Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 05:57 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Just saying you didn't pay attention to the definition. Rachael Mitchell made that clarification.

It wasn't rape. Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 06:00 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Congratulations to Justice Kavanaugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Kav being sworn in on live TV by President Trump as we speak IS A GREAT MOMENT FOR OUR DEMOCRACY!. #WINNING #MAGA
Thx, just now watching this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
That was really disgusting. Zero class he hss.
The hell you say.

I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Go Judge K! This is a proud moment sir.
Agreed.

This is the first time I've ever been so fascinated with politics.

Quote:
#kav4life!
WooHoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

I'm ready for Round 3 baby!
Bring it Bish

Love the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I truly feel badly for Ginsberg. Although I'm on the opposite side of the political spectrum, to see her so frail is disturbing. I hope she decides to retire soon for non political reasons on my part. She truly needs to spend her remaining time doing what makes her happy in her personal life. Whether you like her or not, she has served the Court honorably for many years and needs to spend the remainder of her life in comfort and without worries.
Isn't she the one who does daily crossfit? She'll probably live to be 96.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-08-2018 at 07:08 PM..

Old 10-08-2018, 06:00 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Trump appologizes to Kavanaugh and his family for the horrible treatment they were forced to endure at the hands of the Democrats.
The Kavanaugh's deserve much more than an apology. They deserve justice. Where is late 1980's to mid 1990's Steven Seagal when you need him the most.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:01 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgowdog View Post
congratulations to justice kavanaugh.
#kav4life!

Old 10-08-2018, 06:04 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
The Kavanaugh's deserve much more than an apology. They deserve justice. Where is late 1980's to mid 1990's Steven Seagal when you need him the most.
If this behavior had occurred back during the Alexander Hamilton/Aaron Burr days, satisfaction surely would have been demanded and required to resolve this matter.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:14 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Justice Kavanaugh! Congrats!

Old 10-08-2018, 06:17 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Except maybe someone whose expertise is psychology - expertise to the point they are considered an expert in the field. They would be well aware of the affect displayed by victims of trauma (sexual or otherwise) but probably not so aware of all the little non-psychological details that should be associated with the partial alledged traumatic event. I can tell you all about how a traumatized child manifests in a classroom to an expert level but I can only explain how they got traumatized to the level of an intelligent, interested party - in other words, while I could very believably portray a traumatized child (were I not an adult) to the level it would likely fool even other expects, there would be holes if I tried to explain a made up event leading to that traumatization.

I have lots, and do means lots, of issues with her claim. It definitely comes nowhere near the “more likely than not” threshold.
I have considered this. What disturbed me most about Ford's testimony was that she did not recall how she got home. It's typical to overlay our own experiences onto a situation. Like others, earlier in this thread I chose to share an event from many years ago where I was profoundly relieved to have gotten out of a similar situation unscathed and well remembered that walk home even though most of the other extraneous details have faded. Why could not Ford? Mitchell appears to have also found this striking.

My take is that Ford would have had to be profoundly traumatized for that detail to have left her. Some noting this have hypothesized she experienced substantial earlier sexual traumas. Maybe. But where I ended up is that this, as Ford testified, is not primarily about sexual trauma. In a young girl, I could understand that a unholy triad - the fear of being accidentally smothered as hands groped with laughter in the background - could have neurologically overwhelmed as all three inputs were simultaneously processed.

And oddly enough, in a setting that a young Kavanaugh might have honestly found harmless. Maybe drunk, he misread cues, irritated he clapped that hand over her mouth, groped then finally let her go. Two young teens in a setting that 40 years later blew up their lives.

The trauma that my young family member struggles with is the fear of death; it is profound with later events often viewed through that lens. But then again, sure, Ford might have faked it. I simply guess not.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:18 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Justice = 25 years, minimum, each, of SC associates Gorsuch and Kavanaugh

Old 10-08-2018, 06:41 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yet again, we see that there is literally no lie that Democrat leftists will not tell.
Ha! Everyone knows they re a bonded pair . Mutual respect for getting away with it..as it were.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:56 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Can we at least agree that Hillary would have been a disaster for the SCOTUS? If its conservative 5 to liberal 4 now( and Roberts is compromised so he's given his decisions and just phones them in) imagine it being 6 liberal to 3 conservative( if you count Roberts). And what would Hillary have nominated? The Clinton /Obama JD was a circus act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies