Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 06:23 PM

18,407 posts, read 7,039,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't know how you felt about Obama, but if you would like to know how this much "hate" came about, just take a look at the last few decades. The hate started when the GOP decided to go after Bill Clinton with bile and venom like we never saw before. (Fun fact--Kavanaugh was involved with viciously going after Clinton).

Then we'll move on to the Gore/Bush race. Bush did not win and everyone knows it. The SCOTTS appointed him after that witch Katherine Harris (Bush BFF) forced the end of the count in Florida. George Bush DID NOT win the popular vote.

Then Obama won both the electoral and popular vote twice. And the right did not like it. McConnell and his cabal decided their highest priority was blocking Obama at every turn and making him look as bad as they possibly could. Lots of hate started at Obama's inauguration (the one that was bigger than Trump's) and the Tea Party obstructionist and haters just came on full force with HATE for 8 years.

Now we have yet another mimbo who was not elected by the majority of the people, acting like a dictator and a very ignorant one at that. Maybe the majority is simply sick of having a smaller group of mostly rural people in the minority making a lot of bad rules that affect the majority.

Now they want to talk about hate? After they've been at it for decades?

I despise (call it whatever you like) Trump and MiniMe unapologetically. They do not represent most Americans. Trump is governing for 25% of the country and the rest of us don't like having a moron who is also a pig of a man attempting to run the country. Thank god for Anonymous.

For the millionth time......

Presidential elections are not decided by the popular vote.

It's as irrelevant as the color of Hillary's pantsuits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 07:20 PM

52,454 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, if Rush Limbaugh and his ilk were banned from the airwaves that would be a start. And to all you folks who simply adore InfoWars and Breitbart, you should keep in mind that hate begets hate.
it's such a shame this forum doesn't allow us to give negative rep...

Old 10-06-2018, 10:12 PM
JRR

8,137 posts, read 5,601,564 times
The word Hate sure does get tossed around a lot. So many times I see those who do not approve of the current administration being labeled as someone who would "Hate America" or "Hate Freedom" or "Hate Liberty".

Old 10-06-2018, 10:15 PM

37,091 posts, read 42,078,286 times
MSM is the worst since they feed people a steady diet of angst and don't offer anything but gloom, doom and fear. They also are the ones telling people what "hate speech" is, so there is no good way to have debates anymore.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:08 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,909,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How about quoting us some examples of what you consider to be actual, real "hate" from those sources?

Have the hyperbole
and get down to specifics.
Sure, although I would have thought that those on the right would already be aware of many of these. Also I'm a little uncertain as to what you mean by "have the hyperbole."

The following quotes are from all over the Internet. Google pointed me toward them all beginning with these from Rush Limbaugh:

Quote:
"I prefer to call the most obnoxious feminists what they really are: feminazis."

"If you feed them, if you feed the children, three square meals a day during the school year, how can you expect them to feed themselves in the summer? Wanton little waifs and serfs dependent on the State. Pure and simple."

“Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?â€

“From this day forward, somebody propose it, liberals should not be allowed to buy guns. It’s just that simple. Liberals should have their speech controlled and not be allowed to buy guns. I mean if we want to get serious about this, if we want to face this head on, we’re gonna have to openly admit, liberals should not be allowed to buy guns, nor should they be allowed to use computer keyboards or typewriters, word processors or e-mails, and they should have their speech controlled. If we did those three or four things, I can’t tell you what a sane, calm, civil, fun-loving society we would have. Take guns out of the possession, out of the hands of liberals, take their typewriters and their keyboards away from ‘em, don’t let ‘em anywhere near a gun, and control their speech. You would wipe out 90% of the crime, 85 to 95% of the hate, and a hundred percent of the lies from society.â€
(Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/lists/au...imbaugh_quotes)

Now, I'm sure that most conservatives reading these Limbaugh quotes think they're cute or funny. Conservatives think this stuff is completely harmless and I can't wait for all their replies calling me a "liberal snowflake" with a bad case of TDS. So, I translated Rush into what Hillary or Bernie might say in his place:

I prefer to call the most obnoxious misogynists what they really are: Brett Kavanaugh - or if you prefer the more traditional term: male chauvinist pigs .

"If you don't confront them, if you don't confront these right wing fascists in public places like restaurants, how will they ever know how much we despise them? Wanton grifters and con artists dependent on the money they've embezzled from the State. Pure and simple. Just ask Donald Trump Jr.

Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of white supremacists resemble Donald Trump?

From this day forward conservatives should not be allowed to buy guns. In fact, the guns that right wingers already have should be confiscated. If we want to meet this head on, Republicans should not be allowed to use ANYTHING to communicate with each other or with the rest of the world. Take away their pencils and pens. Take away their paper not to mention their computer and typewriters. If conservatives are completely controlled in every possible way, think how wonderful society would be. In fact it would be more than just fun - it would be a blast!

Alex Jones:

Quote:
“Just like the Bible says, it’s basically an intergalactic invasion into this space through people. I’m telling you, it’s what all the ancients said. It’s what they warned of. It’s what we’re dealing with. They’re demons! They’re frickin’ interdimensional invaders OK? I’ll just say it, make fun of me all you want on CNN or wherever, but everyone already innately knows this. These people are not frickin’ humans OK! Hillary Clinton is a goddamn demon!â€

"A lot of liberal women, as you know, the new thing is having a jihadi... There’s nothing sexier than a jihadi because it’s so fun to have him step on your head and kick you in the gut. Now, if the man treats you good and loves Jesus, he’s bad. But if he kicks you in the teeth and stomps on you, it’s liberal, it’s trendy, you go smoke hookah with him, and it’s fun."
Hillary:

Donald Trump is a goddamn demon!

A lot of conservative women have fantasies about being gang raped by Brett Kavanaugh and Steve Judge. Now if a man treats you well and doesn't believe that women should be treated as if we were still living in the time of the Old Testament patriarchy, he's bad. But if he slips a date rape drug in your drink and calls in ten of his best friends to take turns with you, it's conservative, it's trendy, and it's fun!

[b]Steve Bannon:[b]

Quote:
“Birth control makes women unattractive and crazy,â€

“Would you rather your child had feminism or cancer?â€
Bernie:

Since I only sleep with attractive women who are sane, by definition this means I've fathered a large number of children - mostly out of wedlock. Am I a manly man or what?

Would you rather your child was a white supremacist or a meth cook?

Are we having fun yet? Have you suddenly decided to become a flaming liberal (or closet conservative)? I doubt it.

Old 10-07-2018, 04:16 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,470,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

Well, if Rush Limbaugh and his ilk were banned from the airwaves that would be a start. And to all you folks who simply adore InfoWars and Breitbart, you should keep in mind that hate begets hate.
The left has thier little hate groups as well but overall your right banning these people/shows would be a start.

Old 10-07-2018, 04:31 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,596,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The left has thier little hate groups as well but overall your right banning these people/shows would be a start.
Yeah, I remember the founding fathers writing,
"BAN people's voices that I disagree with!"

Old 10-07-2018, 07:55 AM

17,742 posts, read 15,443,527 times
Gotta love how people who claim to support the constitution (you know, that bit 'o paper the founders of the country cobbled together?) spew things like, "everyone who doesn't think the way I do should be silenced and never allowed to speak again!!11!!" and "that whole group of people should be run out and never vote!!11"

Those who say these things have obviously never read the US Constitution or any of its amendments (can they actually read?) or learned about the history of the U.S., or the laws that have been enacted, which btw, is taught in basic civics classes 8th grade. They clearly never learned about wars that many thousands have fought in and died to preserve the freedom and rights guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution.

That level of stupidity and vitriol is increasingly rampant and only highlights the foundational problem.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:57 AM

11,307 posts, read 16,621,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Ban your opponents from free speech?

You ARE 1984.
Very scary.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:59 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,479,823 times

https://townhall.com/political-carto...8/10/07/160444
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies