Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 04:52 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
This is a very good question.

Even as someone who hates Trump and isn't too conservative, I think it is hypocritical.

There's enough hypocrisy to go around on both sides of the aisle.
^^^

Also we have to keep in mind that the allegations against Bill Clinton are now over 20 years old. We simply did not have the awareness back then that we do now. There was very little internet access, and no #METOO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 04:55 PM

There has in fact been criticism of President Clinton from some quarters of the Democratic party.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/1/1741722...e-too-movement

Old 10-03-2018, 04:57 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
^^^

Also we have to keep in mind that the allegations against Bill Clinton are now over 20 years old. We simply did not have the awareness back then that we do now. There was very little internet access, and no #METOO.
Hillary Clinton was going to put Slick Willie back into the White House, had she won the 2016 election. She clearly stated he'd be in charge of the economy. And let's not even mention Huma Abedin who remains married to the convicted sexual pervert Anthony Wiener.

So it's very very relevant. But the Democrats, leftists and "celebs" are all hypocrites. It's on display every single day. This is but one example.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
This not a left or right question but just something I’ve been pondering.
Celebs are sharing their own stories of sexual assault in support of Dr Ford. What about the woman who claimed they where assaulted by Bill Clinton (more corroborated evidence then the Ford/Kavanaugh hearing). Hollywood loved him and still does. What about the ex girlfriend who was allegedly abused by Keith Ellison? It’s just seems a bit hypocritical.
Your thoughts?
It's a different day than when Clinton got by with what he did.

We'd like to see that change.

The only allegations I've seen the ex-girlfriend level against Ellison are narcissistic abuse - whatever that is. The voters are FREE to not vote for him.

We do not have that freedom with a lifetime appointment deciced by Senators.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You are confused on both counts. Nobody cared about Clinton's consensual sex. But lying under oath is a different matter.

And Ellison abused his girlfriend, not cheated on her.

Hope I helped you understand.
In the letter she released, she defined abuse as him cheating and then lying about it, causing her emotional distress .

As for Clinton, the OP isn't focusing on the lying under oath part. So I'm not confused at all, I answered both post in the context they were asked.

You seem to be the one confused.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect.
Nope I'm correct, that's why you didn't even attempt to refute what I said.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hillary Clinton was going to put Slick Willie back into the White House, had she won the 2016 election. She clearly stated he'd be in charge of the economy. And let's not even mention Huma Abedin who remains married to the convicted sexual pervert Anthony Wiener.

So it's very very relevant. But the Democrats, leftists and "celebs" are all hypocrites. It's on display every single day. This is but one example.
I've often said that one of the worst things Bill Clinton did was in effect helping to elect Trump in 2016. If you read much about Hillary Clinton in what I call 'political potboilers' (Woodward, Klein, Allen&Parnes, etc), you soon realize that she has had a problem with alcohol, and that it affected her ability to campaign. Keep in mind, Trump is a teetotaler. He was able to handle the 18 hour days during the campaign.

It is also obvious to me that many of Hillary's issues stem from her treatment at the hands of Bill. I doubt that she was much of a drinker growing up as a Methodist. Methodism was founded by John Wesley, who did not even allow himself to drink tea. Methodist friends told me that they did not use wine for communion--they used non-alcoholic grape juice.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:42 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I hope so. I can handle him being a pig. But to me, Hillary enabled him and intimidated the women, which is as bad, if you ask me.

And the media and Hollywood are all in the left's pocket.
This!!!

As far as today's situations . . . it is the same (as far as the dems are concerned) . . .the lefties are always correct and the right is always wrong. Nothing new. The epitome of double standard.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
I'm guessing ... you're a man?

First of all, if you follow the news, you'll know that celebrities aren't just coming out with their stories apropos of CBF. This started with the Harvey Weinstein case.

Second, obviously it's easier for celebrities to get themselves into the news, and I don't know of any celebrities assaulted by Bill Clinton.

Third, a lot of it has to do with credibility. CBF has a record of being a respected professional.

Fourth, I hope you're not trying to compare some domestic abuse of an adult to an attack on a 15 year-old girl.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:17 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,044 times
There is no way he would get away with it now. I get the idea your average Clinton-obsessed wingnut poster is on the far side of 50 so it's probably hard to wrap their minds around the fact that to the average anti sexual harassment activist, this is ancient pre-history as they were probably born in the 1990's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies