Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For whom would you vote right now?
Bernie Sanders 19 27.54%
Elizabeth Warren 18 26.09%
Joe Biden 32 46.38%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 09:23 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,142,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
He came off like a little silly girl scout during the debate with Pence, not a fan of either one of those guys.
Caine and Pence are both not particularly interesting. At all.

Boring. Uninspiring. Lack of personality.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:25 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,051,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Hillary ran on anybody but Trump and lost. Hope the D's don't make the same mistake again.

Bernie is not a democrat. Warren is like chalk on a blackboard. Biden is center but old and uninspiring.

Trump won last time because people don't like Hillary and Bernie supporters felt betrayed. But this time Trump has something to show for his 4 years. His speeches and tweets make me cringe but the economy is doing great and unemployment is at record low. Illegal immigration is down and the law of the land is applied. A person with a job and savings is going to think twice before voting for an unknown, especially a radical left that wants to increase taxes and have open borders.

And trying to claim the economy in 2020 was all due to Obama who left in 2016 will not cut it. Bring in moderates with good track record of a creating a booming economy, like the Colorado governor. Not a loon from CA or NJ.
Bernie is likeable but impractical--too far left. And Warren? Hilary on steroids. And Uncle Joe? Yeah, too old. Dems need some new blood. And it needs to be centrist. Radical lefties won't have a chance against Trump. His right wing base would be fired up. And independents like myself will either sit out the election or vote third party (Libertarian in my case).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 09:29 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,948,720 times
I lean right of center but consider myself an independent. If the right Dem came along that would help both parties, I'd consider them too. Here's my top 4 dems and 4 repubs at the moment that I'd vote for President.

Dems: John Hickenlooper, Christopher Coons, Michael F Bennett, and my favorite Dem currently Patty Murray

Repubs: Lindsey Graham, Charlie Baker, Lamar Alexander, and Tim Scott.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:40 AM

301 posts, read 187,990 times
OF the 3 options in the poll, I'd likely choose Biden, even though I have a handful of issues with him + things he's done/said in the past. I hope that, if Biden does run, he chooses a running mate wisely. So - NO to Sanders, NO to Warren. Perhaps ... YES to Harris or Booker.

If the Dems have any hope at all, strategy is key and a Biden + Harris ticket crosses (most of) the Ts. Unfortunately, I think most of the Trump deflectors wouldn't support a woman and/or a WOC leading the ticket. But a white man, an experienced white man who isn't certifiably nuts, w/ a WOC VP might do well among the voters who would be nervous to support a woman in general.

I don't know, my dudes. Too soon to really tell what's happening and who's got a chance. Time and the mid-terms will give us a clearer picture of what we need to do and who'll we need to get us there.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunalvr View Post
OF the 3 options in the poll, I'd likely choose Biden, even though I have a handful of issues with him + things he's done/said in the past. I hope that, if Biden does run, he chooses a running mate wisely. So - NO to Sanders, NO to Warren. Perhaps ... YES to Harris or Booker.

If the Dems have any hope at all, strategy is key and a Biden + Harris ticket crosses (most of) the Ts. Unfortunately, I think most of the Trump deflectors wouldn't support a woman and/or a WOC leading the ticket. But a white man, an experienced white man who isn't certifiably nuts, w/ a WOC VP might do well among the voters who would be nervous to support a woman in general.

I don't know, my dudes. Too soon to really tell what's happening and who's got a chance. Time and the mid-terms will give us a clearer picture of what we need to do and who'll we need to get us there.
If the Dems are determined to run a woman they should look at Sally Yates. I have no idea if Yates has any interest in running but I think she could make a strong candidate. I've seen her interviewed a couple of times and was impressed with her intelligence and general demeanor.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:02 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,891,440 times
I wonder if some Republicans would flip to Democrat? John Kasich for example? Would they stand a chance?

Old 10-08-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I wonder if some Republicans would flip to Democrat? John Kasich for example? Would they stand a chance?
You mean Kasich running as a Democrat? I don't see that happening. I like Kasich too but he has the same problem as Tim Kaine: nice guy but a little boring.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,191,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
It's funny how you talk as though any of those people would stand a chance against Trump.
In 1991 it was commonly known, reported and assumed that nobody could beat George H. Bush in 92. Clinton emerged late in the game.

There will be a wealth of candidates in 2020. Trump will be relegated to the same base rallies he did in '16 and now. Ignorance, bluster, fake tans and crude behavior gets stale.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:54 AM

301 posts, read 187,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
If the Dems are determined to run a woman they should look at Sally Yates. I have no idea if Yates has any interest in running but I think she could make a strong candidate. I've seen her interviewed a couple of times and was impressed with her intelligence and general demeanor.
I've heard Yates' name quite a bit recently. I will have to look into her.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:37 PM

51,965 posts, read 52,419,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Caine and Pence are both not particularly interesting. At all.

Boring. Uninspiring. Lack of personality.
Saw Pence in some interviews back during the race and he just repeated the talking points like a robot every time I saw him. Didn't answer direct questions and did the typical redirect to again, just hammer the agenda.

All politicians really do it if you watch close enough but he did it so blatantly, just annoyed the crap out of me.

Caine, meh, he just seemed like a lackey to me, again, the way he carried himself in the Pence debate was embarrassing in my opinion. He came off like the hall monitor/ class nerd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies