Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:07 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times

Advertisements

LOL! As I said in the other thread, Trumplings are being sucked into the globalist mindset, completely oblivious to the fact. Before you know it, they will be cheering on TPP if Trump happens to say he wants back in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 09:25 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
yay

Old 10-01-2018, 10:08 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why don't you list just how this 'new' deal specifically benefits the US and how it is specifically better than the 'old' deal instead of your usual blind faith 'Donny always wins' BS unsupported by anything factual?
Since nafta, we racked up more than 2 trillion in trade deficit, lost 4.1 billion manufacturing jobs, one in four automotive jobs plus. It was obvious factories shut down and business left, as did reciprocity.

The agreement will govern nearly 1.2 trillion in trade. Arranged to get blessings from bothe outgoing and incoming Mexico Presidents. Justin called Trump at 10 o clock last night. What's that tell ya? That's compromise, blinking if you will. If you're a Never-Trumper, you won't. Most advanced trade deal in the world with provisions on the "digital" economy, patents, financial services in other areas where US has a strong competitive advantage.

Mexico and Canada have agreed to "strong new labor protections", environmental protections, and new protections cor intellectual property.

It's a great deal for farmers, more deals in the works pending. Farmers and ranchers given "far vreater access" to sell in Mexico and Canada. Includes a substantial increase in farmers opportunities to "export American wheat, poultry, eggs and dairy (milk butter cheese yogurt and ice cream to name a few)", etc.

Measures will support many hundreds of thousands of American jobs.

Auto workers... Closing loopholes, enabling high wage workers which will reduce foreign outsourcing. We will manufacture more cars in the US. Companies will not leave and fire American workers. "Those days are over. It's a privilege for foreign countries to do business with us." - Trump

Need I go on? Is that what you wuz talkin about?

Here's wut the liberals and Trump h8rz claims were last night.. all you did wuz changed the name and call it yourz blah blah blah Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Trump: every trade deal is a loser. H8rz: waa! You're gonna screw it up waa! Trump: Wut U got 2 lose?

Drops mike, lights spleef, hands it to Obuma...

Add: the Wall? 1.6 billion yesterday, 1.6 billion today. Trump not happy with that, would rather do in one shot, still working on that. Trump said the US and Mexico are talking about drugs, a necessary conversation wrt this whole Make America Safe Again topic.

Because of your wonderful reporters, they are now talking about the FBI and Kavanaugh, so that's it on USMCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is good news.

I'm breathing a sigh of relief -- it shows me that no matter how much chaos Trump creates, there are folks around him getting it done.
Thank you. More important comment here than from us already Trump supporters. He gave much credit to all of the good people around him, in range, that did this, helped with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Most of it to China not Mexico.

China needs to be fixed but not in this ham fisted manner happening now. The Chinese 2025 plan for China is not subtle and we need to be ready for when "China does not need us any more". Supply chains need to be pushed out of China and diversified.
China is tough. We are at least pointed in the direction of progress. Trump cracked the door open, very complicated mess.

I still think China sinks without a strong America, but perhaps not for long.

Have you been to your local WalMart lately? If not, good on you. Shelves have been emptying and not refilling. Don't know exactly what's going on.

Could you imagine what would happen to China if we nailed all the Wal-Mart front doors shut? Idk, y'all tell me. I'm not a world economist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
NOPE Trump promised to get rid of NAFTA, and all he has done is change the dates and called it a win.

Mexico was laughing when they signed, according to the mexican media they will do much better out of "trumps NAFTA" than they ever did out of NAFTA.

I can't wait to hear the excuses from the right in 2020 and 2022 2024 when NAFTA 1.5 turns out to be worse than NAFTA 1.0.....
(of course they will blame Hillary or democrats )
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Just as expected.

Just cosmetic changes to NAFTA, changes the name and then Trump calls it a "tremendous victory, greatest deal of all time". And of course, Trump doesnt need to do anything else, because he knows his supporters will back him anyway and be fully on board whatever he does.

There ya go. Yous guys comments are so last night's twitter. Go out and get an original thought please.

Here's wut the liberals and Trump h8rz claims were last night.. all you did wuz changed the name and call it yourz blah blah blah Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
25 years of people ignoring the problem. Trump draws the line and yes, chaos ensues because people like to be complacent and lazy at the detriment to others. Trump steers through that to get things done. the problems with NAFTA weren't created by Trump. Before the deal was signed 25 years ago was problematic and Ross Perot told us so. Everything Perot said would happen in the time frame that it happened, happened.
Obama never attempted to fix the issues. Bush 43 would not go near it as it was the brain child of Bush 41. Clinton would not have thrown out one of her Husbands signature agreements that ultimately landed on his desk that he contributed clauses and side letters too and signed off on.
Nicely done. A good recap of the history here.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-01-2018 at 11:05 AM..

Old 10-01-2018, 10:13 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
LOL! As I said in the other thread, Trumplings are being sucked into the globalist mindset, completely oblivious to the fact. Before you know it, they will be cheering on TPP if Trump happens to say he wants back in it.
Trump is succeeding, and you are pissed. GOOD!

Old 10-01-2018, 10:15 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I'm picturing Schumer with saliva dripping from his fangs, "Curses! Foiled again!"

Old 10-01-2018, 10:25 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Since nafta, we racked up more than 2 trillion in trade deficit, lost 4.1 billion manufacturing jobs, one in four automotive jobs plus. It was obvious factories shut down and business left, as did reciprocity.

The agreement will govern nearly 1.2 trillion in trade. Arranged to get blessings from bothe outgoing and incoming Mexico Presidents. Justin called Trump at 10 o clock last night. What's that tell ya? That's compromise, blinking if you will. If you're a Never-Trumper, you won't. Most advanced trade deal in the world with provisions on the "digital" economy, patents, financial services in other areas where US has a strong competitive advantage.

Mexico and Canada have agreed to "strong new labor protections", environmental protections, and new protections cor intellectual property.

It's a great deal for farmers, more deals in the works pending. Farmers and ranchers given "far vreater access" to sell in Mexico and Canada. Includes a substantial increase in farmers opportunities to "export American wheat, poultry, eggs and dairy (milk butter cheese yogurt and ice cream to name a few)", etc.

Measures will support many hundreds of thousands of American jobs.

Auto workers... Closing loopholes, enabling high wage workers which will reduce foreign outsourcing. We will manufacture more cars in the US. Companies will not leave and fire American workers. "Those days are over. It's a privilege for foreign countries to do business with us." - Trump

Need I go on? Is that what you wuz talkin about?

Most of it to China not Mexico.

China needs to be fixed but not in this ham fisted manner happening now. The Chinese 2025 plan for China is not subtle and we need to be ready for when "China does not need us any more". Supply chains need to be pushed out of China and diversified.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:26 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You are being sucked into the globalist mindset, and you are denying it. GOOD!

Old 10-01-2018, 10:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
This is good news.

I'm breathing a sigh of relief -- it shows me that no matter how much chaos Trump creates, there are folks around him getting it done.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:43 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
While you and others go back and forth with the usual "winning" rhetoric, as if all you care to do is continue your pro-Trump spitting contest, I wonder if there are any Americans looking at this a little differently, better balanced for starters. Let me see if you can accept any of the following for example...

Trump made a big deal about promising to scrap NAFTA while he campaigned for office. "One of the worst deals ever" in typical Trump speak. Supporters got into a pitch about this too, not really understanding NAFTA much at all, but sounded bad! Like the ACA, needed to be gone.

What happened? Canada and Mexico got on the horn with Trump and argued to withdraw was NOT a good idea. NOT in anyone's interest, theirs or ours. Many within the Trump circle agreed, so Trump was pressured not to withdraw completely but simply negotiate new updated terms. As a result, Trump stepped away from another campaign promise and complied with better judgement. Trump supporters have no idea what the new terms really mean, but generally speaking they seem favorable for all concerned.

I'm no expert either, but doesn't seem like any real major change from the old NAFTA. Simply new and improved, for all concerned as the significant amount of trade will continue for all concerned. Of course for Trump to keep his followers believing he actually came through with his true campaign promise, the name will be changed from NAFTA to the USMCA. A source of some confusion and something of a joke to those in the know, but sounding more like a "win" for Trump, and of course that's the most important thing to Trump and his supporters.

Lots of other interesting details about the truth of all this, but all told we're all better off that Trump came to his senses, and if that's another Trump win, then okay. As long as we go forward rather than backward, I'm happy. Too bad the "wins" are not all that common or what we might think they are as compared to the "losses" that Trump supporters can't consider any more objectively.

And so we muddle along, for better AND worse...

Old 10-01-2018, 10:43 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Just as expected.

Just cosmetic changes to NAFTA, changes the name and then Trump calls it a "tremendous victory, greatest deal of all time". And of course, Trump doesnt need to do anything else, because he knows his supporters will back him anyway and be fully on board whatever he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies