Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 07:57 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,272,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are incorrect

Definition of inaugurate

1 : to induct into an office with suitable ceremonies

as in...
Try googling 'Pelosi inaugurated' and you will get a bunch of hits regarding Trump's inauguration, but nothing of "Pelosi's inauguration." No one uses that language. Not the NYT, not the WAPO, not CNN, and not the congress critters themselves.

Only you, AOC, and the Long Island Times. BTW that long island times link didn't work, at least for me. But hey, if you wish to use language no one else uses, go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 08:03 PM

29,758 posts, read 18,623,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
She must be among the two-thirds of Americans who couldn't pass the citizenship test.

Liberal Clowns are so amusing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng38UBwRG_A
What an attractive idiot....hopefully she will become the face of the demented Party....much better than Hillary for sure though her IQ is less half Hillary's.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:09 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,544,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Common parlance is that U.S. Presidents are inaugurated, Congress is 'convened.' Individual Congress critters are 'seated.'

You and AOC apparently don't know common parlance. Embarrassing!
Yep, that is something to be truly embarrassed about. I just can't believe somebody would use that word in that context. Truly appalling!

Old 10-08-2018, 08:13 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,777,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
and despite his education, he is probably the stupidest congressperson by the stuff he says. Seems like once being a judge, he doesn't sound very intelligent or well-informed.
No I think that belongs to Hank Johnson or the lady with the tiny cowboy hat.

Cue my favorite video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XXVLKWd3Q

Old 10-08-2018, 08:29 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,964,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Oh, for chrissakes, she's a young novice.

I guess you can't fault her on anything worthwhile, so you're grasping at straws?
She's made some immensely stupid comments since ending up in the public spotlight, she may be a young novice but when it comes to economic policy she sounds ignorant AF.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Status: "Repub's IVF ruling is anti-family and anti-America" (set 19 hours ago)

5,781 posts, read 3,560,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
She must be among the two-thirds of Americans who couldn't pass the citizenship test.

Liberal Clowns are so amusing!
Ahh, latch onto one minor verbal slip-up as proof that she's wrong in the entirety of her program. And that assumes it is an error. As in Inauguration of the 100th Illinois General Assembly Jan. 11, 2017.

Now what was that about the substance of her policies you object to again? (Oops! I'm sorry! She doesn't have any policies yet, because she's not elected yet. I meant proposed policy! My Bad!!! )

Old 10-08-2018, 11:55 PM

5,885 posts, read 3,857,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I guess you missed the second part of my post about the law degree from Baylor.
Attending law school does not change the fact that a B.A. in History is still liberal arts.

Also, would he have still been considered a failure by you guys had he not attended law school? Note that I don't personally believe Louie is stupid. I think he's a fine man and should be commended for his military service. However, I notice plenty of right wingers on this site tend to label anyone who graduates with a liberal arts degree as being simple-minded fodder whose sole destination in life is working the latte machine at Starbucks.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:38 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,852,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In the video she says she would like that as much as getting everything accomplished tomorrow (she is explaining it will take longer).

Clearly she is a political rookie, so I wouldn't be too afraid if her, but the more you attack her, the more of your fear you reveal.
She's too hilarious to attack.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:02 AM

9,176 posts, read 4,968,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What an attractive idiot....hopefully she will become the face of the demented Party....much better than Hillary for sure though her IQ is less half Hillary's.
Yea, she may sound articulate but all you have to do is listen to her for a few minutes to come to the conclusion that she is a Bernie-brainwashed wanna be ‘fill in the blank.’ Useful idiot.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:18 AM

3,212 posts, read 2,219,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Yea, she may sound articulate but all you have to do is listen to her for a few minutes to come to the conclusion that she is a Bernie-brainwashed wanna be ‘fill in the blank.’ Useful idiot.
But I don't mind looking at her....just turn the sound off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies