Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will we still be one nation of 50 states in 2030?
Yes 69 75.82%
No 22 24.18%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 10:59 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post

I can think of two scenarios. Trump wins a second term in 2020 and then Pence in 2024. With a conservative SCOTUS, Roe v Wade and Obergefell is reversed and red states immediately ban gay marriages. After that, they go after the school prayer decision and successfully get school-sponsored prayer back in schools. Schools can also choose to teach creationism/intelligent design instead of evolution if the school district votes on it. The government passes an anti-gay propaganda law to ban all positive mentions of homosexuality in the media, in essence sending gays back into the closet. Laws requiring equal pay for women are repealed which leads to fewer women working. Social security and medicare are ended and healthcare returns to a free market system, yet prices do not go down. The government reaffirms its commitment to the War on Drugs and sends the national guard into states that have legalized marijuana to shut down the dispensaries and arrest all involved. That is very realistically where we'll be in 2028 thinking about the direction we are headed. If this were to happen, I think you would see the west coast and the northeast at least down to Virginia secede.

Likewise, Trump could lose in 2020 or could be impeached. A far-left liberal could get in office. It doesn't seem possible now but a lot could change between now and 2020. I firmly believe if we were to have another Obama-like President, we would see secession movements in the former Confederate states.

Either way, we are no longer one nation with 50 states by 2030. What do you think?

None of that is going to happen. Sorry.

Same number of states in 2030 as now.

That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 11:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
The only state on the move is the insane state of democrats.
It will be relocated and off shored in the interest of prosperity.
Beach party send off then there will be "peace in the valley".

Old 10-05-2018, 11:19 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The only state on the move is the insane state of democrats.
It will be relocated and off shored in the interest of prosperity.
...the most prosperous states are majority Democrat.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:47 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Congressman warns US heading towards civil war – 31% of Americans agree...
https://www.rt.com/usa/431161-americ...ivil-war-poll/

Old 10-06-2018, 12:08 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
Its far more likely we will have 50+ states.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:25 AM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Congressman warns US heading towards civil war – 31% of Americans agree...
https://www.rt.com/usa/431161-americ...ivil-war-poll/
Literal Russian propaganda.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:29 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
There will be always 50 States or more States in our future... I see States like California, Colorado and Washington splitting into two or more States. Washington State is a good example... Both Western Washington and Eastern Washington are totally different and have basically nothing in common... The western part, very liberal and have a tech economy. The eastern part, very conservative and have a agriculture based economy.

Yes, the western part is more populated and pulls in more money than the eastern part of the State.

Regardless of what we think or feel, no State will succeed from the Union because, its not going to happen... Period.

The Left better not hope for a Civil War because I would put money on the fact that more people on the Right have more guns and know how to use them than a Liberal with his/her rape whistle, air horn or bear spray. Plus, more important, many will have either or both military or police training... And basically knows how to simply fist fight better too. Also, I'm sure that if the Army and Marines had to choose a side in a true Civil War, the majority of our ground fighting forces will lean to the conservative side... If it ever came to that, but as I said earlier, this isn't going to happen.

Last edited by bergun; 10-06-2018 at 12:42 AM..

Old 10-06-2018, 12:36 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can think of two scenarios. Trump wins a second term in 2020 and then Pence in 2024. With a conservative SCOTUS, Roe v Wade and Obergefell is reversed and red states immediately ban gay marriages. After that, they go after the school prayer decision and successfully get school-sponsored prayer back in schools. Schools can also choose to teach creationism/intelligent design instead of evolution if the school district votes on it. The government passes an anti-gay propaganda law to ban all positive mentions of homosexuality in the media, in essence sending gays back into the closet. Laws requiring equal pay for women are repealed which leads to fewer women working. Social security and medicare are ended and healthcare returns to a free market system, yet prices do not go down. The government reaffirms its commitment to the War on Drugs and sends the national guard into states that have legalized marijuana to shut down the dispensaries and arrest all involved. That is very realistically where we'll be in 2028 thinking about the direction we are headed. If this were to happen, I think you would see the west coast and the northeast at least down to Virginia secede.

Likewise, Trump could lose in 2020 or could be impeached. A far-left liberal could get in office. It doesn't seem possible now but a lot could change between now and 2020. I firmly believe if we were to have another Obama-like President, we would see secession movements in the former Confederate states.

Either way, we are no longer one nation with 50 states by 2030. What do you think?
This is rather silly conjecture because it imagines that there are only two possible routes. Of course, there are infinite variations on what the future may hold, really to the point that there is no point in such conjecture. I would only like to comment that Obama was not far left. Many liberals feel that he was much too accommodating to the Republicans, and failed to bring forward many items on the liberal agenda.

At any rate, the reality will most likely be between your two extremes, but who knows where. We do have choices, you know. The future is not predestined.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:38 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
This is rather silly conjecture because it imagines that there are only two possible routes. Of course, there are infinite variations on what the future may hold, really to the point that there is no point in such conjecture. I would only like to comment that Obama was not far left. Many liberals feel that he was much too accommodating to the Republicans, and failed to bring forward many items on the liberal agenda.

At any rate, the reality will most likely be between your two extremes, but who knows where. We do have choices, you know. The future is not predestined.
Oh I agree that Obama wasn't that far left. However, the majority of Trump-supporting America perceive that he was, largely due to the propaganda they've been fed by Fox News and hate radio.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
The drug war WILL continue despite which political party has all the power at any given time...keep in mind, it was under Obama that Govt/ DEA cracked down on opioid prescription drugs...not sure how that happened as normally dems are totally against tough drug laws, so...?

I think the DEA and probably a few other Govt agencies just do what they want, no matter who is in office or which party holds the reigns of power. I remember awhile back when those bath salts were starting to become a problem, the DEA acted EXTREMELY fast and created laws to restrict sales and access to them in general...Normally it takes months and years to create such laws..so how did they get this done so fast I wonder, its like they do what they feel is best whenever they want.

The same could be said of a few other fed agencies too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies