Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 11:26 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The thing is before they become outlaws they work their way up to that. They don't necessarily have to have a criminal record either. A rich boy can be it and have zero record because daddy knows who to pay off.

In regards to a Soy Boy basically the hallmark signs are:

- Excessively accommodating to Women to the point of being submissive
- Has a big sheepish obnoxious grin on his face all the time (bearing one's teeth excessively in nature is a sign of submission in primates)
- Is always positive and "upbeat" even when the situation calls for a more somber or pensive tone
- Is constantly checking his "masculine privilege" and doing incessant "temperature checks" for the Women in his life to make sure he's walking on egg shells and not offending them even in the slightest
- Has virtually zero masculinity, frame, conviction in ideals or confidence, constantly seeks approval from females on his lifestyle, hobbies and opinions etc. Therefore he is seen as a little brother. His penis and testicles do not exist to Women.
- Typically skinny fat, overly intellectual and possibly vegan (hence the term "Soy boy"). In general low Testosterone due to a poorly planned vegetarian or vegan diet (you can get testosterone from this diet but the threshold of competence is very high)

The Soy Boy if properly tested would typically reveal Testosterone levels at least 1/2 of what should be expected for a Male of that age. It is not so much the isoflavones from Soy more so than his psychology, diet and lifestyle that contributes to low T, passive and submissive nature and irritatingly "amiable" personality. His entire existence is designed to appease others.

Soy Boys are allergic to mechanical tasks, working with their hands, heavy weights, meat, the mineral iron as well as PIV sexual intercourse.

The opposite of the Soy Boy is Jake the Jerk, Tyrone the Thug, Chad the Biker, Juanito the Dealer, Zeke "The Greek", Tommy Two Toes, "Doggy Style" Darren, "Big Boss" Jim, "Bling Bling" Roberto, etc. Pretty much any guy with a "street" nickname.

LOL. Well thanks. Now I know. I don't personally fit either definition so I reckon I'm doing OK. (reaches for cowboy hat)

Old 10-06-2018, 11:34 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
I always lock the doors to my car and home to help prevent theft. If I left my doors unlocked I’m not asking to be robbed. However I am making it easier for thieves to rob me. Locking my doors also won’t prevent me from being robbed. One should take reasonable precautions to help prevent themselves from being a victim of a crime. Pointing out those reasonable precautions isn’t blaming the victim of the crime. It’s a lesson on steps one can take to help prevent the crime from taking place.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:38 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Yah.
Why do you think for so long there is a glaring absence of women on the Senate Judiciary Committee ?
Mens locker room if there ever was one.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:38 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I've been saying for a long time that high school girls should be offered self-defense classes as part of their gym requirement.
Most self defense tend too teach just enough too get hurt the attacker just enough too get away, meaning a woman MIGHT get a 3-4 min head start too get try and get away. That’s not really a lot of time depending on where The actually attack takes place.and i won’t even get into what might happen if said attacker likes pain and gets off on it.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:54 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
Yes, women can teach, but they are unfortunately not the sole influence in their sons’ lives. The sons are also influenced—maybe much more so—by men. Judging by many of the responses from men on here, that isn’t a good thing. Again, you are trying primarily to shift the focus of the blame to women.
I'm not shifting blame at all. I'm just saying that if women can yell and scream and protest and get into Senator's faces, then perhaps they can use that energy towards convictions of actual sex offenders before there's any talk of the statute of limitations or doubts about the timing of the accusation. Get the rape kit done. Don't throw your clothes in the trash. They will have DNA evidence on them. Bag them and hand them to the police. Get a $25 indoor camera from Amazon. If you're on a date, use your cell phone to record the date. Some cell phones have enough storage and power to record for hours. Tell two or three people where you're going and who you are going out with.

My wife and I met online. The first time we met, she met me with three of her friends. They knew my name, where I was from, and even took down my license plate number, make and model of my car, etc.

Also, there are many cases where revered upstanding men were raised by their mothers because the father/male was absent. This is prevalent in the African American community. Obama gave his mother and grandmother praise for raising him while his father was absent. I disagree that a woman can't teach a boy good manners and behaviors. A boy loves and respects his mother from the womb just as he would his father.

If a woman wants her son to respect women and a male role model is not available, I believe she can accomplish it as well as any man can. And if a boy respects his mother and/or sisters, chances are he will respect women. I'm a living example. My father physically fought my mother. He wasn't necessarily someone I wanted to ever follow after. Just because there's a male around doesn't mean he's teaching a boy the right things. Some fathers tell their sons to conquer and subdue women.

Quote:
There have been many threads addressing the reasons women haven’t/don’t speak out. I won’t rehash those. I agree it would be ideal if these things could be addressed in real time and that that needs to be facilitated.
I agree. And there are countless laws and programs to facilitate a woman speaking out when the assault happens. If we have resigned to the idea that women can take 50 years to hold something in, then there will be multitudes of women who will be victimized by the same assailant until someone is brave enough to speak out. There is a cause and effect. If a woman doesn't speak out, other women are at risk. If she does, then many women will be safe. Simple as that. I as a man can't help if I never know you've been assaulted. Your community can't help if you never speak up about being assaulted. Kavanaugh may have never been nominated or ever served on a bench if Ford spoke up decades ago. There are no mind readers here.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:23 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Yah.
Why do you think for so long there is a glaring absence of women on the Senate Judiciary Committee ?
Mens locker room if there ever was one.
Nothing wrong with separate men's and women's locker rooms. Stay in your lane, know your role .

Old 10-06-2018, 01:41 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Oh my goodness. Ridiculous.

Each woman should wear what she wants to wear, not what men want or think she should wear.
It is difficult for men not to view women as sex objects if they dress provocatively. Men are hardwired to be sexually aggressive towards women.

That's why I think it helps for women to dress more modestly, especially in professional or academic settings.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:47 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is difficult for men not to view women as sex objects if they dress provocatively. Men are hardwired to be sexually aggressive towards women.
What??

Old 10-06-2018, 02:04 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

That's why I think it helps for women to dress more modestly, especially in professional or academic settings.
Boys will be boys.

My DNA made me do it.

She was asking for it.

Women are merely sex objects for men's pleasure.

I have no self-control.

Same ole, same ole. Your statement makes men sound weak and pathetic. Neither of which I believe. Each person is responsible for what he or she does with his/her "feelings." If we all acted on the feelings we had, it would be a world not many want to live in.

Old 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Default Define "duty"

It is common sense that everyone should do what they can to avoid dangerous situations. But that does not mean victims ever deserve to be victims of crime. This is why every case must be decided on an individual basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies