Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think REALLY happened in the Mandalay Bay shooting?
The deep state carried it out to promote their politics/hurt Trump/push gun control 18 16.36%
It was an Islamic terrorist attack but was covered up by the deep state to prevent "Islamophobia" and opposition to unvetted refugees 14 12.73%
It was completely staged by actors 3 2.73%
A single person with no military/police training, no motive, and no history of mental illness really did do this for no reason 44 40.00%
Other 31 28.18%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 07:31 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,135,824 times

Advertisements

A mental case with a lot of guns went into the Mandalay Bay Hotel, broke a window and started shooting, killing 58 and wounding hundreds.
Does everything have to be a conspiracy theory to you people? It must be painful to be that afraid all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 07:39 AM

1,874 posts, read 820,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
A mental case with a lot of guns went into the Mandalay Bay Hotel, broke a window and started shooting, killing 58 and wounding hundreds.
Does everything have to be a conspiracy theory to you people? It must be painful to be that afraid all the time.
why do you believe everything you are told? and what does believing a conspiracy theory have to do with being afraid?

Old 10-02-2018, 07:40 AM

20,890 posts, read 9,589,480 times
The fact that the OP even has to make up an excuse of "no military training" indicates just how bizarre his/her mindset is. Why does one need military training in order to shoot a large number of people? Why didn't all the other mass shooters need military training as well?

Same for "advanced weapons training." Who says the guy didn't go to shooting ranges to practice some stuff on his own, or even just go to the woods somewhere and practice shooting at trees? Is it absolutely necessary to have formal weapons training in order to operate the weapons that he did? Did it ever occur to the OP that maybe he just practiced stuff on his own?

When you're making up excuses like that in order to come up with a conspiracy theory, then all I can say is, you've got some psychological issues.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:42 AM

20,890 posts, read 9,589,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
why do you believe everything you are told?
Why do you disbelieve everything you are told?

Old 10-02-2018, 07:43 AM

1,081 posts, read 550,570 times
You missed one: Assassination attempt on the Saudi prince.

This one lays it out: https://www.usjournal.net/trending-t...ing-at-people/

Explored more here: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...ss_arrests_in/

(I have no opinion on this article or if Paddock just lost it. Not enough verified info.)

Old 10-02-2018, 07:59 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,909,127 times
There were multiple people saying he likely had mental issues. A doctor tried to get him to find out if he was bipolar years ago, but he refused. I'd say that is fairly compelling. That would explain why he could act fairly normal most of the time.

The guy spent a lot of time shooting and training in the desert, it doesnt take military training to become a good shot. I also dont think there is any evidence he was an amazing shot. He knew what he was doing, and it didnt require great accuracy.

The guys life seemed to take a dark turn starting around 2015. He lost a lot of money, starting taking medicated drugs for depression, started heavily drinking, started using prostitutes, and many of his friends said he started to be anti-social.

He seldom spoke of religion or politics.

I think he was a guy who was already mentally unbalanced and then he started to lose everything and slowly lost it and felt he had nothing left in this life.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:16 AM

29,594 posts, read 14,732,100 times
"Originally Posted by scarabchuck
I think there is more to it then we are being told. Hence the investigation hasn't been closed. I'm thinking he had help, they managed to escape and to not incite more fear, it is being kept quiet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

That's baloney. The liberals and deep state swampers have no problems ratcheting up fear for leverage when it suits their advantage.
Ok, let me rephrase it. To protect a certain group, if it was thought they helped plot it.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:17 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,312,015 times
I went with "Other" because I agreed that a single person did this, but I don't agree that he had no reason. I'm sure he had one.

I don't think anyone but him knows what it was, though.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:18 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,312,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
There were multiple people saying he likely had mental issues. A doctor tried to get him to find out if he was bipolar years ago, but he refused. I'd say that is fairly compelling. That would explain why he could act fairly normal most of the time.

The guy spent a lot of time shooting and training in the desert, it doesnt take military training to become a good shot. I also dont think there is any evidence he was an amazing shot. He knew what he was doing, and it didnt require great accuracy.

The guys life seemed to take a dark turn starting around 2015. He lost a lot of money, starting taking medicated drugs for depression, started heavily drinking, started using prostitutes, and many of his friends said he started to be anti-social.

He seldom spoke of religion or politics.

I think he was a guy who was already mentally unbalanced and then he started to lose everything and slowly lost it and felt he had nothing left in this life.
But, that makes entirely too much sense, Mattks.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:18 AM

29,594 posts, read 14,732,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
why do you believe everything you are told? and what does believing a conspiracy theory have to do with being afraid?

Exactly. Question everything, how else does one learn ? I've never taken anything at face value. I always research and then make my own decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies