Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 03:11 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Women need to check their perceptions.

If a man sneezes and accidentally touches you because he lifts his arm to cover his face quickly?

NOT #metoo.

And that is the real issue. Women need to realize not every interaction as a threat.
I thought only men stupidly believed this?

Old 10-04-2018, 03:12 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I'm a 65-year-old woman who was at least fairly attractive (although certainly not gorgeous) for most of my adult life. However, I wasn't sexually harassed even one time in all my working career.* (I didn't consider being complimented on a new dress or being respectfully asked for a date as being harassed.)

I just think it is a SHAME that some men now feel that they have to walk on eggshells around their female co-workers, and even at my age, I think I would miss the (admittedly rare) times my male coworkers have said something as inoffensive as "You look very nice today."

*However, I always dressed and behaved in a very conservative manner, meaning that I never dressed or behaved in a "sexy" way, so that possibly discouraged the "wolves".

Last edited by katharsis; 10-04-2018 at 04:25 PM..

Old 10-04-2018, 03:14 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The most ironic thing about this thread is "silent backlash."

Silent? Lol. Right. Those whining about women are the loudest people out there. Whine whine. Victim victim.

Lil Donny Trump Jr. is out there whining about the 'poor men' being victimized. The spoiled brat with a wife and 5 kids who cheated on her many times with a Fox bimbo, is complaining. This is downright funny.

Guess what folks? This IS a backlash. It is a backlash against the misogynistic president and his posse. It is a backlash against the GOP treating Obama like a servant, rather than president and ignoring Garland. It is a backlash against the minority, made up of rural white people and religious groups, bullying and ruling the majority who won the popular vote. It is a backlash against the bigotry and narrow-mindeness of Trump and his following.

So please give us a break with the fear-mongering about backlashes. This doesn't work any more. The majority of the country is not going to be cowed by the minority threatening a 'backlash.' The anger of the majority now is stronger than any backlash. Bring it on.
Seems like your just angry that about losing the election, maybe if the DNC hadn't try to manipulate the party the way they did the outcome would have been different. But remember woman outnumber men this country and should be able to vote in whatever paragon of virtue they deem appropriate.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:26 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Seems like your just angry that about losing the election, maybe if the DNC hadn't try to manipulate the party the way they did the outcome would have been different. But remember woman outnumber men this country and should be able to vote in whatever paragon of virtue they deem appropriate.
Oh dear. Hate to burst your bubble of condescension, but this has nothing to do with the election or the DNC (which for some reason Trump and his cult are totally obsessed with).

Not looking for a paragon of virtue--just someone who is not a sleazebag criminal like Trump. He's an extreme. Surely there are some moderate and sane people, even in the GOP.

Seems like you're just angry about women period.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There is going to be a backlash all right, but it's going to go the other way. Women compromise more than 50% of the population. Our days of sitting down, shutting up, and allowing men to get away with whatever they please is over.

We're in the 21st Century now. It's a new era. Get used to it.
Ironically you are doing exactly what you accuse men of doing to women.... there's a difference between fighting for our rights and trying to roll over people.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb The upcoming silent backlash against women

Backlash?

Seriously?

All the angry, defensive guys with their backs up aren't going to do a thing. That's what's going to happen. Because they're in no position to do anything but gripe and fantasize that women will return to being what they were in the 50s. Those days of mistreating women and getting away with it are over for good.

Stow your phony outrage and just act decently around the women you work with or for. Because if you don't, you'll be the one smarting from backlash.

Get used to it.

The 50s ended a few decades back, fellas. And tRump ain't bringin' em back for ya.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:28 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
And that's why MGTOW keeps growing and growing too.
Well playing with oneself was always an option. Enjoy.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:34 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Oh dear. Hate to burst your bubble of condescension, but this has nothing to do with the election or the DNC (which for some reason Trump and his cult are totally obsessed with).

Not looking for a paragon of virtue--just someone who is not a sleazebag criminal like Trump. He's an extreme. Surely there are some moderate and sane people, even in the GOP.

Seems like you're just angry about women period.
Nothing to do with the election you stated:

"Guess what folks? This IS a backlash. It is a backlash against the misogynistic president and his posse. It is a backlash against the GOP treating Obama like a servant, rather than president and ignoring Garland. It is a backlash against the minority, made up of rural white people and religious groups, bullying and ruling the majority who won the popular vote. It is a backlash against the bigotry and narrow-mindeness of Trump and his following."

I would say your post set the tone of what your venting over.

I have no problem with woman and nothing in my post comes near that. I agree looking for moderate and sane people the extremists of both parties need to have their mouths taped shut but don't act like DNC is any better than the GOP when it comes to extremists....

Old 10-04-2018, 03:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Backlash?

Seriously?

All the angry, defensive guys with their backs up aren't going to do a thing. That's what's going to happen. Because they're in no position to do anything but gripe and fantasize that women will return to being what they were in the 50s. Those days of mistreating women and getting away with it are over for good.

Stow your phony outrage and just act decently around the women you work with or for. Because if you don't, you'll be the one smarting from backlash.

Get used to it.

The 50s ended a few decades back, fellas. And tRump ain't bringin' em back for ya.

Old Gringo, I worked in a profession where I was an equal to men and I was always shown respect and was treated as an equal. If I truly believed that Trump or conservatives were going to try to bring us women back to the 50's then I certainly would not be a supporter and I would be along side you supporting your agenda. Although we know there are abusive men do you really believe this to be true of all men and that it only occurs on one side of the political isle? Please don't wear *** hats and fight for my rights because you've gone over board and discracing women.

If you feel strongly that men are abusive especially if due to your own experience maybe you should surround yourself with better people. Just sayin

Last edited by petch751; 10-04-2018 at 03:58 PM..

Old 10-04-2018, 03:55 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Do you use terms like "alpha" and "beta males"?

You really need to get off the incels forums and stop using them to justify your poor life choices.
Really? REALLY?

I am trying to be nice, but damn y'all get reactionary AF

Yeah way the go accusing me of being an incel, I almost lost interest in talking with you...

I have my life battles and nobody does anything, quit using your gender as a way to feel victimized...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies