Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 06:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'll ask again. Did Obama lie under oath about it?
Obama disclosed smoking marijuana and using blow while in high school and early college years in his book, Dreams of My Father, published 13 years before he was elected president.

I remain fond of Bush 2’s disclosure along the lines of “ When I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Who did Judge Kavanaugh sexually molest?

That is what I thought.

/Thread

OR

Who did President Clinton sexually molest?

Is there enough room on this page to list them all.

/Thread
Has Clinton been convicted of sexual molestation?

At the time, Trump said some very unflattering things about the women who accused Bill Clinton.

These two ( Obama and Trump) are cut from the same cloth and no stranger to paying accusers to go away.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Come on, I know you're smarter than this.

Obama did not face allegations of drunken sexual assault and try to lie about all the circumstances. That's your difference right there, not the drinking itself.

Damn near everyone drank in college. Not everyone allegedly did what Kavanaugh was accused of.
I continue to believe both the accused and the accuser misremember.

It was and shall remain a she said/ he said thing.

I have little doubt he will be confirmed.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:09 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
BBBBBuuuutttt Obama. Oh lordy . A SCOTUS has a position for life. A president does not. Everyone does stupid things in their youth. If you lie about it, what else are you covering up? A SCOTUS has a different job description than a POTUS. Better yet, let the American people vote for the SCOTUS like we do for a POTUS. Kavanaugh would be toast.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:15 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post

Can we just stop toying around? I amma be real honest, this country was founded on conservative principles whether you like it or not and this is coming from a foreigner
This is golden! I challenge you to look at any 240 plus year old principle and not see them as "conservative". Principles and morallity evolve and progress thru time. Thankfully. Many of this country's forefathers wore wigs. We grew out of that. Somewhere along the line we figured out that wearing a wig was ... well, stupid and made no difference in the scheme of things. And forget 200 plus years ago, we need only to look back 40 years ago to see radical social morallity changes. Back in the 60's some rock star (John Lennon) said he and his band were bigger than Jesus (in the eyes of their fans). Because of that statement, and their "consevative principles", some kids in Alabama piled their Beatles albums into a pile and lit them on fire. (After they paid for these albums I might add.) Now there are songs being played across the airwaves suggesting the killing of cops and the raping of women. But CD's were not piled up and burnt. Naw, we have grown since the 60's. The vast majority of society shrugged their shoulders and realized that some performer foolishly exersized their first ammenment rights in a way that is contrary to even todays morality. We had no need to cling to "conservative principles", we were able to recognize that the performer is just an idiot performer. That is progress. Most recognize this as a good thing. Most realize we will never go back to the social morals that existed when John Lennon made that silly comment. And that, in the broadest of terms, is why I will never align myself with the republican party.
Welcome to this most excellent country, by the way. Please keep up.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:59 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
BBBBBuuuutttt Obama. Oh lordy . A SCOTUS has a position for life. A president does not. Everyone does stupid things in their youth. If you lie about it, what else are you covering up? A SCOTUS has a different job description than a POTUS. Better yet, let the American people vote for the SCOTUS like we do for a POTUS. Kavanaugh would be toast.
Luckily Obama is gone so he can’t destroy America further, from within as clearly under his leadership was going on.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not one Democrat objected about that behavior, but a Right leaning Judge with great reputation is not held to the same standard by the left.
oh sweetie pie -- where are all the accusations of sexual harassment ...come on - you can do better than this.

You could just make something up -- I bet you could find something on line made up.

Facts, truth, reality has been tossed out the window.

Show me one official statement from a Democratic politician stating Kavanaugh shouldn't be a Supreme Court Justice because he had beer in college.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:05 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I continue to believe both the accused and the accuser misremember.

It was and shall remain a she said/ he said thing.

I have little doubt he will be confirmed.
I disagree with you in this case. The accusers all have no proof and zero witnesses so in this case I 100% believe the accused.

Any accuser should have some proof. Otherwise we can start pointing fingers at anyone.

If Ford at a minimum could say the address and date it happened and Kavanaugh was present, that would have at a minimum made it a little plausible. But not even a date/time and address can be provided.

On top of that the person picking her up which may have been a family member or friend driving her home can attest for Ford being different due to something happening.

That on top of the flying claims and other non backed up claims makes this to me an an easy, she said something that only she believes as well as all haters gladly take as that being the truth.

Fill in any of your loved ones, name and take Kavanaugh name out and you will most likely see how unfair it is to deal with this as the accused.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:12 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Clinton was accused of lying to Congress under oath and was impeached.

Kavanaugh has been accused of lying under oath to Congress and the Republican Congress and POTUS choose to close their eyes to those accusations and work to give him a seat on the SCOTUS.

Ya really wanna talk about double standards and hypocrisy?
Huh? What about Weinstein?

Old 10-05-2018, 09:21 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not one Democrat objected about that behavior, but a Right leaning Judge with great reputation is not held to the same standard by the left.
Obama’s judgement came at the voting booth. We do not have that privilege to show our feelings about SCJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies