Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 05:22 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,947,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
You have to think of some of the hypocrisy on the Court. In the 2000s, Judge Roberts let the Obamacare Act stand... as a tax. This totally went against everything Big O told us to get it passed, he said it would wash the dishes in the sink and wake us up in the morning, it was a magical bill. It took Trump to end that foolishness, and now New Jersey apparently thinks it is a good idea again, following Massachusett's disastrous lead. NJ really is Mass Lite.

So, for the balances of power, the Constitution gives us the foundations of the country... meaning, The 2nd Amendment will now be the bane of whiny little liberal's existence.

I am so sick of hearing about Obama this or Trump that
I don't give a GD about Trump or Obama

They are f* establishment cockroaches.

F* man up and stand for principles on what is right and wrong, not what party members tell.
I am so F* sick of partisan hacks in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But what are the odds the government is going to physically harm or kill you because of the Patriot Act? I'm against open borders and the Patriot Act.
I am against open borders as well, and yet the cheap labor express still dominates Washington DC which is the SWAMP.

Not a dam thing has changed in that regard.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...filling-it-up/

Trump like Obama have done nothing about this:

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...filling-it-up/
Drain the swamp? Lobbyists are filling it up

President Donald Trump promised to drain the swamp. Instead, it’s filling up.

For the first time since 2007, the number of registered lobbyists along with federal lobbying spending each went up, reversing annual declines that began a decade ago.

In all, $3.37 billion was spent on federal lobbying last year, up 7 percent from $3.15 billion in 2016. The increase comes after declines in spending five of the previous six years, rising less than 1 percent the other year.

The 7-percent gain is the largest year-to-year bump since former President George W. Bush’s final year in office in 2008. A crackdown on lobbyists by the Obama administration curtailed years of free spending, which rose from $1.6 billion in 2000 to a record $3.5 billion in 2010.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:26 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD7qzH4ob3Y

I believe he is not guilty of any of these sexual assault charges. The Democrats slandering him with these allegations are despicable.

But the fact he helped get The Patriot Act passed does give me pause in my support for him.

"The documents show that Kavanaugh assisted in the effort to pass the Patriot Act and drafted a statement that President Bush incorporated in the bill signing. Kavanaugh wrote that the PATRIOT Act will “update laws authorizing government surveillance,” which he claimed, and President Bush then restated, were from an era of “rotary phones.” In fact, the PATRIOT Act weakened numerous U.S. privacy laws"
[link to epic.org (secure)]

I know you can say he was just doing his job, but in this action he helped to erode some of the protections afforded by the constitution. He does as you put it "play ball".
You're late to the party. I've posted this clip at least 3 times in various threads over the past two weeks.

Crickets.

Nobody cares about freedom. It's just Team Red vs Team Blue in here.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
As Ben Swann Laid it out, reps on neither side care about our privacy. Supreme Court is our last line of defense and it is under siege to be utterly replaced by those who will tow their nominating party’s line rather than be defenders of our rights in the Constitution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiObm7dtcyA
They are pretty much the enemy of the people of this country then.
Both parties are a joke in this country.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're late to the party. I've posted this clip at least 3 times in various threads over the past two weeks.

Crickets.

Nobody cares about freedom. It's just Team Red vs Team Blue in here.
Exactly
Because of forum policies, I am really holding back what needs to be done with these people.
It is like banging ones head into the wall and nothing will wake them up.

The "Red Team" and the "Blue Team" are exactly responsible for the condition this country is in.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:28 PM

5,887 posts, read 3,879,377 times
Quote:
President Donald Trump promised to drain the swamp. Instead, it’s filling up.
Can't rep you again but you're a refreshing voice of reason on this site. Everytime I ask the Trump cultists that question, I can never get an answer.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:30 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,106,301 times
Quote:
How could anyone be ok with this?
Because 99.999999% of Democrats and Republicans are completely mindless morons.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
As Ben Swann Laid it out, reps on neither side care about our privacy. Supreme Court is our last line of defense and it is under siege to be utterly replaced by those who will tow their nominating party’s line rather than be defenders of our rights in the Constitution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiObm7dtcyA
Ben Swann is a national treasure, and a hero to boot. Guy has (guts) as big as boulders.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:33 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,479,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Because most voters have pea brains, short attention spans, limited intellectual capacity, and thus can't be bothered with fundamental, meaningful issues.

It is much easier for 80% of the country to whoop and holler with inane childish schoolkid remarks than to actually
THINK.
You want to read stupid, childish, sandbox ignorant, and irrelevant, read this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...kavanaugh.html

At least ten more went on the ignore list in the last ten minutes.

This is today's electorate - doesn't provide one much hope for future of this country.

Clearly, we're on our way out.

Great post. As you know, Trump could have nominated the devil himself and his supporters and republicans in the senate would have cheered it. Sad day for America.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But what are the odds the government is going to physically harm or kill you because of the Patriot Act? I'm against open borders and the Patriot Act.
Governments around the world killed over 200 million people during the 20th century alone. Government by its very nature is evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies