Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 05:44 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times

Advertisements

Amazon sells Mein Kampf for as low as $12. Translated to English at that. If only Trump knew this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 05:55 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
I tired to buy Tucker Carlson’s book, Ship of Fools, on Amazon yesterday, but they said I wouldn’t receive it for a couple weeks. I’m a Prime member and always get books immediately. So I went and bought it at Barnes and Noble, and they had plenty there.
So Tucker on his show last night said they are delaying sales of his book because Jeff Bezos is one of the fools depicted in the boat on the cover.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:13 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Breitbart says WHAT??

Old 10-09-2018, 06:19 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Politically bezos isn't right wing at all. He bought WaPo. Hardly a right wing outlet
Nope he is right wing. He bought the WP to help spread his corporate propaganda in a legitimate manner (WP is highly respected among the elite class).

Also they’re pro-democrat, not left wing. There’ a difference.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:21 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
They said that Alliance Defending Freedom was too much of a "hate group" for their charity to do business with. They signed a brief to the Supreme Court against baker Jack Phillips. Yet, they apparently feel ok donating to this extremist group! Amazon's true colors are on display to everyone here:

https://www.breitbart.com/london/201...saudi-scholar/
Jeff Bezos seems to resemble Dr Evil more and more as the years pass.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:22 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
They said that Alliance Defending Freedom was too much of a "hate group" for their charity to do business with. They signed a brief to the Supreme Court against baker Jack Phillips. Yet, they apparently feel ok donating to this extremist group! Amazon's true colors are on display to everyone here:

https://www.breitbart.com/london/201...saudi-scholar/
Opening that link and looking at the "articles" posted explains a lot. That site is clearly not to be taken seriously. You know that, right?

Old 10-09-2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I never qualified for Amazon stock, but I had an opportunity with another company back in the Eighties; that stock now generates a dividend check for several hundred dollars for me every ninety days.

And a few of the people I worked with at Amazon are now going through their second or third cycle of stock rights. A lot of them are mature women who started at age 35-40. They walk 10-15 miles a day as order pickers, or do repetitive jobs for 10 hours -- 4 days a week -- but that's as rough as it gets.''

And that doesn't include the managers, whose options are more generous

Now if you and Cousin Fidel had your say, you'd break into the vault where Big Bad Bezos keeps all that "stolen" money and "redistribute" it, I suppose. Or maybe that's what you tell the "point-and-grunt" element among your followers and dupes.

But a lot of us know that that wealth is represented entirely by the market price of Amazon commons stock and if too much saber-rattling by Uncle Bernie and Aunt Pocahontas causes that stock to "tank", a lot of good people are going to see their own dreams destroyed,

So I suggest that if you see Cuba as such a Workers' Paradise. please haul your sorry self over there, and don't try to force your ideas on the rest of us.
Blah blah blah.

Amazon’s stock value is completely artificial and has nothing to do with hard work, the more people who buy into it, the more wealthy Amazon becomes and the more control they have over other people’s money.

If you have to invest in Amazon to make money, then that means the system is broken, and yet you refuse to acknowledge using feedback to make money off of money has nothing to do with hard work.

Bezos didn’t create capital, he funneled it into his own pocket.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
He did it by being better than everyone else at knowing what customers wanted
No. He did it by distorting markets and using excess investments (investments beyond the current worth of the company) to sell products at a loss to close out competition (which destroyed millions of jobs) and then raise them when Amazon was in control of the online market to the point they controlled the distribution of capital.

Wanting one authoritarian company handle retail is delusional and deadly to the costumer, Bezos didn’t work hard to get here.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:46 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Please explain how they hate America.
Maybe you should read the article.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:51 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Amazon is the #1 contributor to Trump’s job numbers.

Amazon is now the second largest private sector employer in the US, after Walmart which has been 1st place for 30+ years.
Yeah. I’d read that before. You’d think Trump would be appreciative instead of steady searching for ways to attack Bezos.

Which pretty much further shores up my “it’s all about him” theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies