Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will there be a second US civil war at some point?
Yes 53 34.64%
No 100 65.36%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 06:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It's a pity these polls tend to be so damn bad. Trump objects to polls, terming them "fake" if he doesn't like the results. Me, I object to polls that are either too vague in their questions, not transparent about their sources and methodology, or unsubstantiated in their conclusions.

I see no reason for them to say Dems are "fearful," based on the one vague question. The polls seems to have been too half-baked to delve into anything. It would, of course, make sense that Dems would be "fearful" since so many Trumpers are rapid about their guns and spout so much violent rhetoric. But the poll should have been done better.

Or, better still - not. This kind of thing can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Interesting post, though. Thanks.

Most sane people don't think there is any real risk of a civil war. who would we even fight? Would i attack my neighbor 3 doors down? would we give everyone a month to move to blue or red states and then lock up all remaining party members from the "wrong" side? would it be city v rural surrounds?

Do people really think the military in WA would attack Seattle? would someone from CA, fire a nuke at VA? i doubt it.

no there is no chance of war, but PUTIN and some of his shills would love us think that way.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:37 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
And many of those members are among the Democratic make up. If you want to discuss sexual predators in a political party - or church - or school - we can do that.
Currently it s trickle down and across leadership lines of the Republican Party in terms of perpetrators and enablers. And enablers make up the bulk of the swamp employees at the bottom of the Party.

Republicans won so they get the top prizes.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:22 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
There will never again be an actual civil war on the scale of the War Between the States. The way things are now there is just no way seceding states can muster organized forces, establish line of communication, equip and supply, and set up a government of their own. Especially if the federal government represents the force being rebelled against. There's this little matter of force projection in the air on land and at sea seceding states would not have nor would they be able to retain control of needed resources.

A large and organized armed force(s) needs food, medical resources, weapons and scads of ammunition, clothing ( as in actual uniforms) for all extremes of weather, and in a war fighting situation proper command infrastructure that can give it clear objectives tactically and strategically.

Seceding states are likely to be separated today by thousands of miles making clear lines of battle and the latter would be extremely difficult to obtain. Lines of battle would be almost impossible to establish and a clear objective in occupying territory and holding it on the offensive forget it. A real civil war is just not something even likely to happen.

Scattered civil conflict just might take off. Left and right squaring off and duking it out with the government trying to maintain order. But that is not a war. Civil unrest but hardly real civil war. When these civil war threads come up I just don't think that all the permutations are being taken into account as to what actual war entails in modern times.
I agree with everything written here and have thought about it many times in the last year or so. It will be a disaster though, whatever happens. The country is soooo divided.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:32 PM

9,507 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Civil War? Are you crazy? Half of Americans can’t climb two flights of stairs without fainting.

Funny, but true.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:34 PM

9,507 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Will I still have the honor of paying taxes at gunpoint for the new government? That's all I'm concerned about.

Still? I have never, in my 57 years on this earth, have been threatened at gunpoint to pay taxes.
Are you familiar with the phrase "drama queen". If not, look in the nearest mirror.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:49 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Still? I have never, in my 57 years on this earth, have been threatened at gunpoint to pay taxes.
Are you familiar with the phrase "drama queen". If not, look in the nearest mirror.
Try not paying them and see what happens.

Everything government does it at gunpoint.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:50 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Who would fight said war? We have an aged population. It's going to take a great deal of resources caring for the boomers as the years go on. Millennials are far too soft to fight a real war. Maybe a civil war would strengthen all those noodle arms? Unlikely. It would be all the illegals doing the dirty work, for low wages, as usual. Most of them would be heading back to their home country to escape such insanity.

Americans are just going to have to learn to get along, as we always did. It's a big, dangerous world, and we are in it together. If we choose to fight ourselves, we will only succeed in making America an easier target for enemies abroad who want to see this nation fall.
Actually, speaking of illegals and cheap labor, if there was a patriot rebellion against Big Government, I've already determined that our first strike should be against Big Business. We'd go in pretty quickly, armed to the teeth, and tell the Zuckerbergs, the Bezos, the Waltons, the Gates, the Kochs, etc, "Your money and assets or your life!". Otherwise, they'd threaten to pull assets and jobs from any states and groups seceding. That much was made clear when the Gaystapo and the Transtapo threatened states and cities that wouldn't bow down to the radical Gay/Trans Agenda. Also, they throw fits when they don't get their cheap labor (whether illegals or H1Bs). Plus, they are also behind the Common Core brainwashing, as they hope to get rich data mining kids. So I figure these guys have to be taken out FIRST (well, 2nd, the media would have to fall first so they wouldn't sway public opinion against us.) After we have the media fallen and the corporate buttheads down, I think it could actually work, as we could now sustain ourselves with the confiscated assets to pull off state secession. As without the corporate buttheads around, they couldn't give our data to the NSA nor could they threaten to pull jobs or whatever in order to blackmail us into staying loyal to our DC slavemasters.

Naturally, our next move would be to ambush the armed bureaucrats like EPA guys, DOE guys, etc, take them out, and take their guns to arm our guys. Next, we'd take the assets of all loyalist politicians in state and local governments.

At this point, we'd call upon the military to join our side, and hopefully we would. Then, once we throw out and execute the traitors in DC, we break from the UN and execute all UN loyalists and take their assets. Then we rinse and repeat the same thing by supporting Brexit supporters in the UK and taking down Brexit opponents and EU supporters. Then, eventually we take down the EU and hang Merkel.

Eventually, we get to Soros and the Rothchildes and hang them on public TV for crimes against humanity.

Then we will have world peace once the globalists are all dead.

That's how it seems we could do it.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:00 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Democrats with their mob rule, their encouragement of violence toward any opposing views, their character assasinating, dividing us up and creating tensions over race/gender/religion, and their guilty until proven innocent agenda have revealed a scary vision for the future If they take over congress in November midterms.

And I think there is a large number who are getting gd tired of it and beginning to worry that they are going to have to put them down hard. It's a bit like how the US will listen for years to a third world banana republic dictator run their mouth and make their threats and stir up trouble, when it crosses the line the storm will be relentless and merciless.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:05 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Even the best case of a fast victory would result in the US becoming a 2nd or 3rd tier nation subject to the whims of the EU, China and Russia.

EU, China, and Russia would tremble in fear at a US civil war because a decisive outcome would still leave a nation with the largest economic and military resources in the world but now with a clear and undivided purpose. The divisiveness of our country now is the greatest gift to our adversaries.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:16 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
Try not paying them and see what happens.

Everything government does it at gunpoint.
Wesley Snipes, Larken Rose, Pete Rose, Richard Pryor...many others.

Guess they voluntarily went to the government and asked to be locked in one of their cages.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies