Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 06:49 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times

Advertisements

Of course not. He doesn't have a single hint of black in him. For all you know the DNA test is picking up minor traces, and there is no way to validate it. You can poll millions of people and nobody would think he's got a drop of black blood. I am white, and would not consider him to be black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 06:52 PM

24,621 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Of course not. He doesn't have a single hint of black in him. For all you know the DNA test is picking up minor traces, and there is no way to validate it. You can poll millions of people and nobody would think he's got a drop of black blood. I am white, and would not consider him to be black.
Does Caitlyn Jenner have a single hint of female DNA in him...

Due to the history of slavery, many whites do have drops of black blood in them and vice versa. How do you think some blacks become so light skinned?

Old 10-01-2018, 08:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Dumbass? She did more for the black community than other blacks do for the black community.

A white person who embraced, supported, and worked for the black community. Oh the horror.

Last time I checked, blacks are always complaining that not enough white people are understanding, accepting, and tolerant of black culture yet here were are chastising a white person who was.
What black person was complaining about whites being understanding, tolerant and accepting of “black culture?” I’ve never seen that before in all my 53 years. What kinda black folks are YOU hanging around? The ones I know don’t give a damn about non black acceptance.

Are you here for the sole purpose of putting a bigger black eye on black folks by making us look obsequious and servile to whites? Because these Conservatives are eating it up!

Old 10-01-2018, 08:57 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, actually you do.

You don’t get it, do you? The United States has changed...irreversibly. What was AINT no more. You don’t run the show unilaterally anymore. Get used to it.

This ain’t your daddy’s America.

If you can’t use it, then it’s pointless.

I can say I’m a billionaire. I can do so legally. I still can’t afford a Ferrari.

This is a restricted club. You’ve gotta be born into it to be a member. We don’t except converts.
Do you do a paper bag test or something? Break out a color chart? DO you have a spectrum that indicates when someone is not black? Is this even based on skin color? What exactly makes someone "black"?

Old 10-01-2018, 09:51 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes I consider him to be black. He's as black as Caitlyn Jenner is a woman.

Sorry, you don't get to mismatch social constructs because one is too bizarre than the other.

Pandora's box has been opened and this is what you get: white people who self-identify as black people and vice versa.

If he wants to put "black" on his census, job applications, college applications, etc. then he has 100% every right to do it.

As a black man, my community should be more than happy that white people are opening to embracing black culture. All we do is whine about the whites on the opposite spectrum (alternative right, extremists, conservatives, etc) who outright refuse to embrace anything about black culture.

Oh the irony that we blacks would be so offended by this when this is what we ask for (more whites to understand and relate to blacks) every single day
1. What are you talking about?

2. I have never met a "white person" who identifies as black and I bet very few people have come across one.

3. I won't touch that one.

4. I'm not black but my two cents is you should only speak for one black man.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Do you do a paper bag test or something? Break out a color chart? DO you have a spectrum that indicates when someone is not black? Is this even based on skin color? What exactly makes someone "black"?
Put it this way; black folks know who is and who isn’t black. We rarely if ever get surprised.

That’s all I should say on it. My people know who their people are.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:46 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Put it this way; black folks know who is and who isn’t black. We rarely if ever get surprised.

That’s all I should say on it. My people know who their people are.
Lol, so you do not want to answer...got you.

You cannot state what makes someone black.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:56 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
He's probably more black than Elizabeth Warren is Indian, and Warren qualified as an Indian for affirmative action purposes.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Will these DNA test expand or complicate how we view race?

Probably easier if he self identifies as a woman. Then he'll get all these gender based diversity benefits!

Old 10-02-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
This is true. And the standard has been self identification. (I currently identify as an Inuit)

Curious how the court will view it. In Canada the term is "Visible Minorities".
I'm sure even in that case, people will debate who "looks black" or "looks Hispanic" when someone is mixed race. I know people who are a quarter Asian or Middle Eastern and look completely white and white people with no non-white ancestors who look they could be Mexican or mixed with black or Asian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies