Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 11:50 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Monocultural male dominated companies are the past, if you don't grasp this then you should not be anywhere near the leadership of any larger company.

You have made the classic mistake made by a whole bunch of extremists on both the left and right, you think your political values, your prejudices matter a damn in business. Big hint mate they don't.

Woman bring real value to the workplace and they don't run around making baseless accusations like you want to pretend and they never have..... What has changed is that sex crimes, bullying, racism, and sexism are no longer being tolerated.

So get on board or get out of the way.
Guys who think like that have already been left behind. They just don't know it yet.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:52 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
You know this harassment still goes on right? I work for a very large corporation and we have all the training on proper office behavior etc. Last year an employee was injured pretty badly on the job and couldn’t return to work. The company used it as an excuse to slowly slide him out of his job. I thought that was kind of strange because he was a good earner for the company. Then I found out there had been compliants about his inappropriate behavior and HR just used this accident as an excuse to relive themselves of the burden.

I know another guy who rose to a VP level the openly harassed women and the company had even been sued a few times. But it was years before they got rid of him because he could make the bell ring for revenue.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:52 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
And I will point out yet again that the premise of this thread is that only men own and operate businesses. That's not the case. Women are not at the mercy of men to participate in commerce, either as consumers or producers.
True. However we aren't going to want the drama either. We are going to have to be very careful about who we hire. I know a lot of us already are, but this is going to suck even more.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:55 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, you go ahead and continue living 4,000 years in the past.

Meanwhile, here in the present, women aren't waiting for your approval to speak out and advocate for themselves. Must be hard for you here in the 21st Century.
I never did anything sexually wrong to women and I'm not planning to do. I'm "old school" in the good meaning of the expression.
The only thing I care is not to get accused by some SJW or a feminist that wants to gain fame and be a "hero". I have a mortgage, bills, other financial obligations and a very good reputation. To much to lose.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:56 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
I hope you are equally vigilant about the men you hire. A sexual harasser could bring lots of drama that you don't want, too.
That should go without saying.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:57 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I never did anything sexually wrong to women and I'm not planning to do. I'm "old school" in the good meaning of the expression.
The only thing I care is not to get accused by some SJW or a feminist that wants to gain fame and be a "hero". I have a mortgage, bills, other financial obligations and a very good reputation. To much to lose.
Well, I hope you are equally vigilant about the men you hire. A sexual harasser can end up costing you all of those things, too.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Oh, your ancestors were would-be rapists?
No, they just knew that (man+woman)alone = potential troubles.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:00 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Women generally don't accuse men of harassment and bad behavior on a whim or to be a "hero", because there are strong external forces that keep them from doing so. Such as threats to their reputation, job security, social ostracism, even their lives and their families. Why do you think many rapes or attacks aren't reported?

Old 10-03-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Well, I hope you are equally vigilant about the men you hire. A sexual harasser can end up costing you all of those things, too.
Criminal background checks + asking the previous company if he is eligible to rehire - and I'm covered.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Women generally don't accuse men of harassment and bad behavior on a whim or to be a "hero", because there are strong external forces that keep them from doing so. Such as threats to their reputation, job security, social ostracism, even their lives and their families. Why do you think many rapes or attacks aren't reported?
Because there are different types of people. There are the weak and introvert that will not report, and there is the type that will step on corps just to be admired by her friends. Sorry, I'm not taking risks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies