Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 07:09 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The 1984 version had its moments. (Excellent vehicles and aircraft, for one thing.) What a lot of people seem to have forgotten was that - even in that hoo-rah movie - once the plucky partisans became more than a nuisance and the occupiers actually targeted them, they were immediately forced on the run and, if memory serves, 80% or so of them died.
Didn’t they all die except for Patrick swayze? I only remember the end scene where he is on a rail car holding his brother who had been shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 07:22 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Seems to be the ammosexuals who daydream of saving the day against whatever military is the enemy du jour. Remember the Jade Helm hysterics?
An inanimate object is sexual to you? How many dildos do you have dude? Weird.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:22 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Didn’t they all die except for Patrick swayze? I only remember the end scene where he is on a rail car holding his brother who had been shot.
Swayze lived when he carried off a (presumably) dying Sheen.

Lea Thompson and and Brad Savage (Erica and Danny) make it to FA (Free America) while Swayze and Sheen distracted enemy troops.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:23 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Bunch of guys hated Lincoln. Then they got their a$$es handed to them by men who put loyalty to country above their own their beliefs.
What year was that exactly?

Old 10-04-2018, 07:25 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Gun grabbers:

Why does it matter if my gun(s), bombs, nukes, etc can/cannot ultimately defeat an aggressor? Property rights are absolute. Governments, which have no rights because only individuals have rights, have all these things. Why the different set of rules?

*****Please, no "What about roads?" responses. I just ate.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:41 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Gun grabbers:

Why does it matter if my gun(s), bombs, nukes, etc can/cannot ultimately defeat an aggressor? Property rights are absolute. Governments, which have no rights because only individuals have rights, have all these things. Why the different set of rules?

If nukes are involved you won't have to worry about property rights. None of it would be worth a dime afterwards anyway.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:50 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
An inanimate object is sexual to you? How many dildos do you have dude? Weird.
When I saw the word "ammosexual" I didn't think dildos. Interesting that is where your mind went. You might have a thing for phallic objects..guns..dildos...hot dogs..do you like hot dogs?

Old 10-05-2018, 12:38 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post

Consider you're a commie pinko who would just love to overrun our beloved country......

We are unique in all the world, when somebody wants to come and kick your teeth in you will want to be hugging any NRA shooter you can find............
Wolverines!!!

Seriously though, I support the 2A and hunting, but no one is coming over here with small arms to engage in guerilla combat with chunky American militia wannabes. And if they did, they wouldn't be commie pinkos because it is not the 1980s anymore.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It happened already inside his head and the video games. A couple Netflix series showed it also.

Man in the High Castle - also. Bezos has taken over. The peashooter brigade and brave men with hunting equipment will save us all.

The funny part is he mentions these peashooters are coming out AFTER the nukes strike us. As if Russia is going to send in ground troops after a couple hundred thermo-nuclear devices fall on us. And as if the normal joes will have a method to even keep warm and fed.

The "militia" will be whittled down to a couple thousand who "prepped" in the right style. That bunch won't stand up to Ruskies with commissars at their backs. The OP needs to read about Russias...or Germans....or Chinese for that matter. None of them duck when commanded to move forward.

I wonder how the Militia would stand up to WWII era mobile rockets...let alone what they deploy today. Little drones can see infrared (Human beings) and that's that. Unless all the "hunters" have some kind of million-dollar suit, they will be found and disposed of quickly.

Here are some WWII vids of ancient rockets. The Germans pooped their pants when these things went off - and the Germans are arguably some of the best warriors in history.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bWt81vhIyY
Let alone half the things I saw in VN.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:20 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Gun grabbers:

I repeat, expecting an invasion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies