Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 12:45 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,834,495 times

Advertisements

One of the scariest things about the current era in my opinion is the dehumanization of groups that typically support the Democratic Party or who hold liberal views in general. From the constant referring of all Democrats and liberals as "violent animals" and "thugs" to the constant angry slurs against atheists, secularists, non-white immigrants, Muslims, LGBT people, and anybody else who dares to challenge conservative Christianity and established cultural norms, something is very alarming when we get to the point in our society where the majority decides to scapegoat and make boogeymen out of minority groups. Furthermore, we've defined it as "the American way" to do so and we've defined "true Americans" as ONLY those who hold to WASP ideals.

While liberals may refer to Trump supporters as backwards, uneducated, racist, or even 'deplorable' I don't see the same kind of dehumanization of them that is currently so prevalent towards those on the left. And honestly, at this point I don't think 'deplorable' is inaccurate for people who want to dismantle the First Amendment to implement their own right-wing fascist regime. Fascism is fascism, even if it is cloaked in a flag and waving a Bible.

This is reminding me a lot of 1930s Germany, where another right-wing authoritarian world leader decided to exploit the majority's anger and rage towards groups considered "other" for political power. One of the reason he was so successful was the collective demonization and dehumanizing of those segments of the German population considered "other." And the fact that I've already seen so many people online calling for the government to start rounding up SJWs and others promoting a "PC agenda" underscores this fact.

Very dangerous times we are living in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 12:46 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,726,459 times
Start the list

-Neurotypical

-Brown eye

-Short hair

-White

Old 10-01-2018, 12:47 PM

-Male

-Christian[debatable]

-able-bodied

-American-born

Old 10-01-2018, 12:49 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,057,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The dehumanization of groups typically associated with liberalism
I couldn't agree more, liberals have made it a habit of dehumanizing groups of people in this country for decades.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,575,673 times
Quote:
One of the scariest things about the current era in my opinion is the dehumanization of groups that typically support the Democratic Party or who hold liberal views in general. From the constant referring of all Democrats and liberals as "violent animals" and "thugs" to the constant angry slurs against atheists, secularists, Muslims, LGBT people, and anybody else who dares to challenge conservative Christianity and established cultural norms, something is very alarming when we get to the point in our society where the majority decides to scapegoat and make boogeymen out of minority groups. Furthermore, we've defined it as "the American way" to do so and we've defined "true Americans" as ONLY those who hold to WASP ideals.

While liberals may refer to Trump supporters as backwards, uneducated, racist, or even 'deplorable' I don't see the same kind of dehumanization of them that is currently so prevalent towards those on the left. And honestly, at this point I don't think 'deplorable' is inaccurate for people who want to dismantle the First Amendment to implement their own right-wing fascist regime. Fascism is fascism, even if it is cloaked in a flag and waving a Bible.

This is reminding me a lot of 1930s Germany, where another right-wing authoritarian world leader decided to exploit the majority's anger and rage towards groups considered "other" for political power. One of the reason he was so successful was the collective demonization and dehumanizing of those segments of the German population considered "other." And the fact that I've already seen so many people online calling for the government to start rounding up SJWs and others promoting a "PC agenda" underscores this fact.

Very dangerous times we are living in.
That was a calculated plan - many years ago of which Newt Gingrich painted anyone not a conservative as 'unamerican'. It's snowballed from there.

In case we wonder how we got here.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:50 PM

19,859 posts, read 12,147,585 times
Garbage in, garbage out.

Stop ingesting crap online. The sites you are seeking out are far, far fringe. 99.99+% of the country does not believe what you are, inexplicably, taking for fact.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:52 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,834,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That was a calculated plan - many years ago of which Newt Gingrich painted anyone not a conservative as 'unamerican'. It's snowballed from there.

In case we wonder how we got here.
I fully agree. This has been a situation that has been decades in the making. In my opinion it started with Jerry Falwell in the 1980s but it grew exponentially worse during the 90s and in the aftermath of 9/11.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,575,673 times
Quote:
I fully agree. This has been a situation that has been decades in the making. In my opinion it started with Jerry Falwell in the 1980s but it grew exponentially worse during the 90s and in the aftermath of 9/11.
Falwall and Newt were on the same page - absolutely.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:56 PM

-Fit

-Not vegetarian

-adult-aged

Come on everyone list the privilege list

Old 10-01-2018, 12:59 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,057,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luciano700 View Post
-fit

-not vegetarian

-adult-aged

come on everyone list the privilege list
lgbtqabcpdqat&t
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies