Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 08:40 PM

5,895 posts, read 3,894,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
All time low female unemployment seems like moving forward.
Trump told us on the campaign trail that the unemployment numbers are fake in order to make politicians in power look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 08:48 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post

Trump told us on the campaign trail that the unemployment numbers are fake in order to make politicians in power look good.
It doesn’t count if Trump says it.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We are not moving forward, at least not women, we are going back in time.
Prove it. What rights have you lost? Are you afraid you might have to pay your own way? Boo freaking hoo. The only parts of America that are going back in time are the places liberals allow sharia law to take hold.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:08 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Prove it. What rights have you lost? Are you afraid you might have to pay your own way? Boo freaking hoo. The only parts of America that are going back in time are the places liberals allow sharia law to take hold.
Are you kidding me. Women do pay their own way. And FYI, some make more than their husbands and have to pay for them lol

Old 10-06-2018, 09:27 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
"What rights have you lost?"

I'm still waiting for someone to answer that one.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:54 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The pendulum swings both ways. Republicans are on top now. That's exciting for you, and it feels to you like "your team" will always be winning. One day - I don't know when - Republicans will take it too far, economy will crash, and Democrats will be on top again. And then they'll go through a similar cycle. That's the way it always works. Look at history.
History usually repeats itself but not always. If it did we would still have the Whig party. I agree the Republicans do seem a little smug at this point. But a little victory dance with how well the economy is, the recent NAFTA deal and with Kavanough getting confirmed is understandable.

What the dems did with Kavanough really stinks. I am a libertarian and loathe both parties but the dems hit a new low. First holding back the info they had on him and then calling him a sex offender with zero proof. The GOP bent over backwards to appease the dems but to them it was not enough.

Whether you agree or now with his ideology he has led a good upstanding life. Slandering him is just partisan mud slinging. I just do not respect that approach. I expect it to backfire.

I sense that the dems are deflated at this point. They keep getting slapped in the face. People gravitate to winners and the GOP is winning now. So the midterms are going to be very interesting. The dems are out of focus. Protests are one thing but do not give you one vote. And it turns off moderate voters who don't like that approach and all the crazy people with signs in the street. Its all about voting and it appears the GOP is much more on target with that. And what is the democrat message? It seems all over the place and convoluted. Yet many dems think the midterms will go very well for them. Just like 2016 was going to go well for them.

My feeling is its going to be a long two years for the dems.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-06-2018 at 10:08 PM..

Old 10-06-2018, 10:04 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,221,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
I have to laugh. Democrats have been getting the popular vote. That should be a wake up call to Republicans.
Yah, their millions of illegals and fictional persons voting....that's got to stop too.

Why won't any blue states allow their electoral rolls to be audited?

You know why. They're hiding the massive fraud.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:11 PM

13,676 posts, read 7,970,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
History usually repeats itself but not always. If it did we would still have the Whig party. I agree the Republicans do seem a little smug at this point. But a little victory dance with how well the economy is, the recent NAFTA deal and with Kavanough getting confirmed is understandable.

I sense that the dems are deflated at this point. They keep getting slapped in the face. People gravitate to winners and the GOP is winning now. So the midterms are going to be very interesting. The dems are out of focus. Protests are one thing but do not give you one vote. And it turns off moderate voters who don't like that approach and all the crazy people with signs in the street. Its all about voting and it appears the GOP is much more on target with that. And what is the democrat message? It seems all over the place and convoluted.

My feeling is its going to be a long two years for the dems.

I`m sure plenty feel demoralized right now.

The Dems with full force of the mainstream media behind them tossed in everything in hopes of killing the nomination.

Yet it not only failed but helped galvanized the Rep base going into the he Nov. election.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:15 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Yah, their millions of illegals and fictional persons voting....that's got to stop too.

Why won't any blue states allow their electoral rolls to be audited?

You know why. They're hiding the massive fraud.
Wow, millions of illegals voting. Why do you parrot Trump without any proof.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:18 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
I have to laugh. Democrats have been getting the popular vote. That should be a wake up call to Republicans.
Which explains a GOP controlled House and Senate how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies