Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 07:56 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Say Goodbye to Abortion

They used exactly the same argument "Goodbye to Abortion" when Thomas, Roberts & Alito were nominated and confirmed ...

Here we are in 2018 .... and guess what?
The 1974 Roe ~v~ Wade decision still stands.

Democrats need a New Playbook ...... the one they have is worn and tattered.
Character Assassination didn't work, but that is still in their old worn and tattered Playbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 07:59 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
In way, it’s good that this happened to Kavanaugh. He knows now first hand the importance of getting a fair hearing, innocent until proven guilty, and the length to which the government will go sometimes to ruin someone. I hope he brings this experience with him to the court.
+10

And I think he will do just that. I don't see him as a judge who will seek personal vengeance - he knows there's important work to get down to.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:00 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
... emotions are running too high for me regarding politics.
Why? Because a President accused of sexual assault nominated
someone accused of sexual assault to the Highest Court in the land?
Or because both were elected to serve us?
Seems Harvey Weinstein picked the wrong profession...
he could have gone far in politics!!!

Hey, that would make a funny bumper sticker!

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
It's when someone's identity is held in confidence ..but then is exposed with further data to identify them . Such as birth name ...date of birth. Schooling . Or home address. Usually thru a third party . Unsure the relevance of your question. Can you expand upon it?

On topic::yup I'm none too pleased with the gloating part of republicans getting over on the dems.
I seriously gained a smidgen of respect for Republicans. .. (minus Trump). But let it go Republicans. ...the dems are going to take lessons from you ...

I've actually been depressed in this recent antics ...I seriously cannot embrace any Democrat that spewed such transparent vitrol to a learned man who's career was on the line. Brett was poised and passionate. I cannot imagine how he maintained control. I am not a violent person but Blumenthal, Booker, Harris and hirino were high on my list for getting slapped with a wet noodle. I take it they have no mirrors in their homes..
I agree with a lot of this post. However, I want to point out something: This may be the first time in recent history that I recall Republicans actually coming out on top in a game of Senate chess. It's like until recently, Republicans were so mealy mouthed and so polite that it was painful to watch them try to negotiate and maneuver in the Senate.

It always reminded me of one of my dad's favorite sayings: "Don't ever fight with someone who's prepared to be more ruthless than you are." For decades I've watched Democratic Senators act outrageously, say the most appalling, inflammatory things, but most importantly, no matter how lowbrow the cause was, they did all stick together, even when Maxine Waters was involved (and that's saying something - not sure what, but it says something).

It's like for the first time in my life, I'm witnessing Republicans pushing back, thinking more than one move ahead, going the distance - and I can't lie and say I don't enjoy seeing a bit more backbone.

27,549 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
In way, it’s good that this happened to Kavanaugh. He knows now first hand the importance of getting a fair hearing, innocent until proven guilty, and the length to which the government will go sometimes to ruin someone. I hope he brings this experience with him to the court.
I agree with this exactly.

The Kavanaugh hearings are going to be a shining example of true justice prevailing over mob rule for many years to come.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:01 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
He's telling the truth. Deal with it. Kavanaugh was treated as guilty until proven innocent. He was portrayed as a low-life drunk ***** by the media and dems.

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Why does he need to be voted out? Because he said "sl ut" and "wh ore?" Have we become a nation of uptight puritanical snowflakes?

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Say Goodbye to Abortion
THE SKY IS FALLING,.THE SKY IS FALLING! Ooops, no it isn't that's just teardrops from the radical left.
Let's be honest (if y'all can), y'alls beloved abortion is not going anywhere. Now if the court were stacked with 8-9 very conservative justices then maybe there'd be some action but not with the current configuration.
It'll NEVER be banned so drop that stupid meme from your lexicon, it ain't going to to happen. In the absolute worst case it'd have some restrictions placed on it like maybe parents have to be notified if a minor wants one or maybe even be kicked back to the states and even if that happened it wouldn't be banned as the voters in those states who tried would rise up and make the state politicians lives hell.

So, y'all can drop the idiotic hysteria...

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
U.S. Constitution.

Anywho, if you're around to see this question, setting aside your anarcho capitalist slant, what do you honestly think about what they've done to and tried to do to Kavanaugh? What do you think about the protesters?
Honestly? It's all a sham to distract from the real issues--like all politics. Both Team Blue and Team Red agree with Kavanaugh's positions on war, domestic spying, and Executive power.

Over a third of rape allegations are false. The leftists know this, but continue to push a “rape culture” narrative, as feminists have conquered their movement. The “protestors” are bread and circuses.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:03 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
At least you have a valid argument against him, not some smear about his high school and college partying days.
Libertarians are the only people who have valid arguments, period--unlike Team Blue and Team Red.

Last edited by rebeldor; 10-07-2018 at 08:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies