Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will we still be one nation of 50 states in 2030?
Yes 69 75.82%
No 22 24.18%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 10:42 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Funny how liberals think fences will work, except when it comes to defending the American border. Almost like they aren't really Americans.
80% or so of illegal aliens currently in the United States are VISA overstays. No wall can stop that. The wall is no more than a symbol, at one heck of a cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 11:04 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can think of two scenarios. Trump wins a second term in 2020 and then Pence in 2024. With a conservative SCOTUS, Roe v Wade and Obergefell is reversed and red states immediately ban gay marriages. After that, they go after the school prayer decision and successfully get school-sponsored prayer back in schools. Schools can also choose to teach creationism/intelligent design instead of evolution if the school district votes on it. The government passes an anti-gay propaganda law to ban all positive mentions of homosexuality in the media, in essence sending gays back into the closet. Laws requiring equal pay for women are repealed which leads to fewer women working. Social security and medicare are ended and healthcare returns to a free market system, yet prices do not go down. The government reaffirms its commitment to the War on Drugs and sends the national guard into states that have legalized marijuana to shut down the dispensaries and arrest all involved. That is very realistically where we'll be in 2028 thinking about the direction we are headed. If this were to happen, I think you would see the west coast and the northeast at least down to Virginia secede.

Likewise, Trump could lose in 2020 or could be impeached. A far-left liberal could get in office. It doesn't seem possible now but a lot could change between now and 2020. I firmly believe if we were to have another Obama-like President, we would see secession movements in the former Confederate states.

Either way, we are no longer one nation with 50 states by 2030. What do you think?

Didn't vote cause don't know. Just no telling.

Nice dream rundown, but just dems banning guns will do it for me. I'm sick of the dems force feeding their homosexual agenda down everyone's throat. Then when you disagree homosexuality is as wholesome as apple pie, they lay the homophobic bull-s on you.

The dems are hell-bent on turning America in Mexico. Even if there was a breakup, Mexico would move closer to the conservative states as the dems would take down the borders.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:33 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,307 times
Many states are short of water now. Oil shortages will cripple the nation in the next decade. Interstate and intrastate fights for resources will do some of the splitting. Population will drop in some states as hurricanes, flooding, and drought make them uninhabitable. If there is still a nation called the USA, it will be smaller.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:38 AM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
States aren't seceding. That was tried before. Everyone sees how well that worked out of those states.

The political situation is locked in. The only way to change it would be by constitutional amendment. But that would require many states voting against their own best interest, so it isn't happening.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:40 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
We need to bring back the Pledge of Allegiance to our schools.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
I can see a split happening especially if the deep Red states start going after civil rights laws, try and bring back segregation, gay executions, biblical sharia law etc. via the Supreme Court and Presidency.

Hopefully minorities will be given enough time to relocate as refugees to blue states when that happens.
I'm not a minority but give me time to relocate to a solid blue state! Currently I live in a blue city in a red state but that won't be good enouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Curious if California will still be one state by 12/31/2030. There have been proposals of splitting into 2 or 3 separate states. Well, even if that happens, I think those 2-3 new states would still be one collective state called "California" from a geographic standpoint.
Yes, those have been proposals. Right now, the state of CA has the same number of representative as Montana. Something wrong with that picture. Break up california into separate states/

Old 10-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,706 times
The future of America is for a dem takeover in D.C. Once that happens they will take down the borders, hand out free needles and drugs and ramp up their globalist agenda to full throttle. America will be on the fast track to ruin.

For all practical purposes, China is already the world leader. Just look at how many products you have that are made in America. And without the Mexicans to feed us we would starve.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:43 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The drug war WILL continue despite which political party has all the power at any given time...keep in mind, it was under Obama that Govt/ DEA cracked down on opioid prescription drugs...not sure how that happened as normally dems are totally against tough drug laws, so...?

I think the DEA and probably a few other Govt agencies just do what they want, no matter who is in office or which party holds the reigns of power. I remember awhile back when those bath salts were starting to become a problem, the DEA acted EXTREMELY fast and created laws to restrict sales and access to them in general...Normally it takes months and years to create such laws..so how did they get this done so fast I wonder, its like they do what they feel is best whenever they want.

The same could be said of a few other fed agencies too.
This is why a lot of people believe that the presidents are just puppets, and that these agencies are answering to someone we know nothing about.

I bet the CIA does it's own thing too, regardless of who is sitting in the White House. It's why we keep bombing these countries even though we have had two presidents now that said they would get us out of war.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
This is why a lot of people believe that the presidents are just puppets, and that these agencies are answering to someone we know nothing about.

I bet the CIA does it's own thing too, regardless of who is sitting in the White House. It's why we keep bombing these countries even though we have had two presidents now that said they would get us out of war.
Probably plenty of agencies are doing their own thing. How can one man control all that?

Old 10-06-2018, 12:46 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
The future of America is for a dem takeover in D.C. Once that happens they will take down the borders, hand out free needles and drugs and ramp up their globalist agenda to full throttle. America will be on the fast track to ruin.

For all practical purposes, China is already the world leader. Just look at how many products you have that are made in America. And without the Mexicans to feed us we would starve.
I won't be surprised that many of our congressmen and women are secretly working for China. Diane Feinstein was probably feeding them intel the whole time, and finally got caught with a spy driving for her for 20 years. This is just one person that was caught. How many more are still hiding in the shadows? Same politicians that defend trade with China are also the same ones who want open borders, ban the second amendment and want to use regulations, fees and taxes to destroy American businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies