Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 01:41 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,717,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
If anything, the opposite is really true.

People work a lot more than they used to. An ever/always-connected world are the new realities.

I worked from a plane on my to/from a recent work trip. I routinely work more than 50-60 hours a week, most of the extra work not at the office.
It depends on what area of the work force you're talking about

Hands on jobs-Have become less demanding over the years

Finance/education/healthcare/law- No doubt this will become more demanding fields because these are all fields that are accustomed to the essential of maintaining society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 01:53 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't want more women on the judiciary committee.
Why? Because you're afraid there will end up being enough to vote against judges who say they won't vote to overturn Roe v. Wade and/or jeopardize the 2nd Amendment?

Old 10-06-2018, 02:01 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why? Because you're afraid there will end up being enough to vote against judges who say they won't vote to overturn Roe v. Wade and/or jeopardize the 2nd Amendment?
Yeah something like that. They wouldn't be traditional, conservative or libertarian enough or fair enough to males. What kind of woman makes it to the top of the senate but one that flaunts tradition to begin with? I want judges who read the constitution or law as it was understood when written and not constantly invent new understandings.

Old 10-06-2018, 02:42 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Yeah something like that. They wouldn't be traditional, conservative or libertarian enough or fair enough to males. What kind of woman makes it to the top of the senate but one that flaunts tradition to begin with? I want judges who read the constitution or law as it was understood when written and not constantly invent new understandings.
You mean like invent expanded powers and protections for a President so he can't be sued, indicted for crimes against the USA, and if he is..he can pardon himself federally or state???
Cause that is why Kavenaugh is there. To get Trump off the hook when the indictments come for he and his family, and, when NY State convicts him of tax fraud and State Tax fraud .

Old 10-06-2018, 02:53 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
But they do know that with great power comes great responsibility? Do they know you have to sign a lot of legal work? Are you aware also about the treaties and affairs you're making with the system???

Better yet, what if the woman has an emergency situation, who's gonna take care of it???

Also, should we not have less government spending on us as a society???
I do keep wondering...do you think women are all incredibly stupid or uninformed about life in general or something? Your first paragraph certainly sounds like it with the questions about such simple concepts.

If nothing else, most women have gone through school and you learn about how government works and have that as a base. Considering some of the posts I have seen in this forum, you should also be wondering if all men know how government works if you're going to wonder that about women.

Last edited by latimeria; 10-06-2018 at 03:22 AM..

Old 10-06-2018, 05:35 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
I don't want more women on the judiciary committee.
And I don't want any more men without common sense or critical thinking or empathy or a conscience either.

Why don't you want women on the judiciary committee?

Old 10-06-2018, 05:54 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
OMG. What a sexist jerk he is. It figures, right?
Some see sexist" in every remark, just as some see "racism" in every remark

Are ALL the female Senators that made all those accusations against Kavanaugh "sexist" because they said those things about a MAN?

Your overreaction is a sign YOU believe everything said about a women by men is sexist!

There are MORE residential female real estate agents then male by a HUGE margin. Is that "sexist"?

The reason is they like the flexibility they have in their hours so they CAN be available for their children.

Many women do NOT take jobs that require a lot of "overtime" becuae as a mother, they feel their priority is being home with the kids.

You may NOT like it but it IS a FACT!

Old 10-06-2018, 06:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
He’s right. Women on average prefer jobs that give them more flexibility and time at home. This is a fact. Why are you mad at facts?
Fact is - there are 3 women on the Senate Judiciary on the Democratic side. So . . Grassley is wrong again. He looks and sounds like a doddering old fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Maybe it is time for the 85 year old Grassley to retire. He obviously thinks his job is too much work. He also is out of touch with 2018.
Grassley is so out of touch. Good lord. A stumbling, bumbling fool. Time for him to retire ~ likes yesterday.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:25 AM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes that must be it, all those excellent professional women lawyers just don't have enough time, its just too much work. You never disappoint, maybe you have some facts to support your opinion or you can just ask Grassley. I guess that is definitely true when it comes to the judiciary committee, too much work for those women. Only one woman appointed in 40 years by the GOP, must be too busy.
^^^^^ I almost never agree with you, but I agree with the above.

And even if dashrendar is correct re 'women on average', I don't see women who have made it to the United States Senate as 'women on average'.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb Grassley suggests lack of women on Judiciary is because 'it's a lot of work,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The senate GOP especially the judiciary committee looks like the land that time forgot. They are so out of touch with reality, how did some of its members remain on this committee all these years.

Because Grassley put it out there in plain English:

Pubs don't want any of their women on such an important committee. They just need their gals like Susan Collins to get out there and be good girls, 'splainin why they toe the party line and do as they're told.

In this day and age, it keeps surprising me how many women still support GOP patriarchy. After all, tRump got the majority of white women to vote for him.

How's that support holding up now? Maybe Pubs think that women haven't noticed.

"We'll see what happens."

Just 4 weeks 'til the next election.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies