Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 08:07 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump is still winning. Soy boy Trudeau stood no chance.

Forces new deal out of Canadians & Mexicans.

Democrats and the crooked MSM said it couldn't be done.

Obama bent over constantly to both countries.

Workers of America love Trump. Trump is sailing to easy re-election in 2020.

#MAGA

So which part of the deal do you find to be the most advantageous to the US and the most hurtful to Canada and Mexico? And what do foresee to be the long term impacts of those agreements?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 08:11 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh look -- a comment based on thoughtful and reasonable analysis of the details of the trade deal.
And what did Trudeau walk away with that he didn't already have?

Old 10-01-2018, 08:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So which part of the deal do you find to be the most advantageous to the US and the most hurtful to Canada and Mexico? And what do foresee to be the long term impacts of those agreements?

Why would you think I'd want to hurt Mexicans or Canadians? I've got no ill will towards them. This is about what's good for the American worker, and Trump has forced concessions out of the disastrous Clinton NAFTA which is now gone.

The long term impacts of those agreements are what we are seeing now. More jobs for Americans. That's already happening.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:35 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
That was my expectation all along.

Trudeau caved

China is next

MAGA!

Old 10-01-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Why would you think I'd want to hurt Mexicans or Canadians? I've got no ill will towards them. This is about what's good for the American worker, and Trump has forced concessions out of the disastrous Clinton NAFTA which is now gone.

The long term impacts of those agreements are what we are seeing now. More jobs for Americans. That's already happening.

Nice try.

You can't have results happening right now before an agreement goes into effect.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:41 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Nice try.

You can't have results happening right now before an agreement goes into effect.
So if you had no interest in hearing my answer, then why did you ask? Remember you asked for my opinion.

And yes you can have results now. Business know what's happening and they are already acting on it. Trump is simply holding up his word.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
So if you had no interest in hearing my answer, then why did you ask? Remember you asked for my opinion.

And yes you can have results now. Business know what's happening and they are already acting on it. Trump is simply holding up his word.

You're answer made no sense.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:05 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Not enough information to understand.
The USA dairy industry is heavily subsidized by the government, the Canadian dairy industry is not subsidized. That suggests that USA prices are artificially low. Will those subsidies benefit Canadians, or will dairy products exported from the USA to Canada be unsubsidized and have the extra transport cost?
Canada gets to take advantage of the tax subsidized US dairy products. Thanks to your MAGA president.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Trump is man enough to stand face to face with any leader and call him or her out in their BS. Trudeau waited until Trump on a plane at 35,000 feet before he grew balls big enough to insult him behind his back. Trudeau is a *****. Trump ate him alive. Canda said they were walking and Trump said bye Felicia. They came back looking for a deal. the truth is that we don't need to trade with Canada as a way of survival. Canada needs the United States to survive.
Quote:
Absolutely true.

Of course the Democrats who hate America will say it's not true. They rather see Canada win over the American worker.
You two are so funny. You have no clue that your MAGAtronomous Leader doesn't get it. He either pretended to or actually hung his horse on threatening on auto imports. All the car companies told him he would crater the industry, Ford, GM, Chrysler etc. All of them.

There is nothing in this deal that is an issue for Canada. We didn't get as much as we wanted, but our drop dead issues are still in the deal.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:

Yes, that is why the American dollar dropped in relation to the Canadian one, the moment the details were available.

MAGA by hairy patutous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies