Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 02:53 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,782,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I've never been so drunk that I've forgotten what I've done. I've thrown up, fallen asleep (passed out is probably what dramatic people call it), acted silly and been embarrassed the next day, etc. But I think way too many people think that if you have one too many beers you will actually suffer from a form or walking amnesia akin to being on Ambien or something. I honestly don't think it works that way and don't know how this belief is so prevalent. Actually I do, people claim to not remember because they think it gives them a pass, and apparently it does these days. But I'm not buying it.
Passing out from over-consumption of alcohol is not the same as blackout drinking, the latter of which involves the person having consumed so much alcohol that h/she is temporarily unable to form new long-term memories, while relatively maintaining other skills such as talking or even driving.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2800062/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 02:53 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,501,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Pure fantasy and wishful thinking. He WAS at that party and DID assault her.

He just doesn't remember it.

It was, after all 36 years ago, he was only 17 y/o, very drunk, and has done that very same thing or close to it numerous times since - being the extremely heavy drinker he was in his youth.

He was plenty WILD at Yale - supported by the many "drinking buddies" that have come forward.
You should contact the FBI right away since you have concrete evidence he did it. Were you at the party? In the room? Please explain the evidence you possess.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:56 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
You should contact the FBI right away since you have concrete evidence he did it. Were you at the party? In the room? Please explain the evidence you possess.
I was curious about that, as well.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:59 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Arrested and charged with felonies. Worked for Di-Fi and Ms. Jackson Lee.
Thank you. I missed your comment but wanted to acknowledge it. I'm happy to hear this. What has happened to integrity and confidentiality in the workplace? People are really disappointing these days.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:05 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
By all means, show us where "Dr. Ford's credibility has been eroding faster and faster as time goes by." Because all I've read is that the allegations were not backed up by third parties.
You need to broaden your horizons - you are smothering in that Echo Chamber.
This stuff was all posted - LINKS were posted and they came from the Judiciary Committee via sworn on Penalty of Perjury and re-checked by the FBI in their background checks. Add to all that the information found about the woman that helped Blasey Ford (or conned her) bring forth the allegations. Her best friend forever - the FBI/DOJ agent that helped her write the letter. Ford actually gave information in her testimony to confirm that - The Rachel Mitchell questions to Ford and her answers to those questions were devastating to Ford's credibility.

None of it matters now -- Kavanaugh is confirmed. We will discover later if there is an ongoing investigation into how this all happened and who knew what -- when.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:06 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,460,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If you went to a small get together with your best friend and y’all were the only two girls there, would you remember that party if your friend went upstairs and then two of the only four other people there followed her up there and your friend never returned even after they came downstairs?
No. Not 36 years late. Further, being a very young silly girl, I wasn't watching what my friend was doing. I was more interested in talking and flirting with the other boys who were there. That friend had no idea Christine has gone upstairs.

Quote:
Your best friend who did not have a car left you there without telling you? You feel that is easily forgettable?
36 years ago. Who the hell remembers what happened 36 years ago unless it was VERY MUCH OUT OF THE ORDINARY.

Like she was assaulted.

As far as that VERY YOUNG GIRL - 15 y/o friend was concerned - nothing happened. She was busy talking to others and wasn't paying attention. Therefore, that party which occurred 36 years ago is forgotten.

It REALLY IS as simple as that.

Quote:
My contention is something like this happened to her a year or two later, when she had her own car, and she’s conflating the two. Her own timeline changed over time, and she only decided it was 1982 about the time she started talking to her lawyers and it was determined that Kavanaugh would have been away at college by the time she had a driver’s license. But in my opinion her not having a car makes her whole story fall apart, considering her friend doesn’t recall such a party or ever meeting Kavanaugh.
BS. I was assaulted "about" 20 years ago as I said before. All I remember is who did it, that it was a late afternoon on a Saturday and maybe Aug/Sept. in my workplace. Can't be sure of the year - somewhere late 90's/early 2000's.

BUT, I sure as hell remember who did it.

I didn't report it because I'm from the "boys will be boys generation," have always expected men will do things they shouldn't and try to avoid it if I can - but on this day I was taken by surprise and cornered, nothing "really" happened other than a lot of groping, grabbing - and any consequence had I reported it would be all out of proportion to the actual event and give it more significance than warranted.

Geez...... the rationalization of an inconvenient truth explains why people believe the Trump lies. There truly is an alternate universe.

Oh, Kavanaugh did it all right.

That said, I've repeatedly said the allegation should never have seen the light of day because of Kav's youth. Drunk 17 y/o sex-obsessed boys do stupid stuff. They shouldn't have it haunt them their entire lives. That event had no bearing on his qualifications today for SCJ.

However, his dissembling, paranoia and partisanship does. I was neutral on his appointment prior to his tirade.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:14 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,210,249 times
Just read that the Senate Judiciary committee may open an investigation into the leaking of the Ford letter and how the whole thing was handled....

Old 10-07-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Mark my words, it’s now only a matter of time before the leftist mob begins assassinating Republicans.
Kinda like this Teacher from Minnesota ......

Samantha Ness, Her Minnesota teaching license #506745

Old 10-07-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
None of her lies were believable. What completely blew her story was her friend who said she didn't even know Kavanaugh. Plus none of the rest of it held water.
The FBI sent over another report the morning of the hearing -- all were informed they sent additional data. Blakey-Ford named witness Leyland told the FBI that Monica McClean (the FBI/DOJ close friend of Ford's) and others tried to get her to change her testimony to confirm Ford's story. She refused - after all, she was aware that would be a Felony.

Susan Collins spent over 2 hours on Friday reading the FBI reports AND then she went back on Saturday morning to read the new data the FBI sent over.

Consider this ...... those reports were available to everyone and STILL it was only Joe Mansion (D) that voted for Kavanaugh. All of the Democrats KNEW that the FBI was unable to verify ANY of Ford's story.
3 pieces came out about Monica McClean.

1). Blasey Ford gave her coaching about taking a Polygraph test years ago when she interviewed with FBI.
2). McClean attempted to get a witness to change her testimony.
3). Blasey Ford testified she was with McClean when she wrote her July 30 letter.

I guess you could add in (4) - Blasey Ford testified that she had no idea how to contact anyone about her story ... McClean would certainly know and she was heavily involved all the way, including her presence at the Hearing.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:36 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,460,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Just read that the Senate Judiciary committee may open an investigation into the leaking of the Ford letter and how the whole thing was handled....
I hope they find the person.

If it was someone trying to 'help' the Democrats, they've done enormous harm to the party, Ford, and Kavanaugh.

If it was a diabolical Trojan Horse mole working in Feinstein's office attempting to make the Democrats look crazy - they've succeeded - in spades.

I'm of the belief this ridiculous circus on what, on its face, was a nothingburger (which is probably why Feinstein sat on it) has done a lot of harm to the Democrats.

I'm struck by the sad face of Kav's oldest daughter at the swearing-in. She will NEVER forget this circus. His kids were hurt the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies