Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 03:53 PM

8,063 posts, read 12,774,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Funny how Republicans hate free speech. Tell me this, why didn't Republicans call out to freaks like this who threatened to kill any legislators who didn't vote for Kavanaugh.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.c11bccc923c1
How would they have "called out" this idiot? The first anyone heard of it was after the arrest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 08:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Trump is running up bigger deficits and killing trade more than Obama ever did
Agreed. Maybe the pressure of tariffs will work but it's not the way to go about it imo and it's hurting Americans pocketbook.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
How would they have "called out" this idiot? The first anyone heard of it was after the arrest.
You are correct, and how are democrats supposed to call out rowdy demonstrators? That was my point in posting that. I don't have any friends or relatives who even demonstrate so how am I supposed to 'call them out'? The entire premise of this thread is absurd.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:55 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I really haven't been watching the protests... what did these people do, exactly?

That said, I didn't see any Republicans calling for Kavanaugh to calm down and treat the members of his confirmation committee with respect, so I'm thinking y'all don't really care.

And... Trump made fun of Ford at a rally. Where were these MANY Republicans decrying his lack of courtesy?
He didn't make fun of her.

He told it as she worked it & the world watched it...it's still indelible in the hippocampus.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The thing is though, if you look back thru history, change usually only happens as a result of MAJOR uprising, MAJOR disobedience, even resorting to violence.

Lots of 'good moral upstanding citizens' living in the south in the 60s, wished all those troublemakers fighting for civil rights would just shut up, go home, obey and comply, stop making problems for police and the community!...Just imagine how far civil rights would have gotten if they had obeyed and complied with everything, NO 'troublemaking', NO disobedience, NO destruction of property, etc...it would have went NOWHERE!

Same goes for this nations founding...would the US exist today if the patriots back then obeyed and complied with England, and only held peaceful protests instead? HECK NO, and we celebrate these patriots for what they did...naturally some 'troublemakers' today will likely be honored and celebrated by future generations for the trouble they are causing today.
The difference is that today? When liberals/dems don't get THEIR way? That's what the resort to.

Has nothing to do with changing a thing; just a big bunch of babies who don't like not "winning".

Old 10-08-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
He didn't make fun of her.

He told it as she worked it & the world watched it...it's still indelible in the hippocampus.
Yes, he did make fun of her at a rally. And just because you thought it was cool does not mean it didn't happen. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-rally-n916061

Old 10-08-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
So this one nut in Florida represents all Republicans?
Damn...good thing I'm an Independent.

BTW, I think you're confused about who hates free speech.
And...

Quote:
Patrick was arrested this week on a charge of written threats to kill or injure and is being held on a $500,000 bond, according to booking records. It’s unclear whether he has an attorney.
Where are all the libs who are guilty of the same?

Still tweeting & protesting & inciting & walking around free as birds....

Old 10-08-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
The difference is that today? When liberals/dems don't get THEIR way? That's what the resort to.

Has nothing to do with changing a thing; just a big bunch of babies who don't like not "winning".
What the heck are you talking about? Protesting and demonstrating are protected by the constitution just like your gun rights are. You want to criticize democrats for demonstrating, why? Because you disagree with what they said, or is it because you realize that they probably got large numbers of like minded people fired up and more engaged in voting than they would have been otherwise? The vietnam war only ended when people took to the streets and I was one of them and I'm proud that I contributed in some small way to ending a horrible illegitimate war.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
In their mind - peaceful protest is ZERO protest. Republicans aren't for civic engagement. That's how the elite old farts stay in power and give tax breaks to the 1%.
The elite old farts like Pelosi, Feinstein, Bernie, Warren, Hoyer, Blumenthal, etc.?

Then we have Ruthie Bader Ginsberg (and her political bias), who can barely stay awake for more than two hours at a time.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What the heck are you talking about? Protesting and demonstrating are protected by the constitution just like your gun rights are. You want to criticize democrats for demonstrating, why? Because you disagree with what they said, or is it because you realize that they probably got large numbers of like minded people fired up and more engaged in voting than they would have been otherwise? The vietnam war only ended when people took to the streets and I was one of them and I'm proud that I contributed in some small way to ending a horrible illegitimate war.
Don't twist what I said.

Dems/libs don't get their way in this day and age (even through the electoral process) and it's chaos & protesting and looting & #resist.

Bunch of babies who don't seem to understand that they can't always have it their way...which is why the morons are now so upset about the electoral college. Until their next #mypotus wins due to the electoral college system.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies