Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 08:28 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

All the opposition to Brett Kavanaugh was a complete waste of time.

Why did Christine Ford bother to come forward with her decades-old allegations when she knew that she had no evidence to back up her claims? The world will never know the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 08:29 PM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
To the out of tune "singers"--- Don't quit your day job. Oh wait............this IS your day job.

I like the white guys in the video. While a student at San Francisco State university where such protests were a weekly occurrence I learned quickly how to play the game. Go along with the left and it was a way to meet the ladies. Say what you like about SF State but there certainly were a lot of pretty ladies when I attended in the early 80's. Reagan was the villain at the time.

Last edited by john3232; 10-06-2018 at 08:41 PM..

Old 10-06-2018, 08:30 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Of course it's not. Dems have changed all the rules and nowadays wouldn't vote for Gandhi or God if he ran as a Republican.......
Too bad there is not enough of you. They will win again.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:31 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. A criminal trial is not the same thing as a job interview. This innocent until proven guilty standard does not apply unless someone is on trial for a crime, which Kavanaugh was not. No wonder Republicans have been so suckered by Trump. If they can't tell the difference between a trial and a job interview, they can believe anything anyone says.
But when the accusations are quasi-criminal the burden is still on the accuser. The "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" standard does not apply but the accuser must still present facts, particularly when they are peculiarly within his or her knowledge.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:34 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. A criminal trial is not the same thing as a job interview. This innocent until proven guilty standard does not apply unless someone is on trial for a crime, which Kavanaugh was not. No wonder Republicans have been so suckered by Trump. If they can't tell the difference between a trial and a job interview, they can believe anything anyone says.
I hope there is some way that whenever you and every single member of your family go for a job interview, some sincere-sounding person from the distant past lodges a heineous accusation against you and your family members with the prospective employers. With no evidence.
Now that would be cool!!

Old 10-06-2018, 08:34 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So Pelosi has put in a FOIA for the documents relating to Kavanaugh’s confirmation and looks like Democrat leadership in the House is calling for impeachment proceedings if they get back the majority in the House. They really don’t know how to quit when they’re behind, do they?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aft...ocs-as-dems-fl
The Senate is exempt from FOIA.

This will be all forgotten, they are just posturing for the election, after the election, this will be just a wiki article to read.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:37 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So Pelosi has put in a FOIA for the documents relating to Kavanaugh’s confirmation and looks like Democrat leadership in the House is calling for impeachment proceedings if they get back the majority in the House. They really don’t know how to quit when they’re behind, do they?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aft...ocs-as-dems-fl
The reply from the Senate Judiciary was pure awesomeness.

The Senate Judiciary is double dog daring Nancy to do it.

https://twitter.com/senjudiciary/sta...90957686898689

Old 10-06-2018, 08:37 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The worst case senario is that the particulars will be kicked back to the states. There are states on each coast and at least one in the middle where it will take the annilation of the state by intergalactic forces before abortions will not be obtainable. So, there is no reason to say goodbye to abortions.

Now, if you want to claim that medical professional are soon going to be able to refuse doing them for religious reasons, I could see that being possible.
I'll add to that by saying that Roe is effectively a dead letter in states that would likely forbid abortion such as North Dakota and Nebraska. Pennsylvania, Texas and Georgia, hard-core right to life states in early 1973, have totally changed.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:38 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
The legal standard of presumption of innocence is derived from society, and is instilled in classical liberal values. Everything, from school, to your kids, to the law, engages in this standard. If accused of cheating in school, it does not have to be a court case for me to fight back and ask them to "show proof". If my kid is accused of something, it does not have to be in court for me to as for proof.

These are just desperate straws you are reaching for now. Given that he was under oath, there very well was a damn legal standard involved in this. If a person was found to falsely accuse him, and did so under oath willingly, that person could be prosecuted.

Edit; by the way, this was not a job interview. What interview have you done where lying can potentially put in you prison? This was a confirmation process and a testimony.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:46 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Good one! I saw another Twitter post about Ruth Ellen Ginsberg and Judge Kavanaugh.
https://twitter.com/Richbirdhunter/s...79197829627905
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies