Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 08:58 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,278,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I live outside Baton Rouge, Louisiana and I literally know only THREE non-black people who don't like Trump and don't believe Christine Ford is lying through her teeth. Every other white, Hispanic, or Asian person I know in my social circle, among my friends, in my church and in my neighborhood and friends of friends from Facebook are Republican, even if some of them wish Trump could speak his mind in a more classy language. But we agree with his agenda and his beliefs such as stopping abortion and illegal immigration and building the wall and not giving amnesty to illegal aliens, and above all supporting American jobs (including rescinding the job killing regulations of the Obama EPA) and dismantling Obamacare. Except for the 3 white people mentioned above (who come from a single family), all of the people I've heard out outright hate Trump and Kavanaugh and whom support Colin Kaepernick are black.

Even my friends who are embarassed by Trump's sometimes crass language will still vote for him over a Democrat because the Democrats have moved so far to the left. The Democrats are the people who want open borders, who caused our health care premiums to skyrocket, who tried to destroy our jobs in oil and gas, who support the baby killers of Planned Parenthood, who want to take away our gun rights, and who disrespect Southern history and want to remove our Confederate monument to our heroes like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Trump won every single parish (county) in Louisiana where the black population is less than 40%. But even some of my black friends voted for Trump and support him, or are warming up to him, or tell me he's not as bad or racist as the media claims. The Gulf coast will benefit from the Keystone XL pipeline and from expanded offshore oil drilling and the plants are expanding quickly here in Baton Rouge and elsewhere in South Louisiana.

In this state, Democrats are mainly limited to the black population and to the hipster and yuppie contingent in New Orleans. NO is a liberal city but all the suburbs voted for Trump. My parish went to Trump by over 80% and Republicans have never won less than 75% of the vote here since the 1980s. I wish the liberal media would come to THIS slice of Trump country filled with educated middle class suburbanites and hard working blue collar folk who go to church on Sundays and believe in and respect America.

Louisiana used to have more working class white Democrats but they have mostly gone Republican as the Democrats have moved so far to the left (and gone into the global warming/overregulation business that hurts our economy and jobs.) The governor is only a Democrat because his opponent had a sex scandal and many Christian voters stayed home but Republicans have a veto proof majority in the state legislature.

Welcome to the real America. I wonder how long a snowflake will last without going insane.
I see your vision of America, and I say it is American.

It is also American to have healthy debate on what is good for this country.

We should not lie to each other to try to get what we want. We should not devalue each other even if we disagree.

I don't believe the government has a right to tell my family what to do when it comes to abortion, and that should be a Republican core value. My family does not believe that the government should have the authority to tell the women of my family what is best for our women when it comes to abortion. That decision is for my family alone, and it scares me that you so quickly would give up that freedom of choice, as if the government would make better decisions for the women in your family troubled with the issue.

My family has fought in every major war this country has had, and we are proud Americans.

Do you support the fact that he lies. That he is a clinical narcissist. That he evades taxes.

I know that he is the only choice you had against other policies that were contradictory to your beliefs but we definitely can find better champions for our issues.

He is the wrong person to champion your ideals and find the middle ground to unite and move this great country forward. His staff does not like working for him, he never sets them up for success regardless of the preparation they go through. I don't think good Americans should quit because they don't like working for him I think they should stay and help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 09:10 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Trump Holds Massive Rally in Tennessee - Real Americans Love Trump

Well this Real American(my passport confirms that) doesn't love Trump, I've never even liked the guy.

For 40 years I've thought him little but a loud-mouthed, lying con-man who is morally and ethically challenged and has little if any character. The hell with his politics, I have no respect for him as a man.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:11 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,573,853 times
Trump is a true American visionary. God bless President Trump.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:22 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

For 40 years I've thought him little but a loud-mouthed, lying con-man who is morally and ethically challenged and has little if any character. The hell with his politics, I have no respect for him as a man.
Yet you give a free pass to the Clintons. This speaks for itself. Talk is cheap.

Trump is filling venues across America. And when he does, the heads of the left explode.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:25 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
#TrumpsEgoBoost

Old 10-03-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
#TrumpsEgoBoost

Does this bother you somehow?

Old 10-03-2018, 09:35 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Shameful exhibition last night by Trump and many in the audience. How much lower can they all go? I fear it will get even worse.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Shameful exhibition last night by Trump and many in the audience. How much lower can they all go?

Nope.

They called out a liar. Nothing wrong with that. GOP grassroot fundraising is skyrocketing too.

These huge massive rallies by Trump show "real America" where to put their trust in government. hint: It's not the lying Democrats. And it's working too.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:55 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,278,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope.

They called out a liar. Nothing wrong with that. GOP grassroot fundraising is skyrocketing too.

These huge massive rallies by Trump show "real America" where to put their trust in government. hint: It's not the lying Democrats. And it's working too.

What about the following lies by Trump. He never retracts his statements by the way.

1. He quarrels about the death toll in Puerto Rico. Why? He says 16 and sticks to it. Trump tweeted that 3,000 people did not die in two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico and that the death toll estimate was "done by Democrats."

Why politicize that?

2. He tweeted this garbage.... "California wildfires are being magnified & made so much worse by the bad environmental laws which aren’t allowing massive amount of readily available water to be properly utilized. It is being diverted into the Pacific Ocean."

WHAT?

3. "U.S. Steel just announced that they are building six new steel mills."
— Donald Trump on Tuesday, July 31st, 2018 in rally in Tampa

Where?

4. A "horrible law" requires that children be separated from their parents "once they cross the Border into the U.S."
— Donald Trump on Monday, May 28th, 2018 in a tweet

It was his administrations policy. Where does the Buck stop?

5. "Only fools, or worse, are saying that our money losing Post Office makes money with Amazon. THEY LOSE A FORTUNE, and this will be changed."
— Donald Trump on Monday, April 2nd, 2018 in a tweet

Amazon has made the USPS MILLIONS

There are many many more examples.

Why support lies?

Old 10-03-2018, 10:28 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Yet you give a free pass to the Clintons. This speaks for itself. Talk is cheap.

No, I'm capable of understanding what this thread is about, you and your baseless allegation that "Real Americans Love Trump" And your blind, unquestioning defense of a man well documented to be a compulsive liar also speaks for itself. Talk is indeed cheap, if not completely worthless.

Quote:
Trump is filling venues across America. And when he does, the heads of the left explode.

Trump could fill every NFL stadium ten times a week and I'd still believe him to be a grifter, a con-man, a compulsive liar, and a man of poor character. And my head is very much intact, I certainly wouldn't let the rantings of an egomaniacal jackass change that. .

Last edited by burdell; 10-03-2018 at 10:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies