Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 03:19 PM

37,020 posts, read 41,072,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I'm pro choice as well, even though I do wish women would seek other alternatives first before coming to this conclusion. With that said, I do have a problem with tax payer money being used to fund Planned Parenthood, because I feel I shouldn't have to support someone else's mistakes. It's not my fault that women decided to screw the first guy they meet instead of being more choosy with their decisions. Now, I support 100% in rape cases, but that is an entirely different matter. It's part of the due process. If you are raped, you report it, and then you undergo state funded treatment which includes elective abortion if you decide to not want to have this baby, and treatment for STD's. But this is covered under a different set of taxes.

Anyways, I do wish the left will stop with the fear mongering. It's getting old. People are not falling for their false accusations anymore.
Your implication is that everyone seeking an abortion is a ****.

I have news for you.

https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states

"In 2014, some 46% of all abortion patients had never married and were not cohabiting. However, nearly half were living with a male partner in the month they became pregnant, including 14% who were married and 31% who were cohabiting."

Old 10-07-2018, 03:31 PM

6,081 posts, read 4,575,734 times
Far left liberals get bent out of shape any time there's talk of any restrictions on abortion because they think abortions are wonderful (Nancy Keenan, etc.).

Far right conservatives get bent out of shape any time there's talk of gun regulation because they love guns and ammo above all else (Wayne LaPierre, etc.).

This is one of the reasons I'm proud to be an Independent.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:34 PM

599 posts, read 274,304 times
It won't.

Next question.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:25 PM

6,602 posts, read 4,983,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Your implication is that everyone seeking an abortion is a ****.

I have news for you.

https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states

"In 2014, some 46% of all abortion patients had never married and were not cohabiting. However, nearly half were living with a male partner in the month they became pregnant, including 14% who were married and 31% who were cohabiting."
Not to mention no taxes go to support Planned Parenthoods abortion operations because of the Hyde amendment

Old 10-07-2018, 07:02 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,400,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Not to mention no taxes go to support Planned Parenthoods abortion operations because of the Hyde amendment
but planned parenthood does council women of where and how to seek abortions and how to get federal
help to pay for them/

Old 10-07-2018, 07:04 PM

37,020 posts, read 41,072,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
but planned parenthood does council women of where and how to seek abortions and how to get federal help to pay for them/
Source?

Old 10-07-2018, 07:17 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,485,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Which amendment legalized abortion? Or otherwise? Hint it has its foundation on privacy...

There are many times SC stepped in over states when civil rights are concerned. Civil rights are not subject to popularity of vote. Roe vs wade, various privacy, Loving vs Virginia are examples..
That would be true, if it were self inflicted in privacy.
But enlisting another breathing person to do it, is murder for hire.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:49 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,155,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Far left liberals get bent out of shape any time there's talk of any restrictions on abortion because they think abortions are wonderful (Nancy Keenan, etc.).

Far right conservatives get bent out of shape any time there's talk of gun regulation because they love guns and ammo above all else (Wayne LaPierre, etc.).

This is one of the reasons I'm proud to be an Independent.
The really jacked up part is that these are the very same hot button issues most of them seem to examine when voting.

And, the reality is that 2A and Roe aren’t likely to change at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies