Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 04:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Allen Turner, 26, of Leesburg tells WFTV that he used to charge customers several hundred dollars to make custom grills. His business came to a screeching halt when he was visited by a Leesburg police officer and an investigator from the state Department of Health, who informed him that what he was doing was illegal. Florida's definition of dentistry practices includes the "taking of an impression of the human tooth, teeth, or jaws directly or indirectly and by any means or method," and so the molds Turner made to create his grills were unlicensed dentistry. He was fined $1,000 and ordered to stop.
It doesn't end there. They've got this dangerous outlaw facing felony charges now.

Quote:
He stopped, as ordered, but it was already too late. In September, the state attorney's office charged him with one felony count of practicing dentistry without a license and one misdemeanor count of public nuisance, saying that he turned his home into a "dental laboratory."
And if convicted what does the State plan to do with this menace to society?

Quote:
From the felony charge alone, Turner faces up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
https://reason.com/blog/2018/10/09/f...se-arrest-fine

Two parties form a consensual agreement but that ain't good enough for Daddy government. I wonder how they found out about his nefarious activity? Probably spied on him via his iPhone or a drone.

Keep voting and paying those taxes my friends. You never know if you have an Allen Turner in your neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 04:36 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Maybe someone who bought a grill from him had a bad experience and became a whistle-blower.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:36 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It doesn't end there. They've got this dangerous outlaw facing felony charges now.

Two parties form a consensual agreement but that ain't good enough for Daddy government. I wonder how they found out about his nefarious activity? Probably spied on him via his iPhone or a drone.

Keep voting and paying those taxes my friends. You never know if you have an Allen Turner in your neighborhood.
My guess is he's gonna get a fine and a slap on the wrist this time. Next time when he doesn't learn his lesson, they'll slap him harder.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:37 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
My guess is he's gonna get a fine and a slap on the wrist this time. Next time when he doesn't learn his lesson, they'll slap him harder.
What's the lesson? "I'm a slave"?

Old 10-09-2018, 04:38 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
This is the hill you want to die on? The right for idiots to have dental jewelry?

The stuff you care about....

Old 10-09-2018, 04:38 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
I can see how some laws can be ridiculous and others make sense. Most regulations are written in blood.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:39 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Quote:

They probably just grilled him for hours.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:40 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:
What's the lesson? "I'm a slave"?
Not another I'm a slave to the evil government argument. Please leave this country. Go to Cambodia, it's really free over there. You can do mounds of heroine and die in a grass hut at your own free leisure.

law
lô/Submit
noun
the system of rules that a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:40 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
This is the hill you want to die on? The right for idiots to have dental jewelry?

The stuff you care about....
I was about to joke about it being grills for your mouth thinking he was making grills for cooking, then realized it was the former..

Old 10-09-2018, 04:44 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
What a waste of taxpayer money. The legislative branch of Florida state government should fix the law. What an absurd perverson of justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies