Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 05:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenKW View Post
That is so funny how he keeps saying Pocahontas and no one can do **** about it.
IF he weren't the POTUS - it might be funny. But he is and it's not the discourse we should expect from the leader of the free world. The dumbing down of America is complete.

I will NEVER forget when he drug out that racist trope when *honoring* some very old American Indians for something. It was like a slap in their faces.

Gross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 07:42 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Trump is splitting again.
First he said..."so what" when it was announced Ms. Warren took her DNA test and released it as requested.

Then, he responds , " some people call her Pocahontas"

Last, , he says " she is going to be easy to beat."

I think he needs his go-to campaign announcement of...."Russia if you re listening...I need to beat Elizabeth Warren"...you will be rewarded mightily..."

Was there a chain of evidence?

Anyone can send anyone's DNA into a 3rd party service and claim it to be their own, right?

Is there anyone to verify it's even her DNA? NO!

This is SOP for politicians and magicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
IF he weren't the POTUS - it might be funny. But he is and it's not the discourse we should expect from the leader of the free world. The dumbing down of America is complete.

I will NEVER forget when he drug out that racist trope when *honoring* some very old American Indians for something. It was like a slap in their faces.

Gross.
It's really sad when hate replaces sense.

I haven't been here that long, but I can tell you are one of the many that hate Trump no matter what. I feel sorry for such people.

There's already enough baggage in life.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:45 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
So - Trump claims he has more Indian blood than Elizabeth Warren.

What did he do, get a transfusion or drink it? His heritage is entirely Scottish his(mother was a Scots immigrant) and German (the paternal Drumpfs).

No Indians in either of those countries, or ancestral lines.

BTW, the historic Pocahontas has thousands of living American descendants, and having that ancestry is considered a point of pride among aristocratic Virginia (and other) families.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:57 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
He's not wrong. Of course anyone that has been here more than a couple of generations (7 I think for me) has more NA in them than she seems to have. My wife has much more than I. She is the first generation born outside of OK and her family is many generations deep. My Nephew on her side is actually a registered member of the Cherokee Nation as his dad was a 1/2 blood, making he and his sister a 16th. I believe you have to be 32nd or better to be registered.

I doubt Warren is anywhere near the requirement. She certainly doesn't have enough NA to claim she is one on her forms, yet she did.
This is very likely true in Oklahoma, which of course was the Indian Territory and included people from many tribes (including people of mixed background, particularly with the Eastern Cherokees) who had been forcibly removed there as well as Indians whose tribes were native to Oklahoma, but it is not true nationwide, surprisingly.

It is true that people in some southern states are more likely to be of distantly mixed background, both white (or in many cases, black) and Indian.

I have cousins myself with Choctaw background several generations ago. They call Arkansas and Texas their homes, and their white lines derive from Northern Ireland, Scotland, Germany, England, and France. I am related to them through the Ulster Scots, English, German, and French lines. They are aware of their distant Choctaw heritage, but do not consider themselves Choctaw. and are culturally not Indian. All but one or two of them are very fair-skinned blue-eyed blonds (the Isle of Skye genes are very strong in this bunch and they identify with Scotland as the homeland) - one or two have darker coloring, and profiles include some typical Indian features, but it's subtle.

Just interesting, not really significant in any way.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:29 PM

131 posts, read 54,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That is one of the most remarkable political appearances I have ever seen. Outrageously offensive but nonetheless hilarious. Trump is like the drunk at the party that all the polite people despise until he picks up the tab....
Lol good one

Old 10-17-2018, 08:24 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She was told when growing up that she had Native American blood in her. It was one of those family stories passed down through several generations.

When I was growing up, me and my siblings used to revel in the fact that we were 100% Sicilian, because that's what we believed. We had our DNA done last year and, surprise, surprise, it turns out we are only 59% Italian. I guess you could say that I lied to every person who I told I was full Sicilian to over the years.

This is a nothing issue, but Trump doesn't care. He just wants to be able to call people names. Just like every other fifth grader.
Mom's family always said they were from Salerno. Her cousin went to Italy in his retirement and traced the family back to the 1600's in Salerno.

When I had my DNA done a few months ago with Ancestry's newer test, I was surprised that my 40% was not only narrowed down to Southern Italy, but specifically to SALERNO. True, from our research, but how could DNA get that specific? Beats me.

As far as Trump goes, of course Warren would have more Native blood that he would. Trump's mother and grandfather came to the US very RECENTLY from countries that don't have Indigenous people. Did they ever go West of the Hudson River?

If you had your test done with Ancestry earlier, you can update where it gets more specific as far as Italy goes.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Those DNA tests...

Ya gotta be careful in releasing the results.

Old 10-17-2018, 01:20 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
So - Trump claims he has more Indian blood than Elizabeth Warren.

What did he do, get a transfusion or drink it? His heritage is entirely Scottish his(mother was a Scots immigrant) and German (the paternal Drumpfs).

No Indians in either of those countries, or ancestral lines.

BTW, the historic Pocahontas has thousands of living American descendants, and having that ancestry is considered a point of pride among aristocratic Virginia (and other) families.
He s a liar and much more.
But his son will be worse.
Wake up people. If it isnt already too late.
Trump Republicans will never protect Americans. They serve only them selves. Vote them out.

Old 10-17-2018, 01:22 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
"President Trump RIPS Elizabeth Warren: I Have More Indian Blood Than Pocahontas"

Would Mr. Trump be willing to take a DNA test to prove that? Will he back up his claims?

Old 10-17-2018, 01:22 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Actually this is not true, the test revealed she has NA in her blood. The problem is it's no more than the average American. I'm a well known Trump basher but in this instance he was correct.
Hahahaha. No star for you today. You completely missed the lesson.

This has turned out to be a disaster for Pocahontas and the Democrats in general. No question about that at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies