Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 12:40 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,492,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Unbreakable Kimmee Schmidt (Netflix series, very funny) by Tina Fey mocked this scenario in an episode.

This guy was trying to get with Kimmee at a party and had a consent contract for her to sign or something along those lines.
LOVE that show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 12:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,487,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If mattress girl's story is true she was a victim of an aggressive sexual assault. She did her mattress art thing to bring attention to it.

Ansari was just a bad date.
I had to look up “ mattress girl”.

The accused produced FB posts/ text messages that cleared him, including some communications between them, post the alleged assault.

The Ansari thing was indeed a bad date.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:43 PM

19,399 posts, read 12,045,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Mattress girl tried to retroactively remove consent and then used her mattress art thing to harass and intimidate a fellow student leading to a rights violation the school had to settle out of court.
That is not how she portrayed it, but no one knows what really happened there except for the two people present at the time. He had had accusations by others as well. The school didn't have to settle out of court it chose to.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:48 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,630,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
What else would they want to associate with women?
You have complained that women are not attracted to you. I simply CAN’T imagine why women are not falling all over you. /snark

Old 10-09-2018, 12:50 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,089,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Ops. I thought you were a guy. I'm sure there are some women like that. I have male friends and I associate with them because they are funny. The thought of having sex with one of them doesn't appeal to me. Boundaries and all. Plus I doubt any of them would want anything to do with me in that regard because I'm old enough to be their mom.
I am a guy.

Hook-up culture is largely driven by young women. Just take a look at Snapchat and Instagram sometime; it's almost all half-naked girls trying to get with dudes left and right. If I was 15-20 years younger (I'm 39), It'd be like shooting fish in a barrel for me.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:52 PM

26,935 posts, read 13,160,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b0876edaa10e9f

Nice, the chain reaction is starting
Women can go on and shout as much as they want, in terms of the US where the Justice Department has cited a figure of 216,000 male rapes in prison a year.
However do you ever hear much about male rape inside or outside of prison, and it has been reported in the past that the US is the only country where more men are raped than women.

Is the US the only country where more men are raped than women - The Guardian

Old 10-09-2018, 12:53 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,697,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You have complained that women are not attracted to you. I simply CAN’T imagine why women are not falling all over you. /snark
Where the hell did I imply that?

Old 10-09-2018, 12:56 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,221,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I am a guy.

Hook-up culture is largely driven by young women. Just take a look at Snapchat and Instagram sometime; it's almost all half-naked girls trying to get with dudes left and right. If I was 15-20 years younger (I'm 39), It'd be like shooting fish in a barrel for me.
My brother was in his 40s when he got divorced and said the same thing about the people on those platforms. He had multiple dates in the same day. You can't reasonably conclude that all women are only using men for sex based off of hook up sites.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:01 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,492,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I am a guy.

I think sites that everyone knows is basically for hooking up is different than other dating sites. I've been on a couple of dating sites, didn't really have any luck. But I will say, there was one guy I was messaging with who complained about women only wanting to hook up. He then went on to say "You have really big boobs". Seriously. Bye!

Old 10-09-2018, 01:03 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,697,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
My brother was in his 40s when he got divorced and said the same thing about the people on those platforms. He had multiple dates in the same day. You can't reasonably conclude that all women are only using men for sex based off of hook up sites.
And men are all privileged rapist *******s too right?

#doublestandards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies