Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 06:23 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,275,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I don't know about the strange tangent this thread has headed off on with the last several posts but to get back to the original discussion, observance of Columbus Day is apparently a randomly regional occurence.

In NC, only the Fed/Post Office and banks (which close for all sorts of oddball holidays) are closed.
There is no tangent.

The city of Columbus didn't want to have Columbus Day any longer because of C.C.'s reputation as a slave trader and overall bad guy who oppressed and killed non-whites.

So they dump C.C. and decide to honor vets instead. Vets, as instructed by U.S. foreign policy, have killed untold numbers of mostly non-white innocents all around the globe in the last 200 years.

If the city government of Columbus is going to be morally and logically consistent (impossible as it is government after all) it would not honor either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 06:24 PM

The picture is blurry. That ain't conservative hero Rumsfeld. It's Donald Duck!

Old 10-08-2018, 06:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,826,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I wonder how Saddam got those weapons in the first place?

I'm sure the Iranians gassed by Saddam in the 1980's love American foreign policy too.

Saddam hated the Iranians all on his own without the US help. Most of Iraqi weapons were Russian.

I'm not going to take sides between the Bushes and Saddam. We should've stayed out of the middle east because no good deed goes unpunished anyway, and we shouldn't have had globalist Presidents like the Bushes in an ideal scenario.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
There is no tangent.

The city of Columbus didn't want to have Columbus Day any longer because of C.C.'s reputation as a slave trader and overall bad guy who oppressed and killed non-whites.

So they dump C.C. and decide to honor vets instead. Vets, as instructed by U.S. foreign policy, have killed untold numbers of mostly non-white innocents all around the globe in the last 200 years.

If the city government of Columbus is going to be morally and logically consistent (impossible as it is government after all) it would not honor either.
That's an anti-American argument maybe as bad or worse than the leftist's. Veterans don't set US foreign policy, they carry it out. First you denigrate a white explore then denigrate US soldiers for killing "non-whites". Anti-white under an anarcho pretext perhaps.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's an anti-American argument maybe as bad or worse than the leftist's. Veterans don't set US foreign policy, they carry it out. First you denigrate a white explore then denigrate US soldiers for killing "non-whites". Anti-white under an anarcho pretext perhaps.
Nuremberg called. It wants its defense back.

I'm pointing out that the SJWs hate Columbus because he killed innocent non-whites yet the U.S. government has killed untold numbers of innocent non-whites. The vets carried out the agenda.

But Democrats are race hustlers of a certain pedigree. They don't really care about non-whites.

I care about all innocents who have been the victims of aggression regardless of their race, gender, creed, religion, etc.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Nuremberg called. It wants its defense back.

I'm pointing out that the SJWs hate Columbus because he killed innocent non-whites yet the U.S. government has killed untold numbers of innocent non-whites. The vets carried out the agenda.

But Democrats are race hustlers of a certain pedigree. They don't really care about non-whites.

I care about all innocents who have been the victims of aggression regardless of their race, gender, creed, religion, etc.
Yeah but I'm not sure how all innocent the opponents of Columbus or the US military actually were. Pre-Colombian America was an aggressive place and most of the wars America entered were all ready raging before entrance.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:08 PM

10,018 posts, read 9,463,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Washington DC is also named after Columbus.

Perhaps it should be renamed. Maybe liberals will want it named after Obama, Ocasio Cortez or Dianne Feinstein.
.... and there motto will be “guilty until proven innocent”.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:16 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,787,845 times
Happy Indigenous People day on the day the country celebrates winning the fight that made America today... Only liberals can be that insensitive in creating that disaster of a fake holiday, lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies