Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 08:24 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times

Advertisements

Colin Powell 2020. Make the GOP great (and moral) again. I'm guessing trumpbots aren't voting for a black Republican though....

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/41...-we-the-people

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on Sunday said he doesn't believe President Trump can be a moral leader, adding that it has become "me the president" for Trump, instead of "we the people."

"My favorite three words in our Constitution is the first three words - 'We the People.' 'We the People.' But recently it's become 'me the president,' as opposed to 'We the People.' And you see things that should not be happening," the former U.S. Army general said on CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS."

Powell pointed to Trump's attacks on the press, which the president has dubbed "the enemy of the people," as well as his tendency to insult his opponents and different groups of people.

"How can a president of the United States get up and say that the media is the enemy of Americans? Hasn't he read the First Amendment? You're not supposed to like everything the press says or what anyone says in the First Amendment," Powell said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 08:27 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
It's "me the President" making America great again for "we the people". You didn't want to run for the presidency some years ago Powell so you were all about me the retired general.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
It's "me the President" making America great again for "we the people". You didn't want to run for the presidency some years ago Powell so you were all about me the retired general.
Tyranny by the minority, against anyone who isn't a white male

Old 10-07-2018, 08:34 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I wish upon WISH that Colin Powell would have run for president. There is a rare example of a man who truly cared about the country and had a refined sense of integrity.

I remember one particular time when he had to go along with something that he did not believe in when he was secretary of state for Bush. He did as he was instructed, he had no choice, but you could tell by the look on his face that he was not pleased. The man wanted to do what was right.

Maybe we should be choosing our presidents and congressmen from the ranks of veterans, not from businessmen.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:35 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Powell had a chance to run and people encouraged him to do so but he was afraid to do it. He won’t run.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:36 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Colin Powell 2020. Make the GOP great (and moral) again. I'm guessing trumpbots aren't voting for a black Republican though....

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/41...-we-the-people

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on Sunday said he doesn't believe President Trump can be a moral leader, adding that it has become "me the president" for Trump, instead of "we the people."

"My favorite three words in our Constitution is the first three words - 'We the People.' 'We the People.' But recently it's become 'me the president,' as opposed to 'We the People.' And you see things that should not be happening," the former U.S. Army general said on CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS."

Powell pointed to Trump's attacks on the press, which the president has dubbed "the enemy of the people," as well as his tendency to insult his opponents and different groups of people.

"How can a president of the United States get up and say that the media is the enemy of Americans? Hasn't he read the First Amendment? You're not supposed to like everything the press says or what anyone says in the First Amendment," Powell said.
Interesting, chopchop. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:36 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Powell had a chance to run and people encouraged him to do so but he was afraid to do it. He won’t run.
Maybe he'll run as a Democrat

One of the Reason's why Powell said he was supporting Obama was "he wasnt getting us into any new military conflicts". This was prior to Obozo destroying Libya, attempting an overthrow in Syria, and funding attacks in Yemen.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-07-2018 at 08:48 PM..

Old 10-07-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Maybe he'll run as a Democrat
I'll vote for him as a green candidate lol, anyone to get the moron out and bring dignity back to the oval office

Old 10-07-2018, 08:39 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Nobody cares for Colin polyp

Old 10-07-2018, 08:39 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Colin Powell is a good example of AA taking someone far beyond their ability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies