Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 03:53 AM

1,279 posts, read 853,049 times

Advertisements

I generally favor the #MeToo movement and I’m a guy. I’ve been bugged or harassed (by gay men and by aggressive women) and I didn’t like it, but what I’ve dealt with is nothing compared to what plenty of women have, so I sympathize with the movement generally.

Everyone-men AND women-just needs to think twice before doing something that could be considered harassment. As a guy, even though I have never been accused of anything, since these days being accused seems to automatically mean guilt if you’re a guy, I also now try to totally avoid any situation in which I could possibly be accused of something (no more drinking at any business event unless everyone there is another straight guy, no more business meetings in rooms with doors closed and no more one-on-one business meetings). Better safe than sorry.

Old 10-06-2018, 03:55 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A lot of these wanna be alphas are fat too. Maybe they are strategically prepping for the apocalypse by storing blubber. They can shoot their guns real good from a recliner with a beer holder.

The other type practices MMA fighting- while he has the brawn, there is an empty space where a brain should be.

Sure, alphas all. I grew up around conservative family men and I don't even recognize what passes for that now.

Thanks for making me smile after a really bad day for women.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Silent? Ha!

Didn't you hear the president rolling around in the gutter to denigrate a woman who DARED to come forward?

Give me a break.

I work for a Fortune 500 company; women aren't going away.

The ONLY people trying desperately to set women back 50 years are Republican old men. It's time to get rid of every one.
Old white men are a dying breed. But it is not just white men who abuse women. White men do seem to feel aggrieved when women speak up. They do fear losing their power. But even when rich white men lose their power due to the numbers, there will still be other men to take their place. The problem for women is not just WHITE men. It is men who feel superior to women and men who disrespect women as equal human beings who have value.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:36 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You need a better crowd of associates.
The deadbeat women are also gold diggers. Why I am part of the MGTOW. I sit on a pile of money. Drives them nuts.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The deadbeat women are also gold diggers. Why I am part of the MGTOW. I sit on a pile of money. Drives them nuts.
Oh, you think only women can be gold diggers? It figures! There are plenty of male gold diggers. I guess you just didn't consider that fact.

I do not hate all men, just the ones who are abusive. It sounds like you do hate all women. What ever floats your boat.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:07 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A lot of these wanna be alphas are fat too. Maybe they are strategically prepping for the apocalypse by storing blubber. They can shoot their guns real good from a recliner with a beer holder.

The other type practices MMA fighting- while he has the brawn, there is an empty space where a brain should be.

Sure, alphas all. I grew up around conservative family men and I don't even recognize what passes for that now.
LOL...the misandry is strong in this one. Bottom line, if everything goes bad or you are in a dangerous/survivor type situation as a female, you are not the predator...you are the prey.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:19 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Old white men are a dying breed. But it is not just white men who abuse women. White men do seem to feel aggrieved when women speak up. They do fear losing their power. But even when rich white men lose their power due to the numbers, there will still be other men to take their place. The problem for women is not just WHITE men. It is men who feel superior to women and men who disrespect women as equal human beings who have value.
How many times do you guys need to point that out in your heads? They’re not dying out no more than gender is becoming less notorious as a social construct or as religion becomes less important in society.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
I generally favor the #MeToo movement and I’m a guy. I’ve been bugged or harassed (by gay men and by aggressive women) and I didn’t like it, but what I’ve dealt with is nothing compared to what plenty of women have, so I sympathize with the movement generally.

Everyone-men AND women-just needs to think twice before doing something that could be considered harassment. As a guy, even though I have never been accused of anything, since these days being accused seems to automatically mean guilt if you’re a guy, I also now try to totally avoid any situation in which I could possibly be accused of something (no more drinking at any business event unless everyone there is another straight guy, no more business meetings in rooms with doors closed and no more one-on-one business meetings). Better safe than sorry.
Then why didn’t they go after Asia?

And then you all went “We don’t need her”

Old 10-06-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I completely disagree. The #MeToo movement has brought down quite a large number of powerful, sexually abusive men. I think that is called a success.
How bout when Morgan Freeman got accused too? Would you call that a success?

Old 10-06-2018, 12:47 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Agreed. Parents are warning their sons about how to protect themselves against false allegations.

Here is an example of such abuse where five high school girls lied and destroyed the life of a young man. His parents filed a federal court lawsuit on 10/3 - the school did nothing once the girls admitted they lied:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art..._campaign=1490

The #MeToo movement was much needed. It has proved in some cases to be a double-edged sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies