Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 08:08 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

Another possible sex acandel swept under the rug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 08:08 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
If people had bothered to inform themselves and watch Susan Collins' full speech, which is available on youtube, the first fifteen minutes or so is her reading Kavanaugh's opinions on significant cases the Left worries about: gay rights, abortion, Affordable Care Act and dealing with a sitting President's issues should they come up. His decisions would please every liberal! I was quite surprised. It makes all the public hysteria utter nonsense over nothing.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Sad to see so many people who do not believe in the presumption of innocence and burden of proof, and these people will be sitting on juries.

The regressive crowd, wanting to send us back to the ages where the just the word of mouth is enough to charge and convict someone, and the legitimacy of that word depends on your rank in society.
What has been accomplished is ...

1. The demise of mob rule,
2. Guilty before proven innocent has been rejected.
3. The Dem narrative that you're sexist if you question the accounts of self-proclaimed survivors did not succeed.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:20 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
In the wake of his being sworn in, every single moan, howl and tantrum from the left fills me with sheer glee.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:23 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What has been accomplished is ...

1. The demise of mob rule,
2. Guilty before proven innocent has been rejected.
3. The Dem narrative that you're sexist if you question the accounts of self-proclaimed survivors did not succeed.
Great post. Each of these things is on its own more important than the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If people had bothered to inform themselves and watch Susan Collins' full speech, which is available on youtube, the first fifteen minutes or so is her reading Kavanaugh's opinions on significant cases the Left worries about: gay rights, abortion, Affordable Care Act and dealing with a sitting President's issues should they come up. His decisions would please every liberal! I was quite surprised. It makes all the public hysteria utter nonsense over nothing.
You miss the Point: all that matters is abortion. Why?? Because abortion allows for unfettered sex. Which is actually ALL that matters to leftists (they worship it). Especially leftist women; womens lib and all that jazz.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:24 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
So Pelosi has put in a FOIA for the documents relating to Kavanaugh’s confirmation and looks like Democrat leadership in the House is calling for impeachment proceedings if they get back the majority in the House. They really don’t know how to quit when they’re behind, do they?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aft...ocs-as-dems-fl

Old 10-06-2018, 08:25 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
https://twitter.com/MattBracken48/st...60479588466688

Old 10-06-2018, 08:26 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Bullbleep.

Apparently, this is going to be posted all over. So let ME repeat:

Like the protesters, you're conflating the issue of women's safety and unproven, uncorroborated allegations against a man. They're two different issues.
I am male and the people on the "other side" in both these incidents were male but here goes:
  1. In 6th Grade I was often the victim of being picked on (I hate the word "bullying"). To blunt my complaints the school called my parents and reported, totally falsely, that I had whacked a pick unloading his locker from behind. The result; mandated "Family Counseling";
  2. In 9th Grade, in June 1972 I was chased by "Charlie" through the school corridors and barricaded myself behind doors I could hold closed. Then to comfort myself I went outside and petted a dog, and was bitten. Lousy day? It got worse. They were asked to find a private school for me. I refused to cooperate and the next year was better. They would have expelled me but had no grounds. I waited home that day in a house without power as advance rains of the remnants of Hurricane Agnes pounded and flooded the area. Depressing enough? My parents were asked to see the school principal the next day.
In both cases I had no opportunity to rebut the accusations. I still remember them to this day though I have a poor memory and an IQ of 79.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
50-48 -- not exactly a resounding show of support.
Of course it's not. Dems have changed all the rules and nowadays wouldn't vote for Gandhi or God if he ran as a Republican.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies