Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will we still be one nation of 50 states in 2030?
Yes 69 75.82%
No 22 24.18%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 09:11 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I say we give the Trump supporters their own country and surround it with a razor wired fence and man with men in towers with guns.

They can name it what they want and live how they want this is the territory I'm willing to give them.
Funny how liberals think fences will work, except when it comes to defending the American border. Almost like they aren't really Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 09:15 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I say we give the Trump supporters their own country and surround it with a razor wired fence and man with men in towers with guns.

They can name it what they want and live how they want this is the territory I'm willing to give them.
Just give a grace period for people in Trumpland to immigrate to the free United States before the split. I live right in the middle of that area.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:21 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Of course the US will have 50 states, as I don't seriously believe any state will actually vote to leave the US.

What America needs to do is concentrate on healing a lot of division in the country as the present Administration is just making the wounds and division ever greater.
Liberals and their media lapdogs have been dividing America for decades, it didn't start with Trump but the left has absolutely cranked up their divisiveness to 11 since he was elected. You don't really think that liberals and liberal media spending over 90% of their coverage on negative stories or partisan opinion pieces is doing ANYTHING to "heal division in the country" do you? You don't think the media, supported by Democrat politicians, spending 95% of their time covering totally unfounded rape accusations against Kavanaugh and 5% on his denying them is doing anything other than making the wounds and division ever greater do you?

You don't think democrat politicians saying this is healing division?

if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere.

The people are going to turn on them. They're going to protest. They're going to absolutely harass them until they decide that they're going to tell the President, 'No, I can't hang with you.'

It isn't Trump making the wounds and division ever greater it's liberals and the liberal media.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:24 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Liberals and their media lapdogs have been dividing America for decades, it didn't start with Trump but the left has absolutely cranked up their divisiveness to 11 since he was elected. You don't really think that liberals and liberal media spending over 90% of their coverage on negative stories or partisan opinion pieces is doing ANYTHING to "heal division in the country" do you? You don't think the media, supported by Democrat politicians, spending 95% of their time covering totally unfounded rape accusations against Kavanaugh and 5% on his denying them is doing anything other than making the wounds and division ever greater do you?

You don't think democrat politicians saying this is healing division?

if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere.

The people are going to turn on them. They're going to protest. They're going to absolutely harass them until they decide that they're going to tell the President, 'No, I can't hang with you.'

It isn't Trump making the wounds and division ever greater it's liberals and the liberal media.
Have you watched much liberal media?

Most of the hate and venom I see are coming from right-wing media sources and Trump supporters. Of course Fox News will show the most despicable fringes of the left because they know it triggers you. That's how they work.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:26 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Maybe 52, PR and Reunified Northern Marianas and Guam are possible. Otherwise this is all nonsense.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:08 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
There will be always 50 States or more States in our future... I see States like California, Colorado and Washington splitting into two or more States. Washington State is a good example... Both Western Washington and Eastern Washington are totally different and have basically nothing in common... The western part, very liberal and have a tech economy. The eastern part, very conservative and have a agriculture based economy.

Yes, the western part is more populated and pulls in more money than the eastern part of the State.
Eastern WA is not self sustainable. Among other things, they just implemented a state wide property tax for schools that effectively takes money from the wealthier west side to supplement schools in the east.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:18 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Opiods and marijuana aren't the same thing. Marijuana is harmless enough that it should not be illegal (note I didn't say it's completely harmless). It's also not physically addictive meaning a person can stop with willpower alone. Republicans though want to keep marijuana criminalized because they believe they are protecting the moral fabric of our society. In reality it's because of the private prison industry and Big Pharma, but the way the GOP sells it to the masses is that it's the devils lettuce and should be banned in an effort to keep young people on God's path.
If 'big pharma' was THAT powerful and influential, I think they would have been able to get the tough prescription drug laws dropped, when you consider how much money they were bringing in when Oxy and other drugs were flying off the shelf..they lost millions when opioids were heavily regulated.

Imo, keeping ALL drugs illegal is more to benefit the drug cartels and the illegal drug trade (including marijuana), if you look at all the drug laws and regulation, they benefit the cartels quite a bit, the crackdown on opioids cut out the competition for them and transferred all the former pill poppers to cartel for heroin.

I wonder if all those 'good moral people' realize the drug cartels want drugs to remain illegal as much as they do?!!!

Old 10-06-2018, 10:23 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Divide Washington into two states. Then eastern Washington won't have to deal with King county's idiocy.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:37 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Curious if California will still be one state by 12/31/2030. There have been proposals of splitting into 2 or 3 separate states. Well, even if that happens, I think those 2-3 new states would still be one collective state called "California" from a geographic standpoint.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:37 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can think of two scenarios. Trump wins a second term in 2020 and then Pence in 2024. With a conservative SCOTUS, Roe v Wade and Obergefell is reversed and red states immediately ban gay marriages. After that, they go after the school prayer decision and successfully get school-sponsored prayer back in schools. Schools can also choose to teach creationism/intelligent design instead of evolution if the school district votes on it. The government passes an anti-gay propaganda law to ban all positive mentions of homosexuality in the media, in essence sending gays back into the closet. Laws requiring equal pay for women are repealed which leads to fewer women working. Social security and medicare are ended and healthcare returns to a free market system, yet prices do not go down. The government reaffirms its commitment to the War on Drugs and sends the national guard into states that have legalized marijuana to shut down the dispensaries and arrest all involved. That is very realistically where we'll be in 2028 thinking about the direction we are headed. If this were to happen, I think you would see the west coast and the northeast at least down to Virginia secede.

Likewise, Trump could lose in 2020 or could be impeached. A far-left liberal could get in office. It doesn't seem possible now but a lot could change between now and 2020. I firmly believe if we were to have another Obama-like President, we would see secession movements in the former Confederate states.

Either way, we are no longer one nation with 50 states by 2030. What do you think?
I think, you think "Man in the High Castle" is real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies