' - The Shad Olson Show

"One friend, (identified briefly on social media) alleges Blasey-Ford (Holton Arms, Class of 1984) suffered no memory loss whatsoever in describing and bragging about her sexual conquests and paramours, identifying 54 sexual partners between her junior year of high school and enrollment in college. The social media post (below) claims Blasey-Ford previously allegedly admitted to being an alcoholic in high school and regretted, “being so easy,” in high school. She is alleged to have told the best friend that she had 54 sexual partners between 11th grade and enrollment in college. The post also identified Blasey-Ford as a liberal activist with an obvious sensitivity to Supreme Court ideology, she writing on social media, “Scalia-types must be banned from law!”
Shhhh....remember Ford is being babied and Kav is being smeared. You don't want to bring up how Ford is being smeared with lies.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:42 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
How about some evidence?
the poster was pretty clear.

Kavanaugh has shown the world not only is he hyper partisan and prone to conspiracy theories BUT Kavanaugh has also shown us he does not have the temperament, he cannot control himself.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

wow you are struggling badly mate. If that is the best you guys can make up, then she is clean as a whistle.

You see if you had anything real, you would post it, but this is all you got, some made up nonsense . thus you guys are reduced to extreme fringe sites and fan fiction.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:49 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
It's a serious stretch to think that a woman would come forward with allegations like these and attract so much attention and wrath (and death threats) over a lie she fabricated. Especially someone who otherwise, by all accounts, very much valued her privacy.
Not when people hype the importance of this nomination so much that they are willing to sacrifice themselves for it. History is full of martyrs.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
It's not over for him because of high school antics. If you are going to hold minors in high school accountable for high school antics that kids engaged in than 95% of us will have to go into hiding.
attempted rape or sexual assault are NOT "antics" .

you may as well call GBH just some kids horse playing. attempting to frame a sex crime as just antics tell us the lengths you are willing to go to just to "win".

You are clearly fine having someone who lacks the temperament and has a very questionable history just win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies