Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 11:29 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You are right. These allegations coming out are a blessing in disguise. Can you imagine if none of this would have happened, he would have sailed through the process and been approved. We would have had no idea that he was so biased and unable to control himself.

It is time for them to throw in the towel on this loser and find the next candidate.
Republicans and Trump won't do that though. It should be obvious by now that they have put all their eggs in the Kavanaugh basket.
Why?
Because Kavanaugh is the Republican key to total control of the nation, no matter which administration is in charge. More so with Trump as president.
They know they will be throttled in the coming midterms and the 2020 election will be a close call. With Kavanaugh in the SCOTUS, they have a lock on protection for decades to come.
All indictments, investigations, public revelations, etc. by the Democrats will be challenged legally, appealed endlessly and sent to the SCOTUS for final resolution.
SCOTUS will rule in Trump/Republican favor, every......single......time.

Kavanaugh was the last piece of the puzzle for Trump/Republicans to take control of the nation indefinitely.
He is the most important element in protecting DJ Trump and ensuring the Republican party still has all the power, even after the Dems. take control of congress.

11,011 posts, read 11,044,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Or they are political hacks. Thank you for pointing out my omission. Either way, not worth taking seriously. I will amend my original statement.
No, they're the types, these professors, who think everyone else is inferior to them and less intelligent so they think we would buy or frankly care what they have to say. Nope. We see right through them.

1,715 posts, read 2,841,566 times
Count me in in saying his bizarre opening rant should disqualify him from the court.

And with plenty of qualified right wingers, why does it only have to be Kavanaugh?

39,897 posts, read 26,578,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Unfortunately, they don't have a vote. Trust me, 3 million extra people couldn't get Hillary elected as President. Republicans have stuck their neck out for Kavanaugh. WE're in scorched earth mode. Outside of him standing in the middle of Manhattan and shooting someone ala Trump, he will have enough votes to be confirmed.

Recall people saying that Clarence Thomas shouldn't be an SC justice and look what happened.

Elections have consequences, my friend. We wouldn't be talking about Kavanaugh if the Dems were smart enough to outwit the Republicans last election. And here we are.

Voting matters.

Every
Single
Vote
Counts.
Including those of people that have been dead for the last decade...

Old 10-03-2018, 11:30 AM

21,991 posts, read 9,569,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Really? When did they disclose their political leanings? Please, if you have some inside information, share.

But this is the first time we've ever seen him under pressure of being interrogated. And he didn't handle it well.
Next the teachers' unions will come out against him. Why isn't there an eyeroll emoji when you need it?

Old 10-03-2018, 11:30 AM

46,370 posts, read 27,192,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I have no idea if Kavanaugh will make it to the court or not. If he likes beer as much as he says, his liver is not going to last another 20-30 years so why are both sides so crazy over this?

Such a silly argument....if he was such a drunk, he should not be living right now, yes?

And you should look into craft beer, many people love craft beer and only drink 1 or 2 nightly, well within the amount that can be had daily.....

Many people LOVE wine also, yet only dink a glass or 2 a night? Ask ruthie....she "fell a sleep" at the last SOTU....do you feel the same way about her?

Old 10-03-2018, 11:32 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,058,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
Count me in in saying his bizarre opening rant should disqualify him from the court.

And with plenty of qualified right wingers, why does it only have to be Kavanaugh?
Because he's a great judge with an impeccable record who is widely respected as one of the best. At this point if it's not Kavanaugh it's just someone else who the Democrats will attack, attempt to destroy and smear hoping that they can drag it out past Nov.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:32 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,985,565 times
Looks like Dr. Ford's friend is doubling down on her "I do not remember any such party and do not know Mr. Kavanuagh" statement. Fine, maybe she does not remember the exact party but she cannot even say that he looks familiar when looking back at his HS pictures??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

Keyser has been consistent in statements give to the Senate Committee by her attorney ahead of the FBI's interview on Saturday in which she reiterated what she had told the committee.
According to Walsh: 'Simply put, Ms Keyser does not know Mr Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party of gathering where he was present with, or without, Dr Ford.'
After Trump called for an FBI investigation Walsh submitted a second statement on his client's behalf in which he said, 'Ms Keyser has asked that I communicate to the Committee her willingness to cooperate fully with the FBI's supplemental investigation of Dr Christine Ford's allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh .'
He went onto reiterate: 'However, as my client has already made clear, she does not know Judge Kavanaugh and has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without Dr Ford.'

Old 10-03-2018, 11:33 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,044,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Really? When did they disclose their political leanings? Please, if you have some inside information, share.

But this is the first time we've ever seen him under pressure of being interrogated. And he didn't handle it well.
Someone has never had a background investigation. You are interrogated for those and it's an immense amount of pressure - so no, not the first time.

You and the Democrats keep trying to sell this temperament thing but I'm telling you now - it COMPLETE BS! He was understandably upset and if you can't understand why he was, you lack empathy, compassion, and basic human decency. But yeah, keep trying to peddle this weak ass argument. It's pretty much all the Democrats have left, right?

But I'm sure the left's good little soldiers will continue on this latest talking point. Out of curiosity, do they send them by email or just put them out in the media for y'all to latch onto them?

Old 10-03-2018, 11:34 AM

13,288 posts, read 8,488,520 times
The sheer fact that tax money went to entertain the democrats in this vile job interview.
Two years ago I saw the world flip upside down by the voters. It hasn't been the same since. The lies have become the new 'living my truths'.
No precinct or DA would have entertained Dr Fibbermaghee Ford. Yet our US Senate did. Not for vetting a great candidate. .no quite the contrary. It was used to assault a man's integrity..his knowledge.
My Dad was a gentlemen man. Fair and respecting. He had a few fly off the handle moments.. and each one of them were filled with his conviction of right and wrong. I respected him for that.. he like most have a limit. Bravo Brett! I sincerely give you credit for walking thru the cow paddy pasture tossed your way ..and coming out as the ranch handler. This situation made me 100% sure No Democrat will get my vote this November or any election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies